PDA

View Full Version : Serena seems hungry for another Roland Garros

radwanska
Apr 3rd, 2007, 06:58 PM
she is playing Rome and Berlin.Out of all the majors this year i think she will be most hungry to win this 1.It will give Juju a tougher test than normal on the clay this year if she meets Serena,it wont be a cakewalk for juju on clay as it always seems to be!She is choosing her clay warm up cleverly.

http://external.cache.el-mundo.net/elmundodeporte/especiales/2002/05/rolandgarros/album13/serenatrofeo.jpg

Will we have a fairy tale ending like 2002?????????????????????????????

Craigy
Apr 3rd, 2007, 06:59 PM
She's not playing Amelia Island :lol:

Tennisation
Apr 3rd, 2007, 06:59 PM
she's not playin AI, that's Venus, do not mistaken them, they are 2 individuals:)

The Daviator
Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:00 PM
:lol:

Mina Vagante
Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:01 PM
:p

santhuruu
Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:01 PM
Serena Williams is playing these clay court tournaments: Charleston, Berlin and Rome.

TSequoia01
Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:03 PM
Serena mentioned getting ready for the clay season waaaaaaaaaaaay back in January. Kinda focused you think?

darrinbaker00
Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:08 PM
she is playing Rome and Berlin.Out of all the majors this year i think she will be most hungry to win this 1.It will give Juju a tougher test than normal on the clay this year if she meets Serena,it wont be a cakewalk for Juju on clay as it always seems to be!She is choosing her clay warm up cleverly.http://www.montserratreporter.org/pics/Serena%20Williams2002FO.jpg
Serena? Hungry?
:tape: :tape: :tape: :tape: :tape:

SAEKeithSerena
Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:10 PM
:hearts: :worship: :wavey: Serena mentioned getting ready for the clay season waaaaaaaaaaaay back in January. Kinda focused you think?

yep! she definitely wants this one badly

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:12 PM
I can't wait to see her BULLDOZE the field! :yeah:

radwanska
Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:12 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38042000/jpg/_38042596_serena150.jpgThese socks were the BOMB

John.
Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:14 PM
Hope she can do it. She is going to be tough to stop

Lulu.
Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:19 PM
She looks good with that trophy :cool:

I think she'd take another RG title over another Wimbledon or USO

dreamgoddess099
Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:27 PM
Oh, make no mistake about it, she definitely wants to win Roland Garros this year. It's the only grandslam she hasn't won twice. That's why she's kicked her training into overdrive. Mary Jo said she was praticing twice a day plus playing matches when she was playing Miami. There's no doubt she's serious about winning Roland Garros, and she's just going to get in better and better shape in the coming months. If she keeps training hard she'll get her speed back.

ptkten
Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:32 PM
I have a feeling she'll pull out of Rome if she does well in Berlin, but I'm glad she's playing such a full schedule on clay.

Marcell
Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:43 PM
She is not only looking at the French Open, but I have the feeling she is eyeing the Grand Slam. In Richard Williams' latest interview, he said that Venus and Serena will be No1 and No 2 again. He mentioned that he is also getting them to take pace off the shots and focus more on placement. He is trying to get Venus to smile more on court. He said that she is so focus on court that her muscles becomes tense and she puts too much pressure on herself. This is why she committs so many errors.

Brooklyn90
Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:51 PM
Her other Grand Slams are lonely, she has 2 or more every everything else, she has just one RG. :sad: ;)

Orion
Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:54 PM
I loved the 2002 outfits at the French. The Cameroon football inspired one was among the five best outfits I've ever seen.

G1Player2
Apr 3rd, 2007, 08:00 PM
Oh, make no mistake about it, she definitely wants to win Roland Garros this year. It's the only grandslam she hasn't won twice. That's why she's kicked her training into overdrive. Mary Jo said she was praticing twice a day plus playing matches when she was playing Miami. There's no doubt she's serious about winning Roland Garros, and she's just going to get in better and better shape in the coming months. If she keeps training hard she'll get her speed back.

Good news. Besides that dreamgoddess, this was Serena's clay schedule in 2002. She lost early in Charleston however, but did well in Berlin and Rome and beat JCap in that incredible and underrated Rome semi-final. Serena was untouchable at Roland Garros that year. She actually won the title comfortably except her match against JCap which was obvious it would be tough considering JCap was defending champ and all and the other JCap intangibles.