PDA

View Full Version : Serena on another Reality Show (Article)

tennisIlove09
Apr 6th, 2007, 01:54 AM
Sorry if this was posted already ...

Serena Races To Reality
http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/SerenatrophyGETTYgreat.jpg
Photo By Getty Images By Tennis Week
04/05/2007

If you thought Serena Williams' run to the Australian Open and Sony Ericsson Open championships were impressive, wait until you see the eight-time Grand Slam champion hit the pit and floor it toward the finish line racing against singer Jewel, skateboarder Tony Hawk, actor William Shatner, former NBA champion John Salley and former Broncos quarterback John Elway.

Williams has shown a flair for fast finishes and takes on life in the fast lane in the new reality racing show "Fast Cars & Superstars — Gillette Young Guns Celebrity Race" a seven-episode series to air on ABC prime beginning Thursday, June 7 at 8 p.m. Eastern time.
Twelve celebrity drivers will partner with the Gillette Young Guns — six of stock car racing’s most talented and popular drivers — to learn what it takes to win on the race track. The show will explore the interaction of top young stock car drivers with stars from the world of sports, music and entertainment, featuring drama and competition on and off the race track.
In each episode, viewers will watch celebrities train with a Gillette Young Guns driver. The show will culminate in a one-hour finale where the celebrities will be coached from the pits by their Gillette Young Guns instructors, and compete against each other during a time-trial race.
The series will be hosted by ESPN anchor Kenny Mayne and co-hosted by former Cleveland Cavaliers center and current ESPN NASCAR analyst Brad Daugherty. Williams, who showed her skills behind the wheel during the Williams Sisters reality show when she drove a golf cart alongside older sister Venus while Venus embarked on a training run, will compete against a collection of celebrity drivers including Jewel, Shatner, Hawk, actress Krista Allen, seven-time World All-Around Rodeo Champion Ty Murray, Salley, Elway, World Wrestling Entertainment Champion John Cena, volleyball great and model Gabrielle Reece, legendary surfer Laird Hamilton, and former NFL Super Bowl-winning Head Coach Bill Cowher. Gillette Young Guns are Jimmie Johnson, Ryan Newman, Carl Edwards, Kasey Kahne, Kurt Busch and Jamie McMurray.

PatrickRyan
Apr 6th, 2007, 02:06 AM
yes it was posted a while back, but I am still looking forward to watching it :)

RVD
Apr 6th, 2007, 02:42 AM
Kewl!
I'll be watching ...[hopefully].

Denise4925
Apr 6th, 2007, 02:45 AM
Did they already tape it?

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 6th, 2007, 02:49 AM
Yeah they alredy taped it, I think, because some of the commentators durin AO and Miami were asking her about it, and she was being evasive, and telling them that she couldn't tell them too much too soon, but now I guess she can talk all she wants :lol:

I can't wait to see it :yeah:

RVD
Apr 6th, 2007, 02:50 AM
Did they already tape it?Wouldn't it be cool if they captured her run-up to and through the AO and Miami as highlights ? :cool: :D

winone23
Apr 6th, 2007, 03:23 AM
I want to see it!!

Knizzle
Apr 6th, 2007, 03:25 AM
Serena :unsure: Please don't let her behind the wheel of a car. I don't trust the Williams girls' driving. :lol:

Dawn Marie
Apr 6th, 2007, 03:26 AM
fun fun fun! Can't wait to see Serena!:)

SAEKeithSerena
Apr 6th, 2007, 03:33 AM
that's hot.

PatrickRyan
Apr 6th, 2007, 03:38 AM
I believe Serena talked about it in a press conference in Miami.