PDA

View Full Version : who' s in a bigger slump maria or hingis

marlon
Apr 4th, 2007, 11:45 PM
who will wake up first

Tennisation
Apr 4th, 2007, 11:48 PM
I think Hingis will take that OZ Open final over her Tokyo win anyday;)

PLP
Apr 4th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Probably Masha. Martina has a title already this year and Maria has fallen a little further than Martina IMO. Also she started the year at #1 and is slipping while Martina has moved up 1 place...but they both need to WAKE UP from this nightmare now! Please!!!

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 4th, 2007, 11:58 PM
Stevenson :p

pooh14
Apr 4th, 2007, 11:58 PM
i would definitely say maria.
i mean, for a person rank like maria, it is not normal to go without titles or at least reach semis for every tournament.

hingis at #6, i guess, is still not bad yet :p

Volcana
Apr 4th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Sharapova. You could argue Hingis isn't even in a slump.

Sefo
Apr 5th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Masha is injured. Martina isn't, so she has no excuse. It's all in her head AFAIK.

Russianboy
Apr 5th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Masha is injured ;)

cellophane
Apr 5th, 2007, 12:02 AM
Hingis has been slumping for a long time now. :tape: And, yes, I know that she won Tokyo.

selesbooz
Apr 5th, 2007, 12:05 AM
Dementieva, Clijsters, Petrova and pretty much Kuznetsova.

Tennisation
Apr 5th, 2007, 12:21 AM
Dementieva, Clijsters, Petrova and pretty much Kuznetsova.Clijsters' slumping on purpose cuz the girl's tryin to get a lump;)

cellophane
Apr 5th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Dementieva, Clijsters, Petrova and pretty much Kuznetsova.

:confused:

Serena!
Apr 5th, 2007, 12:30 AM
sharapova

Nicolás89
Apr 5th, 2007, 12:33 AM
both are underachievering a bit, i dont see it as a slump for either girl (not yet)

MatchpointPRT
Apr 5th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Martina has been slumping? she is number 2 in the race. She´s doing well, she disapointed in some tournaments but she also did well in others...

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 5th, 2007, 12:44 AM
Martina is #2 cause of the final in the 1st tournament, quarters at the AO, and winning tokyo....hasn't done anything since then....MaSha has the finals at the AO, semis at tokyo and nothing else....so don't look at the race....I'd say Maria cause everyone just expects her to blow by her opponents....

Poova
Apr 5th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Martina is #3 in the race because she's played alot more this year than other people have and she's got to the quarterfinals or better in most of those tournaments (except Indian Wells and Miami...)

Sharapova is injured anyway as someone already said :o

RJWCapriati
Apr 5th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Hingis

MatchpointPRT
Apr 5th, 2007, 01:04 AM
Martina is #2 cause of the final in the 1st tournament, quarters at the AO, and winning tokyo....hasn't done anything since then....MaSha has the finals at the AO, semis at tokyo and nothing else....so don't look at the race....I'd say Maria cause everyone just expects her to blow by her opponents....

You thought i answered to the thread but in fact i just justified why i think Martina isnīt in a slump(using the race and her results).
But my answer to this thread and not based on the race is that Maria is in a bigger slump. She was number one recently, Martina started the year as number 7, so i think Maria is supposed to do better in every tournament she plays which was not the case. For a player ranked in 6, 7 Martina is doing enough.

MatchpointPRT
Apr 5th, 2007, 01:15 AM
Martina is #3 in the race because she's played alot more this year than other people have and she's got to the quarterfinals or better in most of those tournaments (except Indian Wells and Miami...)

Sharapova is injured anyway as someone already said :o

Martina played more tnts because she wanted, i think the other players are allowed to do the same, or not? If they donīt do that because they donīt want, definitly they(or the fans) donīt have the right to take out credit of those players who play more.
Sharapova is injured, now she said she is injured and that she will stop some weeks but in Indian wells she said she was feeling very well, and she lost to Vera... and she didnīt talk about being injured in the tournaments...

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 5th, 2007, 01:25 AM
I agree.....MaSha kept saying she felt fine....if she was ever so injured wouldn't she have not played Miami?? and it's due to this that I say she is the one in a slump

spartanfan
Apr 5th, 2007, 02:20 AM
Sharapova. You could argue Hingis isn't even in a slump.

:haha:. That's so funny, because its so true. Hingis has been playing up to her true current talent and abilities. In some instances even over shot it a bit.:lol:

slydevil6142
Apr 5th, 2007, 04:01 AM
I really dont think either player is in a slump ... Hingis has been playing this way since her comeback so I dont expect much more (I do feel she will have a great clay court season this year though)... and maria well unfortuntly for her Serena came back to play.

MH0861
Apr 5th, 2007, 04:02 AM
Hingis. :( Atleast Maria's been injured. :lol:

SM
Apr 5th, 2007, 10:47 AM
martina will snap out of it quickly, as she doesnt really have any technical problems in her technique or movement...its just a matter of getting a bit more confidence and focusing better in her matches (not having those lapses)

whereas marias slump is both confidence (demoralizing losses!!!) and her technique serve and more..much tougher to get it all back

Hashim.
Apr 5th, 2007, 11:25 AM
maria..

lindsayno1
Apr 5th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Maria.... i dont buy the whole injury thing. She said she was fine before - its now that shes doing poo that shes blaming it on injury....

bandabou
Apr 5th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Martina in a sense..is just where everybody expected her. Players have gotten used to her game and now the results are the same as before her hiatus.

Maria's different. After the u.s. open everybody kinda expected her to take off and dominate the tour. Enter Serena and man, nobody saw that Oz final coming...has been downhill since then.

Tennisaddict
Apr 5th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Incomparable

lecciones
Apr 5th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Martina Hingis has been able to do better or at least equal her results in most tournaments she entered this year. I don't know if the same can be said about Maria? Although they both have some problems now - with martina not able to close her matches again Sharapova having a shoulder problem.

lindsayno1
Apr 5th, 2007, 01:48 PM
im sure with clay and grass coming up soon, both will sort themselves out.

jacobruiz
Apr 5th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Maria has a shoulder injury. How long it will take to heal or whether it will require surgery to repair is not really known at the moment. Maria is suggesting 6 weeks, however.

Martian Jeza
Apr 5th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Both are underachieving big time, especialy Martina ! I know she was sick at Miami but yet losing against Radawanska + 2ice in a row against Hantuchova :help: At least we know why Masha played so bad the last weeks : she has a shoulder injury and I think she has recurent problems at the shoulder/pectoral side...

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 5th, 2007, 01:59 PM
yes but they both have to have confidence....MaSha won't be piling up confidence on the clay....she's always had confidence cause she could ignore the clay since she did well on the hard courts before...but she hasn't been....so the clay should bring more confidence to Hingis than MaSha...

mc8114
Apr 5th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Both :tape:

Maria is more likely to wake up first :unsure:

CORIA01
Apr 5th, 2007, 03:07 PM
None Ofthem Are Slumping!

Veritas
Apr 5th, 2007, 03:27 PM
I'm curious to know what's the time length for a player to be classified as being in a "slump"? It's only 4 months into the year; too early to judge a players form, IMO.

bmxbandit
Apr 5th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Maria is injured? I missed this. Can someone shed more info about this injury?

Doc
Apr 5th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Maria is not "slumping". She is carrying a shoulder injury.

Big difference.