PDA

View Full Version : Family Circle Cup (Charleston) Main Draw

maddogz48
Apr 5th, 2007, 03:53 PM
The Main Draw for the Family Circle Cup will be created on Saturday, April 7th at 3 p.m. (Charleston, South Carolina time).

Hopefully no more withdrawals will occur before the draw is made.

Still entered in this tournament is: Venus, Serena, Hingis, Kuznetsova, Vaidisova, Jankovic, Safina, Peer, Schnyder, Ivanovic, Na Li, Zvonareva, Golovin & others.

http://www.familycirclecup.com/pages/articles/20070407155809.pdf

Mina Vagante
Apr 5th, 2007, 04:02 PM
:bounce: thanks

RND
Apr 5th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Thanks. :D And time in GMT?

AnywhereButHome
Apr 5th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Thanx

nathie
Apr 5th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Thanks. :D And time in GMT?

i think 3 p.m. (15h) charleston time => 8 p.m. (20h) GMT time

Bremen
Apr 5th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the info!

John.
Apr 5th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Hope noone else withdraws

lecciones
Apr 5th, 2007, 05:37 PM
I won't be surprised if any more withdraw. WTA is looking bad with all these withdrawals.

maddogz48
Apr 6th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Kuznetsova dropped out.

starin
Apr 6th, 2007, 10:52 PM
excited !! I hope Venus and Serena end up on opposite sides of the draw. I'm excited to see how Serena plays on clay. I'm not sure she'll do that well in this tournament. Her movement is still a little slow and she won't be able to hit her way out of matches like she can on other surfaces. Clay will be a very good barometer of her fitness and speed.

maddogz48
Apr 7th, 2007, 03:57 PM
A couple more hours to go ...

Frode
Apr 7th, 2007, 04:01 PM
I wonder if they are trying to get Petrova to play?

TomTennis
Apr 7th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Fingers crossed Venus and Serena are on opposite sides of the draw.

azmad_88
Apr 7th, 2007, 04:24 PM
how many hours to go as u post?

Brooklyn90
Apr 7th, 2007, 04:29 PM
2:30 left :bounce:

Nicolas
Apr 7th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Can't waite

tennisbuddy12
Apr 7th, 2007, 04:33 PM
2 hours 25 min.

soomaal
Apr 7th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Ohh dear people I think some need to get a life..... I'm sure even the players aren't half as excited as some of us.

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 7th, 2007, 06:04 PM
^ :p

57 minutes :bounce::lol:

frenchie
Apr 7th, 2007, 06:13 PM
I hope Serena draws Hingis in her part of the draw and Venus in the other!!

V-MAC
Apr 7th, 2007, 06:28 PM
hmm, I'll be most intrigued to see how Vee performs in Charleston...

soomaal
Apr 7th, 2007, 06:30 PM
hmm, I'll be most intrigued to see how Vee performs in Charleston...

More than anything, I hope they motivate her!!

V-MAC
Apr 7th, 2007, 06:34 PM
More than anything, I hope they motivate her!!

Yeah I think Vee would really benefit from having a tough draw. An early round win over a top player (Serena hopefully :devil: ) could be just the confidence boost she needs right now for her game to start sticking together.

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 7th, 2007, 06:46 PM
ummm unless Venus comes out and plays hot she won't beat Serena :unsure:.....at least Serena should be getting a better draw as the #4 seed:)

-VSR-
Apr 7th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Any news?

zhangxian22
Apr 7th, 2007, 07:31 PM
should be out by now

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 7th, 2007, 07:43 PM
calling now....

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 7th, 2007, 07:46 PM
from FCC official, it was JUST completed...and it will be released OFFICIALLY in about 30 minutes

WTA is putting it up now

Vaidisova
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:05 PM
http://www.familycirclecup.com/pages/articles/20070407155809.pdf

Nicole #1 seed

soomaal
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:06 PM
It's out!

http://www.familycirclecup.com/pages/FCC_TournamentAction/Draws.html

MrSerenaWilliams
OMFG :eek::bolt:

Vee and Ree in Round 3?

tae04
yawn another early round, cya Venus!

booshbish
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:07 PM
wth.. why did martina withdraw?

