PDA

View Full Version : Venus & Tatiana post match quotes today

tonythetiger
Apr 6th, 2007, 01:45 AM
I don't if this has been posted in another thread, but I like Vee's attitude, but Tati sounds confident too. Venus knows what to expect from her this time. Plus I if I remember correctly the conditions during that last match up were windy and cold. Go Venus!!

"She turned up her game nicely; made me hit a lot of balls, got to a lot of balls and stepped up and hit some winners when she had her chance," Williams said. "It was nice to break back each time. After that I really didn't want to let go of my serve at all so I just did what it took. For her, there was a lot of pressure to consolidate those breaks, and that's where I had the advantage."

Next up for the American is No.8-seeded Tatiana Golovin, who beat No.12 seed Samantha Stosur, 62 61. Golovin will be a dangerous opponent for Williams; in their only prior encounter, on the same green clay court surface at Charleston two seasons ago, the French teenager prevailed in straight sets, 75 64.

"I haven't seen her play lately, but I'm looking forward to getting on court with her," said Golovin, whose win over Williams was her third of now eight career Top 10 wins. "She's definitely one of the toughest to beat when she's in top form."

"I expect to play well more than anything," added Williams. "I'm trying to elevate my game with each match - that's really what I want from my game."

austennis
Apr 6th, 2007, 01:52 AM
both sound confident and both deservie the QF spots... i think whoever wins will need to play excellent tennis

VeeReeDavJCap81
Apr 6th, 2007, 02:13 AM
Win this Venus :bounce:

starin
Apr 6th, 2007, 02:13 AM
"I haven't seen her play lately, but I'm looking forward to getting on court with her," said Golovin, whose win over Williams was her third of now eight career Top 10 wins. "She's definitely one of the toughest to beat when she's in top form."

too bad Venus has rarely shown that top form in the last 3 1/2 years. If Venus shows up in top form Golovin is toast. But more likely Venus will come out shakey and make errors. So Golovin has a good shot.

tonythetiger
Apr 6th, 2007, 02:42 AM
Venus needs to enforce her will like she knows that she can. She must refuse to lose and not give any free points away. Make Golovin work for every point and she needs to stay relax and not force winners!

AcesHigh
Apr 6th, 2007, 02:58 AM
Nice, although predictable quotes. Good luck to both (Win it Vee :D)