PDA

View Full Version : AI 1r: Romina Oprandi defeats Vika Azarenka 6-1 / 6-1

stefi62
Apr 3rd, 2007, 03:05 PM
Congrats Romina! Well done! :worship:

Lucyxx
Worst loss this year for Vika, best win for Romina.

Should make R3 vs Golovin/Castano.

Not bad for her first trip here.

Farina Elia Fan
expected - romina is top 20 on clay

tobi
Apr 3rd, 2007, 03:06 PM
omg Vika :o Yeah it is clay but the scoreline is :tape:

Congrats Romina

Should do well in coming weeks.

Sexysova
Apr 3rd, 2007, 03:07 PM
lol VIKA!!! :help: :help: :help:

very great job ROMINA! :worship: :worship: :worship:

John.
Apr 3rd, 2007, 03:08 PM
Vika :help:

Congrats Romina

Frode
Apr 3rd, 2007, 03:10 PM
Oh yes. The Dropshot Dame is back on clay!:bounce: It only took 50 minutes.
I wish I had bet more on You:lol:

Stosur or Ruano Pascual is next.

Darop.
Apr 3rd, 2007, 03:18 PM
Ah, clay is back :cool:

.david.
Apr 3rd, 2007, 03:19 PM
Vika:help:

Congrats Romina!!

AlexBarrington
Apr 3rd, 2007, 03:23 PM
AHHH ROMINA!!!!!!!!!!! well done

LUXXXAS
Apr 3rd, 2007, 03:23 PM
:eek: :bolt:

jazar
Apr 3rd, 2007, 03:24 PM
vika. that is soo, soo disappointing

Monica_Rules
Apr 3rd, 2007, 03:37 PM
Vika :eek:

-sugi-
Apr 3rd, 2007, 04:17 PM
Romina :yeah: She loves Clay. I thought she would win, but not with such a n easy scoreline.

Highlandman
Apr 3rd, 2007, 05:18 PM
Very bad loss for Vika :tape: :tape: :help:

Viktymise
Apr 3rd, 2007, 05:19 PM
Vika :help: if this was red clay in Europe i could have at least imagined such a result but on green clay in the US where its a faster surface, thats just poor :o

Demska
Apr 3rd, 2007, 05:21 PM
Wow, i expected the opposite

Ellery
Apr 3rd, 2007, 05:26 PM
Romina :worship:

Sharapova's_Boy
Apr 3rd, 2007, 05:41 PM
OMFG Vika. :help: :help: :help:

That is one of the worst losses she has ever had. :o

The Dawntreader
Apr 3rd, 2007, 05:51 PM
I bet Romina is absolutely estatic :haha:

all those crappy months for her playing hardcourt tennis and finally she can play on the green/red stuff. All her spins and slices come to life now:)

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 3rd, 2007, 05:52 PM
I wonder how much Romina charged Vika for that lesson in claycourt tennis?

-Makiri-
Apr 3rd, 2007, 06:16 PM
Romina :yeah:

doris_hdz
Apr 3rd, 2007, 06:26 PM
Poor Vika...

Congrats Romina

Elisse
Apr 3rd, 2007, 09:42 PM
Romina :hearts: :bounce:

.Andrew.
Apr 3rd, 2007, 10:00 PM
Romina is very good on the clay.

Very well done.

Vika :hug:

yes_sir
Apr 3rd, 2007, 10:07 PM
two words - Match fixing

.Andrew.
Apr 3rd, 2007, 10:09 PM
two words - Match fixing

How? :confused: Can you explain that to me? Maybe Vika was off or Romina might've been on the money. :confused:

Derek.
Apr 3rd, 2007, 10:13 PM
Oh dear. :o

yes_sir
Apr 3rd, 2007, 10:33 PM
How? :confused: Can you explain that to me? Maybe Vika was off or Romina might've been on the money. :confused:

I don’t like it when people call fix on something just because it loses, but this was definitely clear to everyone and was played out accordingly.
Azarenka a much better player in good form even lists her fav surface as clay.
Oprandi no form at all, prefers clay sure but she's hopeless and got hammered by lowly Tu last start even the surface was a fast hard/clay composite

The odds went from Azarenka 1.45 pre much rightful fav to 3.40+ and have no chance in just 40 minutes without a ball being hit.
Oprandi got the first break and her odds were 1.16 lol. She was backed for a stack like it was a sure thing. Azarenka rolled over in every game barely winning a single point, just the token game for obvious reasons.