FORZA SARITA
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:07 PM
another time pennetta-tu :o

égalité
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Where the hell is Martina? :speakles:

soomaal
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:08 PM

Vee and Ree in Round 3?

Expect more of this until they are top of the rankings!!:fiery: :fiery:

Cat's Pajamas
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:09 PM
:o

booshbish
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:10 PM
winner gets 430 pts??? craziness... weak field but the opportunity is here for some interesting match-ups and some people to get some big ranking boosts!!

LDF
That blows. :o

MrSerenaWilliams
fuck this :fiery:

practiceboy
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Oh, God... come on, Serena!

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:13 PM
w/ a win, Ree can get inside top 8 :yeah::bounce:

Craigy
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Fuck off. These draws are being fixed! :lol:
Nicole's draw is kinda...:unsure:
Tati in Schnyder's quarter :drool:

Brooklyn90
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:14 PM
stupid ass shit!

K-Dog
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Wow!!! All this time, Venus and Serena seem to have missed each other in the draws even with their low rankings. Now, it seems like it is going to be every tournament. Yeah, Serena is going to win this tournament unless she plays like she did back in 1995. Venus isn't going far in this draw either. She might even lose in the opener to Sam. Shame. This is what she needs is matches, but in the past, she was always seeded. Even if Venus gets past Sam, I see Serena killing her. For some reason though, I just don't see the sisters playing. Venus can practice all she wants, but until she fixes her technique and learns how to play in matches like she apparently does in practice, she won't have the desired results.

Again, a withdrawl putting Serena and Venus in the same section. This time Hingis. Last time in Miami, Amelie.

LDF
Peer has a great chance to make another SF; Jankovic's form has dipped recently, and there aren't too many major threats in that section :shrug:

Nicolas

Vee and Ree in Round 3?

Vee has to beat Stosur first....... :rolleyes:

©@®eLess
Oh NOOOOOO teribble draw for Jelena...even Santangelo in her part! NOOOOOO

tae04
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Feel bad for Venus. Cuz I really feel Serena should run over her if they meet.

mckyle.
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:18 PM
wow, how coincidental that out of all the spots in a huge draw, Serena and Venus are bunched together once again. and people are still trying to convince themselves that draws aren't rigged :lol:

FrOzon
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Again, a withdrawl putting Serena and Venus in the same section. This time Hingis. Last time in Miami, Amelie.

How do you know? :confused:

starin
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:20 PM
lets see if Venus can get past Stosur first. With her form at the moment Venus could easily lose to Stosur.

but what is this crap. Why do Venus and Serena keep ending up in the same quarter as each other. Not even just the same quarter the same section of the same quarter. Worst part is this match won't even be televised.

narrisch
Bammer vs Molik? ...nice test for FedCup :lol:

The Daviator
Serena's only threats are Venus and Nicole...

mckyle.
wow. vaidisova is #1 at a tier 1! seems so strange...

starin
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:21 PM
wow, how coincidental that out of all the spots in a huge draw, Serena and Venus are bunched together once again. and people are still trying to convince themselves that draws aren't rigged :lol:

I don't see why they would rig it this way. Would be better for them to have V&S face each other in a later round that is actually televised.

LDF
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:21 PM

But they withdrew before the draws were made, and as Venus is unseeded there was always the possibility of them meeting this early :shrug:

aisha
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Motherfuck! :fiery:

:inlove:
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Oh Lord. :haha: :help: :o

RG Moonballer
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:24 PM
I wonder if Serena and Shahar will meet yet again?

paranr
Serena's only threats are Venus and Nicole...

you've got a lot of nerve, considering that Peer has given williams much hard time than Vaidisova.:o

Russianboy
:lol: @ nicole #1 seed :lol: :lol: I'm sorry...^^

RND
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Good draw for qualifiers. ;)

hacberto
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:27 PM

Vee and Ree in Round 3?

