PDA

View Full Version : Reka Zsilinszka(USA) moves into ITF Juniors TOP 10..

Wolverines08
Apr 4th, 2007, 04:45 AM
Reka Zsilinszka of Fayetteville, N.C., moved into the top 10 of the ITF World Junior Rankings for the first time in her career this week after another impressive performance at an ITF event in Brazil -- this time at the 24th Copa Gerdau, an ITF Grade A event held in Porto Alegre, March 19-25.
Zsilinskza posted the best results of any American competing in both the singles and doubles draws. In singles, she advanced to the quarterfinals, where she lost to eventual champion Cindy Chala of France. In doubles, she reached the semifinals with partner Ioana Ivan of Romania, losing again to the eventual winners, Tatiana Bua of Argentina and Roxane Vaisemberg of Brazil, in a three-set thriller, 6-3, 6-7 (0), 7-6 (2).

The 17-year-old right-hander, who also reached the singles semifinals the previous week at the Banana Bowl, is now 12-5 on the year in ITF junior circuit play. She joins Julia Cohen in the world's top 10 -- Cohen is at No. 6, and Zsilinszka is at No. 10.

Kellen Damico is the only American boy in the top 10 and is currently listed at No. 8.

Also in Porto Alegre, Johnny Hamui of Tampa, Fla., teamed with India's Rupesh Roy to reach the doubles semifinals. Hamui and Roy, the fourth-seeded team, fell to eventual champions and No. 5 seeds Daniel Cox and David Rice of Great Britain, 6-2, 6-3.

I have watched Reka play many times and she is a very special player!!! She is very good, and she will be a huge asset to DUKE.

Frode
Apr 4th, 2007, 05:03 AM
And the question half the posters on this board want's to know is:

IS SHE HOT?

Just kidding. Good to see american youngsters doing well.
You need some new talent to come through.

Anago
Apr 4th, 2007, 05:43 AM
Is she the one who won a mach in the AO juniors despite only hitting like 2 winners?

rrfnpump
Apr 4th, 2007, 05:49 AM
she is that moonball girl, isnt she? :p

she might suffer the same like Julia Cohen if she tries WTA tournaments...

Sharapova's_Boy
Apr 4th, 2007, 06:06 AM
she is that moonball girl, isnt she? :p

That's the one. :yeah:

RJWCapriati
Apr 4th, 2007, 06:10 AM
I would like to see her play then - maybe against Venus Williams? :p

Wolverines08
Apr 4th, 2007, 06:11 AM
Lol...she Hits Alot Of Moonballs, But She Can Turn Up The Heat When She Wants 2!

jazar
Apr 4th, 2007, 07:28 AM
i'd love to see moonball girl play on grass

tennis_pIayer
Apr 4th, 2007, 07:29 AM
she's headed to duke for college tennis.

seems like US has a good class this year. weinhold, couts, reka, maria sanchez etc

Wolverines08
Apr 4th, 2007, 08:05 AM
i'd love to see moonball girl play on grass

LOL!!! It's hard to explain her because I'm from Fayetteville, NC and i've seen her play and practice/train alot...she's not a Conchita Martinez type moonballer, or a huge topspin ball floater like Smashnova...she can hit with power but she also likes to Moonballs, and the junior girls have a very hard time handling it...she makes her balls go from side to side and it takes a lot of patience but just when you think another moonball is coming your way..she hits a huge forehand/backhand winner.

.Andrew.
Apr 4th, 2007, 11:12 AM
She's the moonballer. :p I actually like to watch her game alot. Good luck to her.

Juanes
Apr 4th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Reka is perfect.... she see her coach only 2 times a year... and her results are excellent... good luck REKA!!!

kittyking
Apr 4th, 2007, 12:41 PM
She doesnt moonball that often from what I understand - the time I saw her play she seemed to hit the ball with alot of pace but did alot of pathetic errors too.

TomasUli
Apr 4th, 2007, 01:13 PM
from the way people are describing her game... I have no desire to see her play. :tape: :lol:

tobi
Apr 4th, 2007, 01:34 PM
As Basti said likely will suffer as Cohen doing on senior tour.