I would be a little concerened for Azarenka's safety after this, it's basically stealing peoples good money for a large sum of cash just to throw a match.

Drake1980
Apr 3rd, 2007, 10:34 PM
Romina:eek::woohoo:

Tenis Srbija
Apr 3rd, 2007, 10:36 PM
Azarenka :smash:

Corswandt
Apr 3rd, 2007, 10:46 PM
Clay is back, and so is one of the most fearsome sharks to swim in that sea. Beware - the Dropshot Dame will eat much bigger fish than Azarenka before the clay season is over.

Viktymise
Apr 3rd, 2007, 10:50 PM
I donít like it when people call fix on something just because it loses, but this was definitely clear to everyone and was played out accordingly.
Oprandi no form at all, prefers clay sure but she's hopeless and got hammered by lowly Tu last start even the surface was a fast hard/clay composite

The odds went from Azarenka 1.45 pre much rightful fav to 3.40+ and have no chance in just 40 minutes without a ball being hit.
Oprandi got the first break and her odds were 1.16 lol. She was backed for a stack like it was a sure thing. Azarenka rolled over in every game barely winning a single point, just the token game for obvious reasons.

I would be a little concerened for Azarenka's safety after this, it's basically stealing peoples good money for a large sum of cash just to throw a match.

Vika may say clay is her favourite surface but she's a ball basher, its technically her worst and being only her 1st clay match of the year she was bound to struggle somewhat against Oprandi who excels on the surface, although the scoreline is horrendous from Vika :o

cellophane
Apr 3rd, 2007, 10:51 PM
Romina is back :eek:

switz
Apr 3rd, 2007, 10:52 PM
I donít like it when people call fix on something just because it loses, but this was definitely clear to everyone and was played out accordingly.

I don't remeber Azarenka ever getting to a tier I quarter-final on clay losing a very tight 3 setter to a player who went onto to make the Roland Garros final a couple of weeks later. I do remember Oprandi doing it though :)

timafi
Apr 3rd, 2007, 10:54 PM
damn what a score:eek: :eek: :eek:

Corswandt
Apr 3rd, 2007, 11:00 PM

d00d

People stupid enough to put money against the Dropshot Dame on clay deserve to lose it.

yes_sir
Apr 3rd, 2007, 11:05 PM
d00d

People stupid enough to put money against the Dropshot Dame on clay deserve to lose it.

Mate are you serious, Azarenka has loads more talent than woeful Oprandi.
It was on a fast green clay surface.
It was a fixed match, Azarenka tanked it from the start.

fOxYLiCiOuS
Apr 3rd, 2007, 11:34 PM
Congrats Romina :)

Corswandt
Apr 3rd, 2007, 11:42 PM

Are you aware this is libel?

Joana
Apr 3rd, 2007, 11:58 PM

Last year she demolished Zvonareva, who is much better player than Azarenka ever will be, and with an even more comprehensive scoreline - 6-0, 6-1. This girl can play on clay.
That said, I'd wait before handing her the RG title as she does tend to have weird losses, even on clay.

