PDA

View Full Version : Amelia Island - Who will win : Nathalie Dechy vs Eleni Daniilidou

serena_fan
Apr 4th, 2007, 01:43 PM
:confused:

serena_fan
Apr 4th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Dechy in 2 easy sets

stefi62
Apr 4th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Eleni in 2 sets :D

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 4th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Daniilidou is a great player on anything but clay. On clay, prior to beating Bartoli, Eleni had not beaten a top 80 player on clay for 2 years. As for the win over Bartoli I'm pretty sure that had alot more to do with Marion's very poor form than Eleni playing a blinder. Dechy isn't what she used to be but she's consistant and reasonable on clay and should win this match.

sundoulos
Apr 4th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Daniilidou is a great player on anything but clay. On clay, prior to beating Bartoli, Eleni had not beaten a top 80 player on clay for 2 years. As for the win over Bartoli I'm pretty sure that had alot more to do with Marion's very poor form than Eleni playing a blinder. Dechy isn't what she used to be but she's consistant and reasonable on clay and should win this match.

Sounds reasonable to me. I'll go with Dechy too. :)

ioni
Apr 4th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Nathalie ,hopefully :D

FrenchY52
Apr 4th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Go Eleni !

Mark Spruce
Apr 4th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Dechy in 2

-sugi-
Apr 4th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Nathalie, she has been playing well lately.

stefi62
Apr 4th, 2007, 03:03 PM

Well, Dechy on clay is no that consistant IMO! Remember last year RG or FedCup matches... :tape:

KV
Apr 4th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Eleni in 3.

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 4th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Well, Dechy on clay is no that consistant IMO! Remember last year RG or FedCup matches... :tape:

Yes? Dechy made the 3rd round at RG last year. Which is no better or worse than one would expect. She lost 3 of 4 clay Fed Cup matches true but she lost them to players who are better than she is on clay, Shiavone, Pennetta and Vaidisova. No suprises. I never suggested she is great on clay but she does tend to beat the players that she should beat.

ronim1
Apr 4th, 2007, 03:14 PM
This could go either way.
Eleni in 3

selyoink
Apr 4th, 2007, 03:15 PM
I think this one is a complete tossup. I say Daniilidou in two sets.