PDA

View Full Version : Bad news for the rest of the WTA Tour: Venus Williams is feeling good again.

Dasha_
Apr 4th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Venus dominates in Amelia opener
Williams routs Rezai to advance to the second round of the Bausch & Lomb Championships.

Bad news for the rest of the WTA Tour: Venus Williams is feeling good again.

The five-time Grand Slam winner underscored that Tuesday night by barely breaking a sweat in a 6-1, 6-2 opening victory over Aravane Rezai of France at the Bausch & Lomb Championships.

Last year's injury-marred nightmare - Williams failed to finish in the top 15 for the first time in nine years - suddenly is seeming like a long time ago.

"Tonight was the most comfortable I've felt on the court out of all the matches I've played this year, so it's very exciting," Williams said after needing just an hour to dispatch Rezai at Amelia Island Plantation.

Playing in just her third event of the season, Williams showed no ill effects from the wrist and elbow injuries that beset her last year and left her without a tournament victory for the first time since 1997.

Williams pounced on Rezai early, winning the first four games and recording three aces in the first set alone. Rezai, a 20-year-old in her first career match against Williams, was so overmatched that she never mustered a break-point chance against Williams' serve.

Williams lost just 12 points on 45 serves overall, a testament to her dominance. She also frustrated Rezai by using her long arms to repeatedly return what would have been winning shots.

"She's a player you have to watch because she can hit hard and put you off-balance, but I felt like I really counteracted that," Williams said of Rezai, who fell to 1-8 in singles this season.

Williams also is feeling confident because Amelia Island is played on clay, where she excels.

"I'm coming into form at the right time, what with it being clay-court season," she said. "Clay kept me in the top 50 last year [she finished 48th]."

The easy victory Tuesday before a near-capacity crowd under the lights sent Williams to Stadium Court again tonight for a match with frequent opponent Patty Schnyder of Switzerland.

The mere mention of Schnyder's name prompted a big smile from the unseeded Williams, and one look at her series record with the No. 4 seed explained why.

Williams is 8-0 all-time against Schnyder, including clay-court wins last year at Rome and the French Open.

"We've had a lot of close matches, matches where she's been one point away from beating me, but I've managed to save it," Williams said. "I enjoy playing against her and her game, but I'll be aggressive. I like my matchup with her."

No wonder Schnyder, who had a first-round bye, openly dreaded the prospect of starting this year's tournament with this particular Williams sister.

"You don't want to have her, definitely not in your first [match]," Schnyder said. "That's really rough. I just want to be happy with my game, and if it's good enough to beat Venus, great. I have no idea how to beat her, otherwise I would maybe have achieved it earlier in my career."

DOUBLEFIST
Apr 4th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Gotta love Patty's candor.

I'm still concerned about the match. Patty's good on clay and Vee's just getting herself together and consistancy has been a problem.

PLP
Apr 4th, 2007, 08:56 AM
"You don't want to have her, definitely not in your first [match]," Schnyder said. "That's really rough. I just want to be happy with my game, and if it's good enough to beat Venus, great. I have no idea how to beat her, otherwise I would maybe have achieved it earlier in my career."

Oh Patty!!! :sad:
So close! I almost want you to beat Venus tomorrow...almost. ;)

Seriously though, I hate that this is a 2nd rd, I love Patty , but I can't root against Vee, Come on Venus!!!
Venus she looks really great, and, yeah, it could definitely be bad news for the rest of the tour...maybe even Rena.

Dasha_
Apr 4th, 2007, 09:00 AM
[I]
Venus she looks really great, and, yeah, it could definitely be bad news for the rest of the tour...[B]maybe even Rena.

No.... This will be the year of Serena Williams... again...
But, the rest should fear

PLP
Apr 4th, 2007, 09:16 AM
No.... This will be the year of Serena Williams... again...
But, the rest should fear

:lol:

I know. Still, if anyone is going to beat Serena when she is playing really well, it will be her older sister IMHO.