Vamos.
Apr 3rd, 2007, 11:58 PM
Romina!!! Gotta love her...nice vcash win for me too:)

serena_fan
Apr 4th, 2007, 05:36 AM
Vika :(

ewbangkok
Apr 4th, 2007, 05:49 AM
i glad i bet on romina...good luck next tour vika

rrfnpump
Apr 4th, 2007, 05:56 AM
Last year she demolished Zvonareva, who is much better player than Azarenka ever will be, and with an even more comprehensive scoreline - 6-0, 6-1. This girl can play on clay.
That said, I'd wait before handing her the RG title as she does tend to have weird losses, even on clay.

thanks for reminding me :o
at the end of the match Vera also tried to dropshots and damn, her dropshots sucked so bad...

that said, Romina is great on clay and this match was definitely not fixed. Some people just want to build up that scenario to come over their lost money :o

adrovi
Apr 4th, 2007, 07:35 AM
Vika :shrug: :shrug:

Louis Cyphre
Apr 4th, 2007, 08:00 AM

Thats why i`m in this thread ;) My friend call me and tell me that Oprandi odds are going from 3-3,4 to 1,4 few hours before the match :eek: Of course he made sure bet (win $1,000 no matter who will win) and ask me if this match is fixed! I didnt want to agree but look what happens! In football this is the classic scenario - the info about fixed match is out few hours before the match and people start betting and the odds are changing from something like 3-4 to 1,3 - 1,5...We have the same situation...Please tell me that Vika was injured or something coz I dont want to believe that the match is fixed :(

TaxPower
Apr 4th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Congrats Romi! Nice to see you back at this level!

kittyking
Apr 4th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Forgot that Romina is a queen on clay - shouldnt have bet against her

IMPOSSIBLE
Apr 4th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Impressive score

yes_sir
Apr 4th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Forgot that Romina is a queen on clay - shouldnt have bet against her

Queen on clay? Hardly.
Look at her record, pretty ordinary.
The only matches she's ever won on clay have been against players ranked 100+ in challengers, she's never even won a challenger tournament. Her career highlight beating Stosur and Zvonareva in her home country over a year ago. And this is a fast clay/hard court composite.

Azarenka is twice as good a player and was in form, Oprandi no form at all.

Anyone who thinks it was a clean match doesn't know what they're talking about.
For the record i got news of it being a dodgy match and backed Oprandi after initially backing Azarenka @ 1.46 but feel sorry for the people who backed Azarenka in good will.

There was a mountain of money for Oprandi 10 times more than any other match that day all in the last 50 minutes, every bookmaker took it off their markets.

Bottom line is, Azarenka is a match fixer and an absolute disgrace to the Sport and i don't say that lightly.

Darop.
Apr 4th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Queen on clay? Hardly.
Look at her record, pretty ordinary.
The only matches she's ever won on clay have been against players ranked 100+ in challengers, she's never even won a challenger tournament. Her career highlight beating Stosur and Zvonareva in her home country over a year ago. And this is a fast clay/hard court composite.

Azarenka is twice as good a player and was in form, Oprandi no form at all.

Anyone who thinks it was a clean match doesn't know what they're talking about.
For the record i got news of it being a dodgy match and backed Oprandi after initially backing Azarenka @ 1.46 but feel sorry for the people who backed Azarenka in good will.

There was a mountain of money for Oprandi 10 times more than any other match that day all in the last 50 minutes, every bookmaker took it off their markets.

Bottom line is, Azarenka is a match fixer and an absolute disgrace to the Sport and i don't say that lightly.

:spit:

You're an absolute retard! :cuckoo:

yes_sir
Apr 4th, 2007, 10:00 PM
:spit:

You're an absolute retard! :cuckoo:

Please take your uneducated childish posts to another forum you feral, and leave it to people that actually know what they're talking about.
And she went really well against Stosur didn't she, easy loser.
Not her fault Azarenka is the cheat, everyone knows it i'm doubtful many bookmakers will entertain betting on her matches again, we all know what happened.

Darop.
Apr 4th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Please take your uneducated childish posts to another forum you feral, and leave it to people that actually know what they're talking about.
And she went really well against Stosur didn't she, easy loser.
Not her fault Azarenka is the cheat, everyone knows it i'm doubtful many bookmakers will entertain betting on her matches again, we all know what happened.

1) No where did I mention Oprandi would beat Stosur.
2) Oprandi is no n00b, especially not on clay. I first saw her playing 5 years ago and have seen her play many times, in real life and not, since then. Have you ever seen her play? Probably not. The only thing you know are her results. Ever think that varying pace and using different types of shots would be very annoying to the young pounders who base all their tennis on rythm?
3) There's no way in hell Azarenka is fixing her matches.
4) I've been playing tennis every day, 7 days a week since I was 4. If there's something I know what I'm talking about, it's tennis.

yes_sir
Apr 4th, 2007, 11:48 PM
1) No where did I mention Oprandi would beat Stosur.
2) Oprandi is no n00b, especially not on clay. I first saw her playing 5 years ago and have seen her play many times, in real life and not, since then. Have you ever seen her play? Probably not. The only thing you know are her results. Ever think that varying pace and using different types of shots would be very annoying to the young pounders who base all their tennis on rythm?
3) There's no way in hell Azarenka is fixing her matches.
4) I've been playing tennis every day, 7 days a week since I was 4. If there's something I know what I'm talking about, it's tennis.

That's great, i play tennis too and i understand exactly what i'm talking about, you're a noob and have probably never had a bet in your life and certainly are clueless when it comes to punting.
You're way out of your league here and you've demonstrated the type of person you are by using the word retard, now **** off you lowlife.

Corswandt
Apr 5th, 2007, 12:07 AM
you're a noob and have probably never had a bet in your life and certainly are clueless when it comes to punting.

Considering the money you lost by foolishly betting on Azarenka for this match, I wouldn't call other people "clueless" as far as betting is concerned.

Which is the only reason why you're still here - trying to find excuses to comfort your bruised ego after a particularly bad call.

So keep it up, and we'll keep laughing at you.

yes_sir
Apr 5th, 2007, 02:00 AM
Considering the money you lost by foolishly betting on Azarenka for this match, I wouldn't call other people "clueless" as far as betting is concerned.

Which is the only reason why you're still here - trying to find excuses to comfort your bruised ego after a particularly bad call.

Why don't you try reading my posts you idiot.

I said i backed Azarenka THEN when i got mail of this being dodgy changed who i was on and made a nice profit out of it.

You clearly know nothing on the subject so i suggest you stay out of it.

Azarenka is a match fixing cheat, sad fact.

Darop.
Apr 5th, 2007, 08:21 AM

:bowdown:

Exactly. If you can't even predict that a ball basher like Vika could lose to a dirtballer like Romina, you obviously don't know squat about tennis!

:wavey:

yes_sir
Apr 5th, 2007, 01:47 PM
:bowdown:

Exactly. If you can't even predict that a ball basher like Vika could lose to a dirtballer like Romina, you obviously don't know squat about tennis!

:wavey:

LOL you really are stupid aren't you.
I just posted for the second time that i made profit on the fixed match you moron.

Oprandi is an ordinary challenger circuit hack, no wonder you're carrying on like a goose without knowing anything about the topic you're from Italy and you want to believe it wasn't a legit win.

What happened yesterday, she came up against a half decent hard courter and got smashed on clay. Go away kid and stop wasting my time.
You've got absolutely no idea.

End of.

afterall
Apr 5th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Sooo many people posting on this forum and especially on this thread - people who have no clue about tennis but instead of getting a reality check they persevere in brainless spamming and in living in their dream world where(among other things) Oprandi is the Goddess of clay.

Darop.
Apr 5th, 2007, 07:03 PM
LOL you really are stupid aren't you.
I just posted for the second time that i made profit on the fixed match you moron.

Oprandi is an ordinary challenger circuit hack, no wonder you're carrying on like a goose without knowing anything about the topic you're from Italy and you want to believe it wasn't a legit win.

What happened yesterday, she came up against a half decent hard courter and got smashed on clay. Go away kid and stop wasting my time.
You've got absolutely no idea.

End of.

Hardcourter?? :haha: