PDA

View Full Version : Tier IV Rabat Moved To Fes; Tier III Tel Aviv Officially Canceled

pierce0415
Apr 5th, 2007, 08:47 PM
according to the updated calandar on wtatour.com

Meteor Shower
Apr 5th, 2007, 09:09 PM
The smart thing was to make sure the turnament take place to even increase the Israeli rising interest in tennis.

Stupid roadmap. Was there ever a decision :weirdo: Scott made that didn't screw up the non-top players/turnaments?

The Jabberwock
Apr 5th, 2007, 09:21 PM
:sad:

Uranus
Apr 5th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the info ;)

tks
Apr 5th, 2007, 11:09 PM
ohh no :sad:

ASP0315
Apr 6th, 2007, 04:24 AM
WTA calender sucks. What else is new. They don't plan the schedule properly. Why the hell is Barcelona tourney after French Open.?? They could have out it on the same week as in Amilie isand or charleston oe budapest. Poor schedule.

.Andrew.
Apr 6th, 2007, 04:35 AM
Tel Aviv :sad: Sadly, the tournament couldn't even take place last year.

Poor Shahar. I'm sure she wanted to play in front of the home crowd - :hug:

piercerocks
Apr 6th, 2007, 05:03 AM
Tel Aviv :sad: Sadly, the tournament couldn't even take place last year.

Poor Shahar. I'm sure she wanted to play in front of the home crowd - :hug:

maybe they can make it an exo event.

ewbangkok
Apr 6th, 2007, 06:06 AM
yes bad schedule

tks
Apr 6th, 2007, 08:00 AM
maybe they can make it an exo event.

They will made an exo in the begigning of may in Tel Aviv :)

Shahar Peer vs Bepa Zvonareva :hearts: :bounce:

Yasmine
Apr 6th, 2007, 08:54 AM
Having gone to Fes a few months ago, that's understandable. Henri Leconte has built a huge tennis complex with something like 15 clay courts. So no wonder they're hosting a tourney:yeah:

That's silly for Tel Aviv though :o

sapir1434
Apr 6th, 2007, 11:22 AM
I hoped that somehow the tourny in Tel-Aviv will take place after all :o :sad:

Nervenbuendel
Apr 6th, 2007, 11:35 AM
As far as I can remember there once was an atp-tournament in Tel Aviv, which had been won by Aaron Krickstein (about 20 years ago?).

Would highly appreciate an wta-event here also with an adequate result (for example Obziller should get the trophy). :hearts: :)

Fantastic
Apr 6th, 2007, 03:54 PM
FES, as in Foreign Exchange Student from "That 70's Show"? LOL. Just jokes. In all seriousness though, I don't know what the place is like but if Henri Leconte endorses the place then it must be a decent place to hold a tournament.

Tel Aviv should be the same week as Zurich, then Linz and Quebec City can be in the same week, thus bringing the season to an end one week earlier. Oh, was that too much common sense for the WTA Tour? Sorry.