PDA

View Full Version : Justine and Serena 2007-Where will they meet?

Justine-credible
Apr 3rd, 2007, 12:10 PM
Will 2007 be they year that tennis sees a great rivalry reborn and blossom into one of the sport's best, but friendliest rivalries in the Open era? Here's hoping!

Where do you think they will meet?

Mina Vagante
Apr 3rd, 2007, 12:14 PM
Got to be at Roland Garros:D i think the SF there

Natalicious
roland garros

Mina Vagante
canada? what... montreal?

bandabou
Apr 3rd, 2007, 12:17 PM
Uhum...I think RG or Rome. Looking forward to it.

Justine-credible
Apr 3rd, 2007, 12:18 PM
Montreal or Toronto, it alternates with the ATP each year, i think they are in Toronto this year.

Justine-credible
Apr 3rd, 2007, 12:19 PM
Uhum...I think RG or Rome. Looking forward to it.

No meeting in Rome unfortuantely, Serena is playing there but Justine is only playin Warsaw and Berlin in the build-up to RG. Shame really.

Demska
Apr 3rd, 2007, 12:19 PM
RG semi's or final.

Mina Vagante
Apr 3rd, 2007, 12:20 PM
No meeting in Rome unfortuantely, Serena is playing there but Justine is only playin Warsaw and Berlin in the build-up to RG. Shame really.

yeh we need more juju rena clashes :bounce:

laetitia(jordan)
Apr 3rd, 2007, 12:35 PM
I think and I hope, RG.

COME ON Juju :worship:

John.
Apr 3rd, 2007, 12:44 PM
Hopefully RG

MistyGrey
Apr 3rd, 2007, 01:44 PM
Is Serena playing in Berlin? If yes, then I hope they play there, coz thats the earliest possibility of watching them play eachother!

Vamos.
Apr 3rd, 2007, 01:53 PM
It depends on how Serena plays on clay I think...she will have to be on top form to get far enough in the RG draw to reach Justine. If she does then it will be a memorable occasion for everyone...!

tennnisfannn
Apr 3rd, 2007, 02:04 PM
It depends on how Serena plays on clay I think...she will have to be on top form to get far enough in the RG draw to reach Justine. If she does then it will be a memorable occasion for everyone...!
Doesn't that depend on how high serena is seeded. In Rome they could meet in the quarters which i believe is two matches into the tourny. You seem to imply that serena cannot make the quarters unless something majorly happens in RG. Just so you know, in women's tennis, there are no real clay courters. There is of course the lot that would generally go a round or two further than usuall kinda like the suarez etc but they aren't wining the title anytime soon.
Consider the last several winners, majority of whom are power players:
Justine x3, myskina, serena, capriati, pierce etc. even the finalists hit a big ball, Svetlana, ElenaD, Kim x2, Venus,pierce etc. Serena definitley belongs in this group and there is no reason to imagine she has to be in top form every single match to make it. In her current form there is no reason why not.

thrust
Apr 3rd, 2007, 02:18 PM
Wimbledon, USO, YEC are the most likely chances.

Stamp Paid
Apr 3rd, 2007, 02:25 PM
Hopefully in the Semis of the French Open, then the Semis of Wimbledon, then the Semis of the US Open.

Black Mamba.
Apr 3rd, 2007, 02:43 PM
I have a feeling they won't meet again this year.

spartanfan
Apr 3rd, 2007, 03:18 PM
I have a feeling they won't meet again this year.

See I think they will meet at least 2-3 more times this year. The Serena-Maria rivalry is dead at the moment (getting man-handled isn't a rivalry) and there really aren't any more compelling match up on the women's tour. But the match up of the world's #1 vs. a resurgent Serena makes for compelling tennis.

E.Dementieva_FAN
Apr 3rd, 2007, 08:37 PM
RG, Wimbledon ;)

SAEKeithSerena
Apr 3rd, 2007, 08:52 PM
who knows :) but it will be a good match nonetheless

Kunal
Apr 3rd, 2007, 08:53 PM
gotta be RG...finals!!!

jj74
Apr 3rd, 2007, 09:04 PM
I hope Serena improve her ranking, i want Serna-Justine at the finals (or at least at the semis) not at fourth round

Hots4Safin
Apr 3rd, 2007, 09:06 PM
Roland Garros Semi's would be :lick: with Venus waiting in the final :devil:

jenny161185
Apr 3rd, 2007, 09:50 PM
i went for all the slams and the YEC but maybe Im being greedy!