PDA

View Full Version : Vesnina to replace Sharapova in Russian Fed Cup team vs Spain

AnnaK_4ever
Apr 5th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Tarpischev announced that today.

jazar
Apr 5th, 2007, 01:36 PM
bit strange, but shouldnt affect the outcome

frenchie
Apr 5th, 2007, 01:42 PM
so the team is Petrova, Kuznetsova, Zvonareva and Vesnina!!:eek:

where are Chakvetadze, Safina, Poutchkova, Kirilenko, Bardina, Likhovtseva:confused: :confused:

Anyway Petrova, Kuznetsova and even Zvonareva will do their job in singles:rolleyes:

Farina Elia Fan
Apr 5th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Vesina :eek:

suppose she is playing doubles with Likhovtseva and need her to be able to play Olympics next season with Elena

AnnaK_4ever
Apr 5th, 2007, 01:48 PM
so the team is Petrova, Kuznetsova, Zvonareva and Vesnina!!:eek:

where are Chakvetadze, Safina, Poutchkova, Kirilenko, Bardina, Likhovtseva:confused: :confused:

Anyway Petrova, Kuznetsova and even Zvonareva will do their job in singles:rolleyes:

The team:
Kuznetsova, Petrova, Chakvetadze, Vesnina ;)

AnnaK_4ever
Apr 5th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Vesina :eek:

suppose she is playing doubles with Likhovtseva and need her to be able to play Olympics next season with Elena

She's playing doubles with Chakvetadze, not Likhovtseva.

frenchie
Apr 5th, 2007, 01:51 PM
The team:
Kuznetsova, Petrova, Chakvetadze, Vesnina ;)

OK;)

sounds good to me! I think he should have called Zvonareva who is a very good doubles player instead of Vesnina.

But I think this is a strategy for the 2008 Olympics

Farina Elia Fan
Apr 5th, 2007, 01:54 PM

All season she has played with Elena - thats what I mean to qualify her for the olympics next season :)

AnnaK_4ever
Apr 5th, 2007, 02:12 PM
OK;)

sounds good to me! I think he should have called Zvonareva who is a very good doubles player instead of Vesnina.

But I think this is a strategy for the 2008 Olympics

Tarpischev said Zvonareva caught some virus and couldn't play.

Corswandt
Apr 5th, 2007, 02:33 PM

So the doubles team for this tie will be Chak/Vesnina and not Petrova/Kuznetsova?

AnnaK_4ever
Apr 5th, 2007, 02:39 PM
So the doubles team for this tie will be Chak/Vesnina and not Petrova/Kuznetsova?

Unless doubles macth is the decider I think yes.

davidmario
Apr 5th, 2007, 02:50 PM
I wouldn't let someone play for my country who lost 0-6 0-6 just weeks before against Shuai Peng.

Corswandt
Apr 5th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Unless doubles macth is the decider

Which is extremely unlikely considering Russia is fielding its best claycourters and both Medina and Domínguez Lino have been mediocre or downright sucky as of late, even on clay.

Thanks.

CORIA01
Apr 5th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Masha Could Have Some More Rests!

Tennisation
Apr 5th, 2007, 04:31 PM
somehow, I read the thread title as "Venus to replace Sharapova in Russion Fed Cup team:tape:

radwanska
Apr 5th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Tarpishev is such a clever guy,he knows who is going to handle pressure and perform.Member he put Safina in with Dementieva in the Fed Cup Final,the nailbitting rubber,Safina showed ALOT of determination and heart.Vesnina may be another up and coming top 10 player,this russian coach is rarely proved wrong......

.Andrew.
Apr 5th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Vesnina? :tape: :help:

AnnaK_4ever
Apr 5th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Tarpishev is such a clever guy,he knows who is going to handle pressure and perform.Member he put Safina in with Dementieva in the Fed Cup Final,the nailbitting rubber,Safina showed ALOT of determination and heart.
He had no choice back then. Myskina was completely down and 4th player was Dushevina. Dementieva-Safina was the only possible combination.

Vesnina may be another up and coming top 10 player,this russian coach is rarely proved wrong......

:lol: :tape: :help:

pierce0415
Apr 5th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Shamil is a smart coach
he is rotating around the Fed Cup players so there will be alot of players eligable to play in the Beijing Olympics

I believe Chakvetadze will be eligable now

Just Do It
Apr 5th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Vesnina is really in bad form lately !!

Natash.
Apr 5th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Please don't get double bageled again Vesnina. :) Good luck!

piercerocks
Apr 5th, 2007, 06:49 PM
aww. she played real good at linz against jankovic but recently has been playing terrible. i hope she does good

Mina Vagante
Apr 5th, 2007, 07:00 PM
:eek:

sundoulos
Apr 5th, 2007, 07:20 PM
somehow, I read the thread title as "Venus to replace Sharapova in Russion Fed Cup team:tape:

:haha: Venus said she felt at home in Africa, not Russia. :lol:

goldenlox
Apr 5th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Vesnina is in terrible form. Last year he played Kirilenko over Safina in a huge match, so I thought he would pick Kirilenko.

Uranus
Apr 5th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Vesnina is in the biggest slump of her career.
I don't think Tarpishev will make her play.

goldenlox
Apr 5th, 2007, 08:58 PM
I would have asked someone who's never played Fed Cup, like Olga or Yari.