PDA

View Full Version : LACOSTE fashion show to kick off Family Circle Cup in style

tennisIlove09
Apr 5th, 2007, 02:42 AM
LACOSTE fashion show to kick off Family Circle Cup in styleTo kickoff the 2007 Family Circle Cup in style, LACOSTE will host a spring fashion show in downtown Charleston from 6:00 – 6:30pm on Monday, April 9th. LACOSTE, the official apparel sponsor of the Family Circle Cup, is one of the world’s most well known brands with over 900 LACOSTE boutiques worldwide including a boutique in Charleston. The fashion show will take place directly in front of the Charleston LACOSTE boutique at 248 King Street. This event, emceed by television host, commentator, and former ATP Tour player Murphy Jensen, is free to the public, and will feature the latest LACOSTE fashions for men, women, and children. An exciting live tennis demonstration will be held on King Street prior to the LACOSTE Fashion Show. LACOSTE is returning for the second consecutive year as a Premier sponsor of the Family Circle Cup to be held April 7-15th at the Family Circle Tennis Center in Charleston, South Carolina.

“The Family Circle Cup is proud to continue its partnership with LACOSTE, a brand that exemplifies the quality and tradition of professional tennis throughout its rich history,” said Robin Reynolds, Family Circle Cup Tournament Director. “The LACOSTE Fashion Show is an exhilarating event that will showcase the height of fashion, as well as several top players competing at the Family Circle Cup, while reflecting the style and excitement of tennis today.”

The excitement around this event will begin with a special pre-party for the public at the King Street Grille, an upscale sports bar located less than two blocks from the LACOSE Fashion Show at 304 King Street, from 3:30pm – 5:30pm. Fans of all ages can enjoy the fun while Citadel Broadcasting’s 95SX hosts a live radio remote on-site. Unique Family Circle Cup and LACOSTE merchandise will be given out to those in attendance, as well as Family Circle Cup tickets, and a variety of specialty drinks will be featured for this special event.

The LACOSTE Fashion Show models, recruited locally, will walk the runway in the newest LACOSTE spring fashions. Joseph P. Riley, Mayor of the City of Charleston, will be on hand for the occasion to help kickoff the fashion show. In addition to his duties as emcee, the Tennis Channel’s “Open Access” host and former ATP Tour star, Murphy Jensen will lead a tennis exhibition with several Sony Ericsson WTA Tour players on King Street in the heart of the downtown shopping district prior to the LACOSTE Fashion Show. King Street will be closed to vehicular traffic on Monday April 9th from 1:00pm - 9:00pm.

“LACOSTE is a brand known for its rich heritage and fresh fashions, and it’s only natural to partner with the City of Charleston and The Family Circle Cup for such a special event. We are thrilled that we can be a part of making history as King Street comes alive with exciting tennis and fashion,” said Robert Siegel, Chairman of LACOSTE USA.

Drake1980
Apr 5th, 2007, 03:42 AM
Lacoste and Tennis= The perfect combination:hearts:

Vincey!
Apr 5th, 2007, 03:44 AM
Lacoste and Tennis= The perfect combination:hearts:

Agree :worship: :hearts:

cellophane
Apr 5th, 2007, 03:47 AM
I can't say I've liked their outfits for Golovin lately.

.Andrew.
Apr 5th, 2007, 03:55 AM
I love Lacoste.. I love their polos... They really give Roddick and Gasquet good style... Tati looks good in it too! :hearts:

CORIA01
Apr 5th, 2007, 08:47 AM
I Do Not Like Lacoste Cos It Is Too Posh!!!

lecciones
Apr 5th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Lacoste is cool love their new collection! :P The greyish techno and blue polos :) they feel so comfortable and stylish, but they are very expensive LOL

Nicolas
Apr 5th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Need Pics.....

Mark Spruce
Apr 5th, 2007, 02:22 PM
i love Lacoste and their TV adverts

rockstar
Apr 5th, 2007, 03:12 PM
lacoste :cool:

Hikari
Apr 5th, 2007, 03:13 PM
any photos?

orfeus
Apr 5th, 2007, 03:25 PM
I can't say I've liked their outfits for Golovin lately.

Well the problem is that those were the old ones actually...

Sam L
Apr 5th, 2007, 03:26 PM
I love Lacoste. :)

PatrickRyan
Apr 5th, 2007, 03:27 PM
I love LACOSTE!!! :hearts:

Tennisation
Apr 5th, 2007, 03:30 PM
maybe Venus will surprise us and show up at Charleston with new Lacoste clothes:hearts:

Craigy
Apr 5th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Oh, maybe Tati will be changing her outfit then! :D

rockwithme
Apr 5th, 2007, 05:32 PM
yeh lacoste is ok but those tati outfits are getting played out!

lynnlovestennis
Apr 5th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Too bad it's such a pita to get Lacoste tennis gear in the US. I have a Lacoste boutique like 5 minutes from my house and they don't carry it and the manager said it's hard for them to stock it. I even went so far as to email Lacoste corporate in France to see if I could buy tennis gear on the net since there's so little of it, and they replied simply 'no'.

Lots of guys want to buy the shirts Roddick and Gasquet wear...so it seems ridick. Honestly, I just wanted to buy a freakin' plaid baseball hat!

Pureracket
Apr 5th, 2007, 05:50 PM
I wonder if Aneres will feature a few pieces in that fashion. You know....to give the show some credibility from a real designer.

lynnlovestennis
Apr 5th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Totally bizarre wrt my earlier b'fest... I just this very second got this email from Lacoste:

In regards to your message I am happy to s ay that the women’s tennis line is currently in our boutique in Georgetown. The name of our tennis wear collection is the vintage collection. I’m sorry if no one informed you of its arrival but the vintage collection comes in periodically and as op APRIL 1St we have several exciting pieces from our new track jacket to our matching sleeveless goodie with matching sweat capris. If you have any more questions please visit us in our store at 3146 M St nw Washington D.C. 20007 or call us at 202 965 1893.

Bad for english, good for me. Horray Lacoste, you're back in my good graces!

I wonder why the store mgr didn't tell me this though?