:fiery: Fuck!! I won't watch it on tv

:sad: :sad:

K-Dog
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:27 PM
How do you know? :confused:

Think about it. Amelie would've knocked Serena down in the seedings in Miami. Martina would've knocked Serena down in the seedings. I know that names are pulled, but with another name in the draw, who knows if the quarters in these two events would still hold true.

The Daviator
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:29 PM
you've got a lot of nerve, considering that Peer has given williams much hard time than Vaidisova.:o

But Nikki is still the better player :wavey:

frenchie
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Venus vs Serena once again in a draw!!

I seriously begins to think that draws are rigged
Miami 2005
Wimnledon 2005
USO 2005
Miami 2007
Charleston 2007

The Daviator
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:32 PM

Miami 2005
Wimnledon 2005
USO 2005
Miami 2007
Charleston 2007

It is odd that each time they've both played the same tournament recently, they've been drawn so close to each other :confused:

paranr
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:33 PM
But Nikki is still the better player :wavey: not against Serena she isn't.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Nicole is the #1 seed? That's a good one :yeah: :lol:
And lol @ the possible match Vee-Serena in the 3R :D :lol:

IceSkaTennisFan
But Nikki is still the better player :wavey:
Especially on clay. People laugh at Nicole being the #1 seed. She has the credentials, especially considering she was a SF at RG last year.

K-Dog
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:34 PM

All these damn Shahar fans. OMG!!! You have one hope and one only hope and you act like she's the next coming of God on Earth. She is the only reason you guys are into tennis now because the Israeli sports media are sensationalists. Shahar is a hack. Period. She has no tennis talent, just a hard worker. She isn't going to be anything more than just a consistent top 15 player, maybe top 10 at some point, but if she every loses her mobility for some reason, she will struggle like no other. She has about the ugliest strokes ever for a player of her rank. What is her h2h against the Williams' this year? Or against anyone ranked in the top 10 other than Kuznetsova? Okay, shut up.

Oh, and Nicole would kill Peer on anything besides clay. Even on clay, Nicole would find a way to win. We will see how things shape up for Nicole and Shahar when their careers are over.

The Daviator
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:36 PM
not against Serena she isn't.

Has Shahar ever beaten Serena? No.

Nikki is the top seed and is better on clay, she's more of a threat...

Asmus
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:37 PM
What a weak draw! No wonder the WTA is changing its format!

frenchie
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:38 PM
All these damn Shahar fans. OMG!!! You have one hope and one only hope and you act like she's the next coming of God on Earth. She is the only reason you guys are into tennis now because the Israeli sports media are sensationalists. Shahar is a hack. Period. She has no tennis talent, just a hard worker. She isn't going to be anything more than just a consistent top 15 player, maybe top 10 at some point, but if she every loses her mobility for some reason, she will struggle like no other. She has about the ugliest strokes ever for a player of her rank. What is her h2h against the Williams' this year? Or against anyone ranked in the top 10 other than Kuznetsova? Okay, shut up.

Oh, and Nicole would kill Peer on anything besides clay. Even on clay, Nicole would find a way to win. We will see how things shape up for Nicole and Shahar when their careers are over.

all these damn Nicole fans:rolleyes: . they think she has the talent to constantly beat the best. Wake up, she has a good serve and THAT'S ALL:wavey:

The Jabberwock
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:39 PM

:eek:
Calm down...
I hope Shahar will make it to the final to face Nicole ;)

RG Moonballer
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:40 PM

Thanks for sharing your wisdom. :bounce:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:41 PM

Seriously dude, what's your problem? If Peer fans are annoying that they are not as near annoying as Williams fans :o :tape:
Whatever...

paranr
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:41 PM

I am sorry but what you have said is so biased . Daviator said that Serena's main rivals are Vaidisova and Venus and I said that history has shown that Peer has given and will give Serena much harder time than Vaidisova. I definatelly didn't say that Peer will defeat Serena.

by the way, How will Vaidisova exactly kill Peer? on the 1 time they did meet , Peer had a match point and couldn't convert. you're so retard or antisemetic , I don't know , but you have made your self a complete fool. bye bye.

