PDA

View Full Version : Amazing fact about Venus

liuxuan
Apr 4th, 2007, 08:12 PM
i was just looking back at some stufff and i noticed that between autumn/fall of 1999 and summer of 2002 Venus actually won 17/18 finals. isnt that an amazing fact???

she really had something about her back then that, although sometimes she was venerable in the early rounds if she was having an off day, if she was making it to the finals, she was was pretty much unbeatable!

the only final she lost was the 2000 Linz final against Lindsay when she was already exhausted from such a long winning streak since Wimbledon.

I would love it if Venus could get back to that sort of toughness this year, I have a feeling she might. At the moment shes on a 3 final winning streak anyways :drool:

Go Venus, Queen of the Courts, take home Amelia Island and get back to the top! :bounce: :worship:

Abe NL
Apr 4th, 2007, 08:15 PM
It would be good for the sport if Venus returns to the upper echelon but I'm not so sure her wrist will hold up...

Direwolf
Apr 4th, 2007, 08:20 PM
now...
that was some dominance..!!!

tennisIlove09
Apr 4th, 2007, 08:25 PM
And actually in those years, half the events she entered, she won.

In 2000, she played 10 events and won 6.
In 2001, she played 11 events and won 6.

BrandClay
Apr 4th, 2007, 08:26 PM
I think Venus is going to come back strong...nothing should be holding her back anymore like past years.

.Andrew.
Apr 4th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Venus :hearts: :bounce: Let's get it going in Amelia Island! :bounce: :yeah:

tonythetiger
Apr 4th, 2007, 08:30 PM
I remember those days. Back then I expected Venus to win every time she stepped on the court. I took those days for granted. In the words of Stevie Wonder, "I wish those days would come back once more..."