PDA

View Full Version : Prestigous.

FOREVAMONICA
Apr 6th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Who here agress with me that Wimbledon and The French Open have such a prestigous feeling about them, and attract temendous recognition and respect, wheras The U.S Open and The Australian Open do not have anywhere near as the same amount of prestigousy of Wimbledon and The Frecnh Open.

Erika_Angel
Apr 6th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Who here agress with me that Wimbledon and The French Open have such a prestigous feeling about them, and attract temendous recognition and respect, wheras The U.S Open and The Australian Open do not have anywhere near as the same amount of prestigousy of Wimbledon and The Frecnh Open.

I agree that they have a much more 'prestigious' feel to them yes. They are more traditional, clay and grass vs the hardcourt events etc.

AUS Open & US Open though (especially AUS) are much more the "people's grandslams" - The people who attend are all so passionate about the game, they love it. It seems much more like a carnival-esque atmosphere, an event.

Just because the other two events don't have that same prestigious feel doesn't make them any less. They make up for it in other ways.

eck
Apr 6th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Well Roger Federer likes AO :)
Says it's the cheerful slam. :yeah:

jamatthews
Apr 6th, 2007, 11:57 AM
I think so because it's not only the biggest contrast in surface but being so close together. To make the final of both, let alone win them both is an amazing achievement.

LoveFifteen
Apr 6th, 2007, 11:59 AM
The U.S Open and The Australian Open do not have anywhere near as the same amount of prestigousy of Wimbledon and The Frecnh Open.

:help:

Babolatpro880
Apr 6th, 2007, 01:30 PM
I agree that the French and Wimbledon are the more prestigious of the four.

That being said, the Aus and US are my favorite to watch, they just seem so much more fun :yeah:

supergrunt
Apr 6th, 2007, 01:37 PM
I like to watch the Australian Open and US Open :) !

Pureracket
Apr 6th, 2007, 02:03 PM
How a tournament that is just learning that men and women are equal becomes prestigious is beyond me.

Craigy
Apr 6th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Gone already.

rockstar
Apr 6th, 2007, 02:28 PM
yeah, they're probably more 'prestigious' cos they're a little more traditional...

CORIA01
Apr 6th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Me Too I Really Enjoy Watching Rg
Those Are The More Prestigious Tournaments To Me!!!