K-Dog
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:42 PM
all these damn Nicole fans:rolleyes: . they think she has the talent to constantly beat the best. Wake up, she has a good serve and THAT'S ALL:wavey:

Forgot about the forehand I guess. That shot has had its shar of success against your favs.

IceSkaTennisFan
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:47 PM

That was really rude :o Shahar has had some great results lately. Even Serena has admitted that and the fact that she has really been challenged by Shahar before. Call me old fashioned, but treat others the way you want to be treated ;)

vw.
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Venus and Serena so close. again.

Williams-forever
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Im now officially a draw-maker assasin. My first victim is Pam Whytcross and Patty Schnyder. FUCK im angry. I guess the only hope is that someone withdraws and Serena will be moved in the draw...:rolleyes:

Bijoux0021
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:54 PM

Miami 2005
Wimnledon 2005
USO 2005
Miami 2007
Charleston 2007
It's obviously the WTA has been sending a very strong message to the sisters the last few years....It's either they play more and get their rankings up or face each other early in tournaments and Slams. It's interesting that when Venus and Serena were ranked #1 and #2 and couldn't face each other before the finals, there were many people complaining about that as well.

It seems like until they are ranked #1 and #2 again, the organizers are not going to put them in separate halfs of draws. :sad:

tennisbuddy12
Apr 7th, 2007, 08:57 PM
could Ashley beat Mara???

Derek.
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:02 PM

If she stays healthy she'll probably end up with a better career than all of your favorites.

frenchie
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:07 PM
If she stays healthy she'll probably end up with a better career than all of your favorites.

:spit: :spit:
Should I remember you she still hasn't taken part to a tier 2 final??
Her career will be a mix between kournikova (in terms of rankings) and Smashnova (in terms of titles):tape:

Neptune
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Her career will be a mix between kournikova (in terms of rankings) and Smashnova (in terms of titles):tape:

Should remember she's only 17 and 2 Gs semi-finals.;) Have a nice week-end.

Bijoux0021
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:10 PM
It's not so much people are still trying to convince themselves that draws aren't rigged. They know draws are rigged. They are still trying to convince Williams fans. That's all.

frontier
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:30 PM
venus should withdraw from this tournament and work on cutting errors,stop the rot before it becomes a cancer.
wta is trying to bring them down,they are not happy with serena's success.
i hope serena wins and be seeded no 6 at the french open.

Derek.
Apr 7th, 2007, 09:53 PM

Maybe getting 5 slams and holding the #1 ranking like Hingis will be hard, but of your other favorites in your signature, I can definitely see her having a better career than all of them. :)

I think you highly underestimate her.

Well, actually I think you don't know much about her at all.

Sometimes I swear you are still bitter over Charleston 2005. :(

starin
Apr 7th, 2007, 11:08 PM

Miami 2005
Wimnledon 2005
USO 2005
Miami 2007
Charleston 2007

wow I hadn't realized how often they run into each so early in a tournament. All those times were before the QF. I just dont' understand why they would want to rig the draws so the WS meet early. Wouldn't they want two of its stars to meet later in the draw?

Natash.
Apr 7th, 2007, 11:13 PM
Come on Ashley! :) Good luck against Granville!

PLP
Apr 7th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Both Shahar and Nikki rock, some of the reply's to this thread are :rolleyes:

new-york
Apr 7th, 2007, 11:22 PM
hope we got a Ana vs Nicole QF.

