PDA

View Full Version : Ivana Lisjak - Whats wrong with her ?

Viktymise
Apr 3rd, 2007, 11:16 PM
She has only played 3 events this year, AO qualies, Paris qualies and Miami qualies and has only won 2 matches and choked another against Paszek. Is she injured :confused: she has withdrawn from alot of challenger events too this year. She is extremely talented and is still only 20 with 3rd round appearances at both RG and USO in the past 2 years and was in the final of 75k Poitiers at the end of 2006 losing to Rezai. Does anyone have any info on whats going on with her :sad:

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 3rd, 2007, 11:17 PM
OMG she is way younger than I thought she was!

I saw her and she was quite impressive, so I wish her the best

Tenis Srbija
Apr 3rd, 2007, 11:19 PM
She is 20 years old :p

Viktymise
Apr 3rd, 2007, 11:20 PM
She is 20 years old :p

lol i knew she was either 19 or 20 :p, she's barely been playing so i have been finding it hard to follow her :(

Tenis Srbija
Apr 3rd, 2007, 11:29 PM
lol i knew she was either 19 or 20 :p, she's barely been playing so i have been finding it hard to follow her :(

She was training last month with Croatian youngster Indire Akiki. That's what Indire told me... So Ivana isn't injured in terms of not being able to play tennis.

She has some strong game. Her FH is amazing, when ON! But she tends to choke :rolleyes:

Viktymise
Apr 3rd, 2007, 11:34 PM
She was training last month with Croatian youngster Indire Akiki. That's what Indire told me... So Ivana isn't injured in terms of not being able to play tennis.

She has some strong game. Her FH is amazing, when ON! But she tends to choke :rolleyes:

Definatley her FH is massive, one of the biggest on the circuit i think. Her BH is a little flakey though as is her mentality :tape:, she's got a bit serve and is a pretty good athlete, her results are so up and down, almost Sprem, i mean she can be going toe to toe with Paszek in AO qualies one day, then the next she can be losing to Pous Tio, indoors in straights :help:, hopefully she gets it together by RG or she'll be out of top 200 :o

Karolina_Sprem
Apr 3rd, 2007, 11:37 PM
Ivana is such a great talent, she's got really powerful game. In my opinion she hits the ball hardest on the women tour, better than Sprem, sister Williams, Sharapowa etc.
Believe she gonna be back stronger than ever....

Tenis Srbija
Apr 3rd, 2007, 11:38 PM
I hope she will... She really can be top 100. But on the other hand a lot of players can be top 100. When you have quality it's just a matter of your head will you be top 100 or moving around from top 100, to top 200...

Tenis Srbija
Apr 3rd, 2007, 11:39 PM
Ivana is such a great talent, she's got really powerful game. In my opinion she hits the ball hardest on the women tour, better than Sprem, sister Williams, Sharapowa etc.

Aravane Rezai is hitting it harder for sure :p

Viktymise
Apr 3rd, 2007, 11:40 PM

What matches have you seen of her. I have only seen smatterings of her, she impressed me to no end, i haven't seen one of her bad matches though :tape:

Karolina_Sprem
Apr 3rd, 2007, 11:46 PM
I've seen Ivana in her hometown...

Tennace
Apr 4th, 2007, 12:09 AM
I saw Ivana play Nicole at the USO 05 3R

I was impressed, she played a good match, so I dont know what is wrong :shrug: