PDA

View Full Version : I attended both Sandrine's singles matches

MLF
Jun 28th, 2002, 01:33 PM
Had to go and see Sandrine naturally during my trip to Wimbledon.
The first match against Anca Barna wasn't pretty. Sandrine's forehand was a liability but her spirit got her through in the end. It was good to see her win and I thought the battle might set her on to better things. I actually plucked up the courage to speak to her as she came off court 3 seeing as you guys have had chats with her. To cut down on me being embarrassed in front of everyone I just attempted the conversation in French and told her that she had fought well She thanked me for the support and also for speaking in French. She seemed very pleasent and said she hoped to see me at her next match.
The Pierce match was disappointing. Sandrine's forehand was streaky again and her serve really lacked the oomph it had in the matches I saw last year. Mary played very solid so it was disappointing to see Sandrine out early again. I didn't want to intrude on her disappointment after the match so didn't attempt to chat with her. The only thing I regret was that everybody was calling out for Mary and I really wanted to cheer for Sandrine but was feeling too shy during this match.:o

GoSandrine
Jun 28th, 2002, 10:57 PM
Hi David :wavey:

I'm so glad you got to meet Sandrine! :D

I'm still suffering from the disappointment of her loss the other day as well but I'm slowly getting over it. Glad you were there to cheer her on (at least in spirit) ;)

When I first watched Sandrine play live I wasn't sure whether to cheer loudly for fear it might upset her concentration but I said the hell with it - I'll just pick my spots. ;) I think she could actually hear me from the rafters when she played Venus on Arthur Ashe Stadium. :o

Too bad Sandrine didn't have as much fan support as Mary. I think she genuinely appreciates the support she does get and I'm glad you had the nerve to walk up to her and offer your kind words.

Are you going to attend any more matches?

TS
Jun 29th, 2002, 06:16 AM
Thanks David :) Sounds like you've had a smashin time at Wimby ;)

rated_next
Jun 29th, 2002, 12:45 PM
thanks for the report