PDA

View Full Version : Amelia Island-Who will win : Who will win : Alona Bondarenko vs Yaroslava Shvedova

serena_fan
Apr 4th, 2007, 01:39 PM
:confused:

serena_fan
Apr 4th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Alona in 2

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 4th, 2007, 02:03 PM
This is a tricky one to predict. Yari has been playing so well and there is no doubt in my mind she can be one of the best players in the world on grass, hard and indoors surfaces. I knew that when I saw her at Wimbledon last year and the results of the last couple of months only confirm this.

I have up till now been less sure of how well she would do on clay although the more I think about it, the attributes of great speed, mental toughness, and ability to focus on every point, are all very useful qualities to have when playing on clay. And clearly Yari is getting better at extraordinarily fast rate.

Alona had an amazing tournament in Luxembourg but hasn't done alot since. She didn't play especially well on clay last year either. But then neither did Yari.

I think Yari will probably win this match. A win will further enhance her growing reputation and show that she can continue on clay what she started on hard. But a loss wouldn't be a disaster either. Bondarenko is a top 40 player and has alot more experience on clay than Yari. It will be an intriguing match for sure.

-Makiri-
Apr 4th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Shvedova in 3