-Sonic-
Apr 7th, 2007, 11:24 PM
You people are such retards.

The draws are not rigged. Get over it. You'll think anything to satisfy your own 'victim' mentality. The whole world ISN'T against you and your favourite tennis players. Take your meds and fuck off back to the crazy house.

mashamaniac
Apr 7th, 2007, 11:24 PM
hope ana will win this title at last...

Rod the Bama
Apr 7th, 2007, 11:35 PM
I really like Nicole`s chances at winning the title.

starin
Apr 7th, 2007, 11:36 PM
You people are such retards.

The draws are not rigged. Get over it. You'll think anything to satisfy your own 'victim' mentality. The whole world ISN'T against you and your favourite tennis players. Take your meds and fuck off back to the crazy house.

wow u're really an arse aren't you?

-Sonic-
Apr 7th, 2007, 11:39 PM
wow u're really an arse aren't you?

The tournament directors are the arses, actually making your favs play matches to win tournaments, i would have thought they would just give them 6 byes and a trophy.... looks like the other players are certainly trying to do that by withdrawing like its going out of fashion.

starin
Apr 7th, 2007, 11:46 PM
The tournament directors are the arses, actually making your favs play matches to win tournaments, i would have thought they would just give them 6 byes and a trophy.... looks like the other players are certainly trying to do that by withdrawing like its going out of fashion.

damn.......u're right its unbelievable that my fav players would actually have to beat someone to win a tournament. I never thought about that. Usually I don't actualy want to watch my fav. players play a match. I just want to watch them wave. Next time I will just defer to your bountiful wisdom.

Vaidisova
Apr 7th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Patty Schnyder participates in the drawing of the 2007 Family Circle Cup at the Family Circle Cup & Tennis Center, Charleston, South Carolina, April 7, 2007.

http://i16.tinypic.com/4cbeslh.jpg
http://i14.tinypic.com/348592b.jpg
http://i19.tinypic.com/2uh8ll5.jpg
http://i19.tinypic.com/2pt6s21.jpg

TomTennis
Apr 8th, 2007, 12:28 AM
Patty Schnyder participates in the drawing of the 2007 Family Circle Cup at the Family Circle Cup & Tennis Center, Charleston, South Carolina, April 7, 2007.

http://i16.tinypic.com/4cbeslh.jpg
http://i14.tinypic.com/348592b.jpg
http://i19.tinypic.com/2pt6s21.jpg

I bet she was looking when she picked Venus/Serena, getting her own back on Venus after their match last week :lol:

nhissan
Apr 8th, 2007, 01:23 AM
Venus should withdraw, I don't think another early loss gonna help her
and I don't think Serena will enjoy playing Venus since she's struggling with her game

Cat's Pajamas
Apr 8th, 2007, 01:27 AM
So Patty is the culprit! :devil: :lol: :fiery:

Venus should withdraw, I don't think another early loss gonna help her
and I don't think Serena will enjoy playing Venus since she's struggling with her game

:weirdo: :weirdo:

The only thing that will help Venus is more matches. She's not one to chicken out. :rolleyes:

iPatty
Apr 8th, 2007, 01:30 AM
nice one, patty.

you just decided to give yourself peng/golovin/safina in succession.

please just get to the 3R and take out tati like you should have in antwerp.

Nicolás89
Apr 8th, 2007, 01:34 AM

something that everyone of your favs hasnt

Nicolás89
Apr 8th, 2007, 01:35 AM
It's obviously the WTA has been sending a very strong message to the sisters the last few years....It's either they play more and get their rankings up or face each other early in tournaments and Slams. It's interesting that when Venus and Serena were ranked #1 and #2 and couldn't face each other before the finals, there were many people complaining about that as well.