Dasha_
Apr 4th, 2007, 09:31 AM

I know. Still, if anyone is going to beat Serena when she is playing really well, it will be her older sister IMHO.

I agree with if anyone ;)

John.
Apr 4th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Patty doesn't exactly ooze confidence does she.

If she goes on court with that attitude, she stands no chance.

Ben.
Apr 4th, 2007, 09:56 AM
well patty hasn't been playing that well of late & when she looked at the draw & spoted Venus as a 2nd round opponent, well she decided to have a pessimistic attitude towards the match.

Tennisaddict
Apr 4th, 2007, 10:26 AM
The mere mention of Schnyder's name prompted a big smile from the unseeded Williams, and one look at her series record with the No. 4 seed explained why.

Williams is 8-0 all-time against Schnyder, including clay-court wins last year at Rome and the French Open.

MyskinaManiac
Apr 4th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Feeling good and playing are two different things. I can't wait till runs into a Petrova or an Henin on clay... prove the naysayers that Venus needs to do more than win tier III's as a comeback. On clay she wont make a mega impact (she'll win matches - don't get me wrong), her gound is grass and hardcourt... start jumping to conclusions then.

paranr
Apr 4th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Feeling good and playing are two different things. I can't wait till runs into a Petrova or an Henin on clay... prove the naysayers that Venus needs to do more than win tier III's as a comeback. On clay she wont make a mega impact (she'll win matches - don't get me wrong), her gound is grass and hardcourt... start jumping to conclusions then.

Agree!

by the way : I like your avatar, Myskina looks so mad in that pic.

Tennisaddict
Apr 4th, 2007, 10:33 AM

Venus is very good claycourter. People tend to forget that because she´s even better on grass and hardcourt but you can easily list her in the top 5 of current claycourters.

No need to jump to conclusions her results speak for itself.

paranr
Apr 4th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Venus is very good claycourter. People tend to forget that because she´s even better on grass and hardcourt but you can easily list her in the top 5 of current claycourters.

top 5 , I don't think so . here is 5 that have done much better than her on clay:

Henin, Petrova, Hingis, clijsters(though she'll only play Warsaw) , Kuznetsova. :rolleyes:

Tennisaddict
Apr 4th, 2007, 10:44 AM
top 5 , I don't think so . here is 5 that have done much better than her on clay:

Henin, Petrova, Hingis, clijsters(though she'll only play Warsaw) , Kuznetsova. :rolleyes:

Venus has more clay court titles than Petrova, Clijsters and Kuznetsova and has made the RG final once something Petrova hasn´t done. So yes she sure is in the top 5. Check your facts because right now you´re just making stuff up because you can´t stand Venus :rolleyes: Pathetic really.

paranr
Apr 4th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Venus has more clay court titles than Petrova, Clijsters and Kuznetsova and has made the RG final once something Petrova hasn´t done. So yes she sure is in the top 5. Check your facts because right now you´re just making stuff up because you can´t stand Venus :rolleyes: Pathetic really.

2 SF-s, Charlestom and Rome(or Berlin, I don't remeber)> 1 RG final!:rolleyes:

MyskinaManiac
Apr 4th, 2007, 10:50 AM

;)
Yes she's won a couple of tier one clay tournaments... yes she's gotten to the final of RG, but I can think of at least 6 players that could beat her on current form... so in my opinion she's going to find it tough getting to the Quarter finals at RG or even getting past that stage. I mean, I wouldn't right her off, coz I have a soft-spot for her on clay - ever since nastya thumped her in straights sets at RG 04 and again a year later in fed cup on clay. But she's not a talented clay courter - Petrova, Henin, Sveta, Amelie, Kimmie, Jelena Jankovic or even Martina (with a lil rest) could top her. And if you think about it, going into RG these players will be stacked up against her. She's has a better chance of winning on the green clay though - and might even, but on the red... probably out of her realm unless she hits peak form.

hectopascal
Apr 4th, 2007, 11:04 AM
I remember how she jinxed herself with her serve in Miami..... lets all touch wood now!

.Andrew.
Apr 4th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Venus :rocker2: Good luck against Patty!

new-york
Apr 4th, 2007, 11:12 AM
not too found of the title at that point but yay.

execute, venus.

Patty. :awww: damn. :hug:

Kunal
Apr 4th, 2007, 11:21 AM
sounds very heartening....those words...feeling comfortable...should be music to venus fans

Tennisaddict
Apr 4th, 2007, 11:30 AM
:lol: at people thinking Venus is bad on clay.

tonythetiger
Apr 4th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Although Venus has dominated the head to head against Patty, she can not afford to underestimate her. I'm sure Patty is really hungry to beat her and may be just playing possum with something up her sleeve. Venus will need to play smart and keep her errors and double faults to a minimum.

Dasha_
Apr 4th, 2007, 11:34 AM
sounds very heartening....those words...feeling comfortable...should be music to venus fans

and it is music....

ChandaRubinFan22
Apr 4th, 2007, 11:35 AM
venus :cool:

Tennisaddict
Apr 4th, 2007, 11:35 AM
2 SF-s, Charlestom and Rome(or Berlin, I don't remeber)> 1 RG final!:rolleyes:

Again, check the facts :rolleyes:

She has won Istanbul 2005, Charleston and Warsaw 2004, Amelia Island made the final of RG 2002, Rome 1999 and she´s had a final in Rome, Berlin and Warsaw as well.

So two Tier 1 wins, two Tier 2 wins, a Tier 3 win and a final in the biggest clay tournie and three more finals and you still think she can´t play on clay. :lol: Then you´re just being delusional. But that´s okay because it doesn´t change the facts.
So I don´t know if you just like to look stupid but if you compare her stats to the rest of the field she is as I said before in the top 5 in the top 3 even if I´m not mistaken. She´s ahead of Petrova and Kuznetsova and is behind Henin and Mauresmo only. Like it or not Venus is good claycourt player and it would not surprise me at all if she would win AI for the second time.

Correction, Venus is in the top 4 because Serena has won RG, Berlin, Rome and Charleston once. So Henin is nr. 1, Serena nr 2, Mauresmo nr 3 and Venus is nr 4.

Paneru
Apr 4th, 2007, 11:39 AM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Tennisaddict
Apr 4th, 2007, 11:43 AM
;)
Yes she's won a couple of tier one clay tournaments... yes she's gotten to the final of RG, but I can think of at least 6 players that could beat her on current form... so in my opinion she's going to find it tough getting to the Quarter finals at RG or even getting past that stage. I mean, I wouldn't right her off, coz I have a soft-spot for her on clay - ever since nastya thumped her in straights sets at RG 04 and again a year later in fed cup on clay. But she's not a talented clay courter - Petrova, Henin, Sveta, Amelie, Kimmie, Jelena Jankovic or even Martina (with a lil rest) could top her. And if you think about it, going into RG these players will be stacked up against her. She's has a better chance of winning on the green clay though - and might even, but on the red... probably out of her realm unless she hits peak form.

Of course there are players that can beat Venus on clay. I haven´t said it´s her best surface or anything. But she can definitely play on the dirt. She has beaten players that are good on clay as well to win her titles. She beat Kuznetsova to win Warsaw 2004. She beat Henin to win AI. She has beaten Schnyder many times on the dirt so she can hang with them and beat them.
I don´t know how her current form is, we´´ll know more when she has played Schnyder but her chances to have a good clay court season are looking very good. I just don´t like it when people try to portray Venus as a player that´s only good on grass and hardcourts because she isn´t. You don´t win 5 titles on clay and make lots of finals, semifinals and quarterfinals on clay if you suck on it.

Apoorv
Apr 4th, 2007, 11:55 AM
I dont think its bad news for rest of wta tour. venus needs to win consistantly to prove she is really back. dont jump to fast conclusion about her game by one match, like people did after memphis. see what happened to her at miami. i have nothing against venus but one victory against a player who was 1-7 this year before the match does not prove much. talk about overhyping a match.

TSequoia01
Apr 4th, 2007, 12:15 PM
I dont think its bad news for rest of wta tour. venus needs to win consistantly to prove she is really back. dont jump to fast conclusion about her game by one match, like people did after memphis. see what happened to her at miami. i have nothing against venus but one victory against a player who was 1-7 this year before the match does not prove much. talk about overhyping a match.

True, but Venus has great tennis in her. In that first set she served at 86 percent. Imagine her bombing her opponents at 86 percent. In miami she came out playing well very well however we must not forget if Venus gets tight all that great tennis may disappear. She just needs to get mentally tougher which she will. Lets see if Patty can pressure her.

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 4th, 2007, 12:30 PM
I love it when people write off Venus...just makes victory sweeter when she does win;)

frenchie
Apr 4th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Venus biggest threat in Ai will be Patty IMO

Unfortunately she has to play her in rd2!
But I'm confident she'll win

vutt
Apr 4th, 2007, 01:07 PM
...can easily list her in the top 5 of current claycourters.

top 5 :rolleyes:
...and easily ?!!?

I wonder how high do you rank her on hard and grass then?
top 3, or even 2nd best after Serena?

vwfan
Apr 4th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Clay court career W/L among active players:

According to WTA, only three active players have better than 80% career W/L on clay:

Henin 86%
Hingis 82%
Venus 80%

Of the others with RG final or better

Serena (not available)
Kim (not available)
Kutzie 73%
Mary 69%
Myskina (not available)
Dementieva 65%

Of those with good runs on clay:

Petrova (not available)
Amelie 74%

Not sure why stats for Serena, Kim, Petrova and Myskina not available. However, I feel pretty confident that perhaps only Kim has an overall career court record as good as or better than Venus. And that is also a big maybe. But if others have a source, bring it on!

Tennisaddict
Apr 4th, 2007, 01:27 PM
top 5 :rolleyes:
...and easily ?!!?

I wonder how high do you rank her on hard and grass then?
top 3, or even 2nd best after Serena?

Easily yes.

She´s the nr.1 on grass of the current active players as she´s the only one who has won three Wimbledon titles :drool: and made two finals.

I´m not sure about her fast hard court record besides the slams but on major wins alone she is in the top two and I think she´s second best behind Serena.

With fast hardcourts she´s won two US Opens and made two finals.

vutt
Apr 4th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Easily yes.

She´s the nr.1 on grass of the current active players as she´s the only one who has won three Wimbledon titles :drool: and made two finals.

I´m not sure about her fast hard court record besides the slams but on major wins alone she is in the top two and I think she´s second best behind Serena.

I guess you belive she's playing right now her best or even better tennis right now because article speaks about present.

Tennisaddict
Apr 4th, 2007, 02:21 PM
I guess you belive she's playing right now her best or even better tennis right now because article speaks about present.

I don´t think Venus is playing her best right now how can she when this is just her third tournie of the year? I was answering two posters in this thread who IMO acted as if Venus can´t play well on clay.

My answers to those posters have nothing to do with the article. I do however believe that this tournament is a good opportunity for Venus to play herself into form for the rest of the clay season and hopefully make a big impression at RG.

mykarma
Apr 4th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Venus dominates in Amelia opener
Williams routs Rezai to advance to the second round of the Bausch & Lomb Championships.

Bad news for the rest of the WTA Tour: Venus Williams is feeling good again.

The five-time Grand Slam winner underscored that Tuesday night by barely breaking a sweat in a 6-1, 6-2 opening victory over Aravane Rezai of France at the Bausch & Lomb Championships.

Last year's injury-marred nightmare - Williams failed to finish in the top 15 for the first time in nine years - suddenly is seeming like a long time ago.

"Tonight was the most comfortable I've felt on the court out of all the matches I've played this year, so it's very exciting," Williams said after needing just an hour to dispatch Rezai at Amelia Island Plantation.

Playing in just her third event of the season, Williams showed no ill effects from the wrist and elbow injuries that beset her last year and left her without a tournament victory for the first time since 1997.

Williams pounced on Rezai early, winning the first four games and recording three aces in the first set alone. Rezai, a 20-year-old in her first career match against Williams, was so overmatched that she never mustered a break-point chance against Williams' serve.

Williams lost just 12 points on 45 serves overall, a testament to her dominance. She also frustrated Rezai by using her long arms to repeatedly return what would have been winning shots.

"She's a player you have to watch because she can hit hard and put you off-balance, but I felt like I really counteracted that," Williams said of Rezai, who fell to 1-8 in singles this season.

Williams also is feeling confident because Amelia Island is played on clay, where she excels.

"I'm coming into form at the right time, what with it being clay-court season," she said. "Clay kept me in the top 50 last year [she finished 48th]."

The easy victory Tuesday before a near-capacity crowd under the lights sent Williams to Stadium Court again tonight for a match with frequent opponent Patty Schnyder of Switzerland.

"We've had a lot of close matches, matches where she's been one point away from beating me, but I've managed to save it," Williams said. "I enjoy playing against her and her game, but I'll be aggressive. I like my matchup with her."

No wonder Schnyder, who had a first-round bye, openly dreaded the prospect of starting this year's tournament with this particular Williams sister.

Great response. :lol:

paranr
Apr 4th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Easily yes.

Higis has won 4 hard courts slams and reached at list 4 more finals.

So, grand slam wise- Venus is the 3 best player behind Serena and Hingis. :o

Reuchlin
Apr 4th, 2007, 03:40 PM
In terms of skill, not results, the following players are better than Venus (on clay ;)):

Henin
S.Williams
Petrova
Mauresmo
Kuznetsova
Schiovone
Dementieva
Myskina
Clijsters
Hingis

tennisIlove09
Apr 4th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Wow. Nice words from Vee.
Patty doesnt sound too confident.

And it is bad news for the WTA. When completely healthy, Venus and Serena (and Justine) should be the top 3 players in the world.

tennisIlove09
Apr 4th, 2007, 03:48 PM
In terms of skill, not results, the following players are better than Venus (on clay ;)):

Henin
S.Williams
Petrova
Mauresmo
Kuznetsova
Schiovone
Dementieva
Myskina
Clijsters
Hingis

Petrova? Kuznetsova? Schiavone? Dementieva? Myskina?

I dunno. Kim, Hingis, Mauresmo are all pretty even with Venus. Even Serena on clay is pretty even with Venus.

I think Justine is better than everyone on clay, so she gets the edge. But the others? I dont think so.

trufanjay
Apr 4th, 2007, 03:48 PM

Henin
S.Williams
Petrova
Mauresmo
Kuznetsova
Schiovone
Dementieva
Myskina
Clijsters
Hingis
Venus can beat all of those players on clay except for maybe two. But Muaresmo, Schiavone and Kim? I don't know.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 4th, 2007, 03:58 PM

Oh Patty!!! :sad:
So close! I almost want you to beat Venus tomorrow...almost. ;)

Seriously though, I hate that this is a 2nd rd, I love Patty , but I can't root against Vee, Come on Venus!!!
Venus she looks really great, and, yeah, it could definitely be bad news for the rest of the tour...maybe even Rena.

Thanks for showing your confidence or lack thereof in this match Patty. :rolleyes:
There have been other players on tour who lost to Venus time after time and still believed that they had the ability to beat her.
It's a bit pathetic.

Monica Seles lost to Venus for almost 4 years.
She still had the belief and was able to beat her at the Australian Open in 2002.
If she would have had this attitude she would have never won then.

There are other players who still had belief as well after losing to Venus for years.
Sandrine Testud lost to Venus for 5 years.
Silvia Farina Elia lost to Venus for 8 years straight.

Why are you even on tour if you don't have the belief that you're the best?

I agree that a Venus playing like she is now is bad news for the rest of the tour.
Again Serena definately wasn't joking when she said she came to the Australian Open to get a slam before Venus came back because she was kicking her butt in practice.

starin
Apr 4th, 2007, 03:59 PM

Henin
S.Williams
Petrova
Mauresmo
Kuznetsova
Schiovone
Dementieva
Myskina
Clijsters
Hingis

How can you say skills and not results? :lol: how else do you judge how good someone is other than results. Fine we won't count results from several year ago. Onlly looking at 2006 reults I would say Petrova/Mauresmo/Henin/Kunznetsova/Hingis have had better results on clay, but Schiavone and Dementieva?!?! come on. Schiavone and Dementieva, Myskina have had worse results (recently as in 2006) on clay than Venus. Clijsters is not playing anymore so she doesn't count. And Serena hasn't really played on clay for a couple of years now.

Anyhoo....people keep writing Venus off like she's a nobody and can't beat anyone in the top ten. All I'm saying if Venus is playing well (which may or may not happen) she can beat anyone on any surface no matter how well the opponent is playing. But at the same token she can lose to anyone at any moment. Just depends on her UE count. She showed that she can play at that high level again during the memphis final but faltered in Miami. I think its too early to tell based on her match against Rezai who's been sucking hardcore and makes a ton of UE. Schnyder should be a good measure. And Schnyder's coming in with nothing to lose so she'll be very dangerous.

slydevil6142
Apr 4th, 2007, 03:59 PM
I dont really care what anyones personal list of "best clay courters" but I do know NOONE is eager to play Venus.

MyskinaManiac
Apr 4th, 2007, 04:37 PM

Henin
S.Williams
Petrova
Mauresmo
Kuznetsova
Schiovone
Dementieva
Myskina
Clijsters
Hingis

Ok no...:eek: Actually... just a sidenote, Nastya is one of a few players who can actually pull down Venus's game on clay by taking advantage of he slower ball.... but then again so can all the other girls who have far more knowledge of the clay because the were raised on it.

Mr. Magassi
Apr 4th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Sounds like Patty has already lost before she gets on court... let's hope it's a good match...

darrinbaker00
Apr 4th, 2007, 05:13 PM
How did this woman ever reach the top 10 with an attitude like that? :fiery:

Shuji Shuriken
Apr 4th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Kick ass Venus :hearts:. Let's prove the doubters wrong :worship:

Direwolf
Apr 4th, 2007, 05:57 PM
im just glad that Venus is healthy again....
i wont pressure myself...
that every tournament she enters, that she would actually win them....

but...im expecting a great summer hardcourt and 2008 for Venus Williams...

vwfan
Apr 4th, 2007, 06:03 PM

Henin
S.Williams
Petrova
Mauresmo
Kuznetsova
Schiovone
Dementieva
Myskina
Clijsters
Hingis
:lol: skill, not results. now there's a speculative standard if I ever heard it.

Venus has beaten Henin, Mauresmo, Kutzie, and Hingis on clay. She has not played Petrova on clay, but owns her otherwise. Don't recall h2hs without looking up Schiavone, but really I don't think she's ever beaten Venus either.

Myskina gives Venus a hard time on clay as evidenced by h2h and I think Kim has beaten Venus on clay.

so whatever, you sound a little desperate wherein facts (results) don't seem to matter as much as wishes (skill, as measured by you!). funny post.:help:

Tennisaddict
Apr 4th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Higis has won 4 hard courts slams and reached at list 4 more finals.

So, grand slam wise- Venus is the 3 best player behind Serena and Hingis. :o

I was talking about fast hardcourts. Wow, I can see that reading and comprehending is still tough for you :help:
Venus in the top 2 when it comes to fast hardcourts.

Tennisaddict
Apr 4th, 2007, 06:08 PM
:lol: skill, not results. now there's a speculative standard if I ever heard it.
Venus has beaten Henin, Mauresmo, Kutzie, and Hingis on clay. She has not played Petrova on clay, but owns her otherwise. Don't recall h2hs without looking up Schiavone, but really I don't think she's ever beaten Venus either.

Myskina gives Venus a hard time on clay as evidenced by h2h and I think Kim has beaten Venus on clay.

so whatever, you sound a little desperate wherein facts (results) don't seem to matter as much as wishes (skill, as measured by you!). funny post.:help:

It's called grasping for straws :lol:

I can't wait to see Venus slide on the dirt.
She's awesome to watch when she's in full clay court mode :drool:

The Dawntreader
Apr 4th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Wow Patty, arent you confident!:rolleyes: :lol:

Go venus!!!!:D :worship: :bounce:

winone23
Apr 4th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Great posts from you Venus fans!!!! Funny how people bend and twist the truth for their purposes. :lol: :lol: :lol: They need :help:

Go Venus!!!!

Schnyderfreak
Apr 4th, 2007, 06:42 PM
You guys are already talking about a victory before the match has started.
despite the 8-0 deficit Patty was close enough to win it so don't count yer chickens yet!!!!

darrinbaker00
Apr 4th, 2007, 06:43 PM
It's called grasping for straws :lol:

I can't wait to see Venus slide on the dirt.
She's awesome to watch when she's in full clay court mode :drool:
Calling the surfaces at Amelia Island and Charleston "clay" is like calling the surfaces in domed stadiums "grass."

Schnyderfreak
Apr 4th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Great posts from you Venus fans!!!! Funny how people bend and twist the truth for their purposes. :lol: :lol: :lol: They need :help:

Go Venus!!!!

Just look at the stats and then open yer big Yankee mouth

winone23
Apr 4th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Just look at the stats and then open yer big Yankee mouth

Are you Psychic??? How did you know I was a Yankee fan???? :worship: :worship: :worship: Yankees rule !!!! I already know the stats and the stats show Venus is one of the best clay courters in the game. Also your getting hot and mad with me, I didn't say anything bad about Patty. I was enjoying the Venus fan's posts b/c they put uninformed people in their place about Venus as a clay courter.

winone23
Apr 4th, 2007, 06:57 PM
despite the 8-0 deficit Patty was close enough to win it so don't count yer chickens yet!!!!

Your board name is very appropriate for you......

darrinbaker00
Apr 4th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Are you Psychic??? How did you know I was a Yankee fan???? :worship: :worship: :worship: Yankees rule !!!! I already know the stats and the stats show Venus is one of the best clay courters in the game. Also your getting hot and mad with me, I didn't say anything bad about Patty. I was enjoying the Venus fan's posts b/c they put uninformed people in their place about Venus as a clay courter.
You like the Evil Pinstripe Empire?
:fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 4th, 2007, 06:58 PM

They're talking about a victory before the match has started because Patty is talking that way.
It just seems like she doesn't want to be on tour for long to me.
She had an absolute thud at the Australian Open, I really thought with her draw that she could have made the slam finals that was a goal of hers during her career.
She sounds defeated in what should be her favorite part of the tour calendar.
I don't see her getting back in the top 10 with this attitude and if she's not careful she could leave the top 20 and not come back either.

winone23
Apr 4th, 2007, 07:08 PM
You like the Evil Pinstripe Empire?
:fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Yes I love the Yankees!!! I'm from the bronx what's not to love about the Yankees!

Tennisaddict
Apr 4th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Calling the surfaces at Amelia Island and Charleston "clay" is like calling the surfaces in domed stadiums "grass."

I was referring to the red clay in Warsaw, Berlin etc. Otherwise I already would have seen Venus on it in the highlights of her first round match.

Dunlop1
Apr 4th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Schnyder said. "That's really rough. I just want to be happy with my game, and if it's good enough to beat Venus, great. I have no idea how to beat her, otherwise I would maybe have achieved it earlier in my career."

As for Venus, she always says hse is feeling good. I won't believe it until I see her play a top tenner. Venus-Petrova :drool: