PDA

View Full Version : Elena in Istanbul !!!

Tenisci
Apr 5th, 2007, 06:14 PM
According to the www.istanbulcup.com , Elena DEMENTIEVA will play in Istanbul.

Pilongo
Apr 5th, 2007, 10:28 PM
According to the web page, the tournament will be between Roma and RG.
I understand she'll need some play before the Grand Slam, don't know how that will affect her performance, cause that would be 4 weeks in a row and then the french open (Warsaw, Berlin, Roma and Istanbul).
Any thing she does i'll be glad to see her playing again, if she chooses to do that, that'd mean she can.
Please Lena choose wisely.
On the other hand i see we'll have a representative there if she fly to Turkey. Congrats! i hope you can make Lena notice she has supporters everywhere she goes ;)

Mathijs
Apr 5th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Sorry i can't find anything about Lena playing Istanbul on the website so somehow i don't believe its true...

UDACHi
Apr 5th, 2007, 10:55 PM
please don't. :unsure:

Tenisci
Apr 6th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Sorry i can't find anything about Lena playing Istanbul on the website so somehow i don't believe its true...

It is in the Turkish language part. English version still isnt updated.

You will see her name as bold in the main page.

Swiss Ivo
Apr 6th, 2007, 09:46 PM

First I don`t also believe it! But, it`s realy true!
Thanks a lot for the information, Türkiye!

It could be very nice for me. Now, I got a very big chance to see Lena after ten years, again on the same place there I saw she the first time in my life.
I will never forget this place where I fall in love with her.
So, a story of ten years, turns exactly after ten years, back to the same place...:D

Willam
Apr 7th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Maybe its that the turkish part isnt updated and she withdrew? :S

Tenisci
Apr 7th, 2007, 10:31 AM
First I don`t also believe it! But, it`s realy true!
Thanks a lot for the information, Türkiye!

It could be very nice for me. Now, I got a very big chance to see Lena after ten years, again on the same place there I saw she the first time in my life.
I will never forget this place where I fall in love with her.
So, a story of ten years, turns exactly after ten years, back to the same place...:D

You are right she won Istanbul tournament in 1997, also doubles with Myskina. It will be nice to see her here again. Hope she wont withdraw.

I heard that Elena Dementieva, Shahar Peer and Venus Williams are playing so far.

miffedmax
Apr 7th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Well, we know the Russians have always wanted to conquer Istanbul . . . ;)

(And Lena will, of course, but only in the tennis sense. . . and the hearts of many Turkish tennis fans).

Tenisci
Apr 7th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Well, we know the Russians have always wanted to conquer Istanbul . . . ;)

(And Lena will, of course, but only in the tennis sense. . . and the hearts of many Turkish tennis fans).

but they didnt succeed :p

miffedmax
Apr 8th, 2007, 02:04 AM
Lena will (hearts, anyway).

LCS
Apr 8th, 2007, 09:42 PM
She's clearly wanting to get well prepared for RG...it's her favourite slam...or best...a tournament in her favourite city...

Rix643
Apr 12th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Lena is first seed on the official Entry List.

Medina
Apr 13th, 2007, 11:00 AM
its great so see her come back, Its great cant wait to see her results :)