It seems like until they are ranked #1 and #2 again, the organizers are not going to put them in separate halfs of draws. :sad:

im sure the williamses will learn the lesson :yeah:

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 8th, 2007, 01:37 AM

Fuckin' Patty :smash::o

esquímaux
Apr 8th, 2007, 03:06 AM
:o

medusamedulla
Apr 8th, 2007, 03:39 AM
damn.......u're right its unbelievable that my fav players would actually have to beat someone to win a tournament. I never thought about that. Usually I don't actualy want to watch my fav. players play a match. I just want to watch them wave. Next time I will just defer to your bountiful wisdom.

Diva Vee's pirouette wave! :hearts: My fave part of her game! :kiss:

medusamedulla
Apr 8th, 2007, 03:40 AM

Naughty Patty! :devil:

nhissan
Apr 8th, 2007, 03:48 AM

:weirdo: :weirdo:

The only thing that will help Venus is more matches. She's not one to chicken out. :rolleyes:

we'll see ;)

medusamedulla
Apr 8th, 2007, 03:50 AM
wow, how coincidental that out of all the spots in a huge draw, Serena and Venus are bunched together once again. and people are still trying to convince themselves that draws aren't rigged:lol:

It's not so much people are still trying to convince themselves that draws aren't rigged. They know draws are rigged. They are still trying to convince Williams fans. That's all.

:haha: You can join Damir Dokic over in that corner, thank you. :kiss:

-VSR-
Apr 8th, 2007, 04:19 AM

Patty: (thinking) Yes! Serena and Venus in the same section and the opposite half of myself.

TSequoia01
Apr 8th, 2007, 08:41 AM

Miami 2005
Wimnledon 2005
USO 2005
Miami 2007
Charleston 2007

I would not place it out of the laws of probability. But whether it is or not the sisters had to know if their rankings were unbalanced it could happen. Knowing this they let their rankings get unbalanced and chose to play the same tournaments. Now they must simply deal with it.

Beny
Apr 8th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Where`s Hingis???? When did she actually withdraw and why?

LefandePatty
Apr 8th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Nice shot for Patty to take the title ! :bowdown:

rrfnpump
Apr 8th, 2007, 11:40 AM

Shahar has beaten Nicole three times in juniors. And neither of these wins came on clay. :)

Slutiana
Apr 8th, 2007, 11:44 AM
not if golovin can has anything to do with it lol

tennisfan2480
Apr 8th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Can someone do one of these for the top players (potential match-ups) ....

ex: Vaidisova vs. 2rd
vs.3rd
4th
QF
SF
F

Jankovic vs. 2rd
3rd
4th
QF
SF
F, etc. thanks!

iPatty
Apr 8th, 2007, 12:39 PM
not if golovin can has anything to do with it lol

not too worried about golovin. :tape:

if the umpire could see, she would have wiped the floor with her in antwerp.

Monica_Rules
Apr 8th, 2007, 12:46 PM
How weak has the draw turned out to be.

Its gotta be Serenas to win or loose now.

Hopefully one of the new generation can make a big breakthrough here.

Adaora
Apr 8th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Serena gets to play only one match on clay before meeting Venus...I really see Venus winning this if it happens.

Geertvg
Apr 8th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Tati, if she plays, and I hope she does, is one to watch. Serena doesn't have it in the pocket yet... Patty on Tati's way? She'll kick her butt in 2 short sets this time :p

I hope ;)

AcesHigh
Apr 9th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Poor Venus. She might go out first round... but if she does find a way to win.. she better get some serious practice in teh first 2 rounds if she wants to even take a set from Serena.

Looking forward to Serena/Jankovic & Tati/Nikki semi's :D

Love-seles
Apr 9th, 2007, 12:58 AM
Jankovic better show some heart if she faces Serena. god she was pathetic in the AO match.
Peer gave Serena the toughest match of anybody.
and Peer is no slouch on clay.

youkoulélé
Apr 9th, 2007, 01:09 AM

Is it a joke?

Poor Patty i reallly appreciate her but this year i just... don't understand her !

:devil: Tati please play in this tournament :devil: