PDA

View Full Version : What about Jankovic's voice? It's like she's on drugs!

davidmario
Apr 4th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Watch this video...
http://cgi.jacksonville.com/multimedia/video/070402183048.shtml

everytime when I hear her voice I have to laugh out really hard because it's funny how relaxed she's speaking. It sounds like she talks through her nose.

Am I right when I think that her English has improved over the past few months?

Rod the Bama
Apr 4th, 2007, 12:32 AM
I didn`t see anything wrong with Jelena`s voice personally. I must say that i like Dani`s accent.

davidmario
Apr 4th, 2007, 12:38 AM
her voice is like the one of margaret cho's ex-boyfriend in this clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4xdPI3hh5s
(boyfriend appears in the first two minutes)

Craigy
Apr 4th, 2007, 12:41 AM
:lol: :help:

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 4th, 2007, 12:42 AM

It is not that bad. :lol:
Maybe Margaret Cho's brother has that accepted Jesus Christ but never that. :lol:

OMG if someone on tour could sound like Gwen. :lol: :haha:
I was randomly just saying that yesterday while going to the kitchen. "Hi I'm Gwen and I'm here to waaaaarssh your vargina".
It was a bit weird to say the least.

The Daviator
Apr 4th, 2007, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the clip, Hantuchova sounds so mature when she speaks...

davidmario
Apr 4th, 2007, 12:52 AM
Maybe Nicole Pratt is speaking like Gwen. I can imagine that.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 4th, 2007, 02:26 AM
Maybe Nicole Pratt is speaking like Gwen. I can imagine that.

Probably.
Hi I'm Nicole and I'm here to waaaarsh your vargina, by hand. :lol: :tape:

kinglear
Apr 4th, 2007, 02:38 AM
Thanks for the clip, Hantuchova sounds so mature when she speaks...

YES! Hantuchova sounds like royalty when she speaks. I love her "slight" accent. I wonder how Sharapova would be perceived if she had a thick Russian accent. Hmmm.. :confused: that just popped into my head.

RatedR Superstar
Apr 4th, 2007, 03:15 AM
Watch this video...
http://cgi.jacksonville.com/multimedia/video/070402183048.shtml

everytime when I hear her voice I have to laugh out really hard because it's funny how relaxed she's speaking. It sounds like she talks through her nose.

Am I right when I think that her English has improved over the past few months?

yeh, it sounds like it..its hard to understand her coz of that..i wonder if she speaks that way too if she talks in her own language?

Black Mamba.
Apr 4th, 2007, 03:21 AM
She's still fine though.

fufuqifuqishahah
Apr 4th, 2007, 06:25 AM
i love her voice. im just waiting for the droool to slobber all over me.

lindsayno1
Apr 4th, 2007, 12:16 PM
her voice is fine!

frenchie
Apr 4th, 2007, 12:48 PM
I love her voice

she could be a nice singer

Joana
Apr 4th, 2007, 01:00 PM
yeh, it sounds like it..its hard to understand her coz of that..i wonder if she speaks that way too if she talks in her own language?

She does. The first time I heard her speak I could barely understand what she was saying.

lecciones
Apr 4th, 2007, 04:29 PM
I love how they make it look so personal, the way they present the interviews :)
I guess JJ's language is nasal so she uses that kinda way of talking often? I can understand it though it is kind of hard good thing she talks slow. :)

Jogi
Apr 4th, 2007, 04:53 PM

WTF :spit: :haha:

Bruno71
Apr 4th, 2007, 07:50 PM
I'll never forget first seeing Jelena play in LA last summer (beating the tittle off Serena!). There's just something about her on court that demands attention, but off court it's even more acute. Between her borderline hooker clothes and a voice that I've often seen described on here as comparable to Elmo, there's just no one like Weird Jelena Jankovic in the WTA!

Most memorable to me is when asked in the post-match interview what Serena said to her at the net (Jelena had accidentally hit Serena with a ball after a game ended), she said in that incomparable voice, "She saaaaaaid I knoooowwww you're a niiiiice giiiirrrllll...", and I was hooked! :D

schorsch
Apr 4th, 2007, 08:06 PM
you should here her talk in serbian then... it would sound so much more natural :-)

schorsch
Apr 4th, 2007, 08:15 PM
and by the way i think its so much fun having someone different on the tour :-)

i dont like petrovas new hair color...

colt13
Apr 5th, 2007, 12:34 AM
Thanks for the link, there are a couple of other vids there too. Jankovic just sounds like a teen. One of her more interesting interviews was during her USO run last year. The announcer was trying to engage her in some political talk about Serbia and she said something like "i dont care about politics" while giggling.

So Disrespectful
Apr 5th, 2007, 01:37 AM
It would be soooo much better if everyone had the same voices and personalities :rolleyes:

brickhousesupporter
Apr 5th, 2007, 01:42 AM
Jelena sounds likes she has a mouth full of marbles everytime she speaks.

davidmario
Apr 5th, 2007, 02:13 AM
It would be soooo much better if everyone had the same voices and personalities :rolleyes:

thats not what I'm saying:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

davidmario
Apr 5th, 2007, 02:13 AM
Thanks for the link, there are a couple of other vids there too. Jankovic just sounds like a teen. One of her more interesting interviews was during her USO run last year. The announcer was trying to engage her in some political talk about Serbia and she said something like "i dont care about politics" while giggling.

:haha: that's funny:lol:

RND
Apr 5th, 2007, 03:02 AM
:lol: I won't use such an intense description but yeah,it's not about accent,she does have a "unique voice". :angel:

So Disrespectful
Apr 5th, 2007, 03:11 AM
thats not what I'm saying:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: