PDA

View Full Version : Serena to play Rome!

TheItalianStyle
Apr 3rd, 2007, 06:37 AM
Well...now it's official...

Entry list to exit very very soon...

StarDuvallGrant
Apr 3rd, 2007, 06:54 AM
:) good.

azmad_88
Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:43 AM
go ree!

MistyGrey
Apr 3rd, 2007, 08:19 AM
Too bad Justine is not playing here... I would lurveee to see a few more Justine Serena finals!

stefi62
Apr 3rd, 2007, 08:24 AM
Good news! :D

Mina Vagante
Apr 3rd, 2007, 09:16 AM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: yay serena, she's really serious on winning titles on the clay

Charleston, Berlin, Rome:worship:

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 3rd, 2007, 09:21 AM
Figured! :yeah:

This clay list is looking QUITE similar to 2002 ;) :yeah::hearts:

The Dawntreader
Apr 3rd, 2007, 10:31 AM
Love either sister on red clay:drool:

Serena's going to walk Rome;)

John.
Apr 3rd, 2007, 10:37 AM
:banana:Go Rena

Jaffas85
Apr 3rd, 2007, 10:50 AM
If the entry list for Rome is similar to what it was last year then Serena should have almost no problem in winning the tournament.

santhuruu
Apr 3rd, 2007, 04:15 PM
I expected this.

Brooklyn90
Apr 3rd, 2007, 06:13 PM
here's the article. can anyone translate?

Tennis: Wta Roma, Anche Serena Williams a Internazionali d'Italia
Lun 02 Apr, 9:16 PM

Roma, 2 apr. - (Adnkronos) - Ci sara' anche Serena Williams al torneo Wta di Roma. La statunitense, n.11 del mondo e vincitrice domenica del torneo Wta di Miami, ha comunicato la sua iscrizione agli Internazionali BNL d'Italia, che si disputeranno al Foro Italico dal 5 al 20 maggio (dal 12 al 20 il torneo femminile, che seguira' a quello maschile dell'Atp). Il nome della statunitense, in attesa della entry list in uscita a breve, viene ad arricchire il gia' prestigioso parterre di giocatrici che fanno parte del 'Commitment', ossia delle designazioni, gia' in precedenza ufficializzato dalla Wta per il torneo di Roma e che comprende la francese Amelie Mauresmo (vincitrice a Roma nel 2004 e 2005), la russa Maria Sharapova e la svizzera Martina Hingis (campionessa del 2006). Fra le altre stelle attese agli Internazionali BNL d'Italia anche Elena Dementieva, Nicole Vaidisova e Dinara Safina, finalista l'anno scorso.
http://it.sports.yahoo.com/02042007/35/tennis-wta-roma-serena-williams-internaz-0.html

The Daviator
Apr 3rd, 2007, 06:13 PM
:banana:

Please play all three events Ree :worship:

RJWCapriati
Apr 3rd, 2007, 06:16 PM
:) :) :)

Stamp Paid
Apr 3rd, 2007, 06:17 PM
Man I hope Serena can stay uninjured.
I just have the sneaking feeling something is gonna go wrong sooner or later....
I would love for her to play Charleston, Berlin, and Rome.

Wtrain
Apr 3rd, 2007, 06:25 PM
Come on Serena!

SAEKeithSerena
Apr 3rd, 2007, 06:28 PM
hopefully Serena will STAY entered in all of them;) :)

Brooklyn90
Apr 3rd, 2007, 06:30 PM
I just have the sneaking feeling something is gonna go wrong sooner or later....

don't say that :sad:

Aaron.
Apr 3rd, 2007, 06:31 PM
Is Venus playing rome?

Lulu.
Apr 3rd, 2007, 06:33 PM
She's ready for the clay season :D

mr_parental
Apr 3rd, 2007, 06:35 PM
It shouldn't be that taxing to play Berlin and Rome back to back. Then have a week off and hopefully do well at RG.

GracefulVenus
Apr 3rd, 2007, 06:35 PM
Too bad Justine is not playing here... I would lurveee to see a few more Justine Serena finals!

Why is she not playing - a shame!

kadirelf
Apr 3rd, 2007, 06:45 PM
Great Schedule serena

Charleston Tier I
Berlin Tier I
Rome Tier I

Go SERENAAAAAAAAAAAAaa

Craigy
Apr 3rd, 2007, 06:52 PM

Me too. But I'm always scared about her injuries, so whatever :lol:

Bijoux0021
Apr 3rd, 2007, 06:55 PM
Good luck, Serena. Stay healthy!

Direwolf
Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:05 PM
Is Venus playing rome?

Nope Vee is sked to play

Amelia TIER II
Charleston TIER I
Warsaw Tier II
Istanbul Tier III ....

I just sooo hope that she change her Warsaw to maybe
Berlin TIER I, cuz its the only clay title that she hasnt won yet
apart from Roland Garros...

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:11 PM

I'm betting that Justine doesn't want to face Serena again until the RG! It would be emotionally devastating (and consuming) to suffer any losses on clay to her going into the French Open.

doris_hdz
Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:17 PM
Good luck Serena!!!

ptkten
Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:35 PM
Nope Vee is sked to play

Amelia TIER II
Charleston TIER I
Warsaw Tier II
Istanbul Tier III ....

I just sooo hope that she change her Warsaw to maybe
Berlin TIER I, cuz its the only clay title that she hasnt won yet
apart from Roland Garros...

I don't mind Venus' schedule. I think they still don't like playing the same events and this gives Vee an opportunity to get some match practice on clay.

TheItalianStyle
Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:55 PM
Weren't Rome and Rabat entry list scheduled to exit today?????

DavidEllul
Apr 3rd, 2007, 08:43 PM

I'm betting that Justine doesn't want to face Serena again until the RG! It would be emotionally devastating (and consuming) to suffer any losses on clay to her going into the French Open.

Oh com'on this has nothing to do with serena... :p
Actually 2002 was justine's last appearance in Rome , she injured herself there then lost to no one in Roland Garros 1r :mad:
That's why she refused to go there any more.

TheItalianStyle
Apr 3rd, 2007, 08:44 PM
When did she injured here??
The only time she played she reached the final against Serena and she didn't seem injured to me...

In The Zone
Apr 3rd, 2007, 08:47 PM
Serena! :]
She has to schedule smart for that knee.
And playing only Tier I's and slams is just that. Come on Serena. # 1 is there for you by the US Open. :]

DavidEllul
Apr 3rd, 2007, 09:14 PM
When did she injured here??
The only time she played she reached the final against Serena and she didn't seem injured to me...

She was injured in that final ...

Sorry I'm her fan I know her better than u

TheItalianStyle
Apr 3rd, 2007, 09:21 PM
She was injured in that final ...

Sorry I'm her fan I know her better than u

Yeah, yeah...just asking...

Anyway...I wouldn't like to say something different from you..but I don't think that's the reasons she always skip this one...
She was scheduled to play here also in 2003 and 2004...but once she skip the whole clay season except RG and the other year she won Berlin so she withdrew on Sunday...so....I think she skips it because the week before there is Berlin...MO

DavidEllul
Apr 3rd, 2007, 09:28 PM
Yeah, yeah...just asking...

Anyway...I wouldn't like to say something different from you..but I don't think that's the reasons she always skip this one...
She was scheduled to play here also in 2003 and 2004...but once she skip the whole clay season except RG and the other year she won Berlin so she withdrew on Sunday...so....I think she skips it because the week before there is Berlin...MO

Sorry if i was rude..
The time is one reason for sure.. But still I would say that has sth to do with implication for justine, right before RG.. Just like it's a good implication for serena to play in Rome and win, that's pretty much why she is showing up this year. I guess she just wants to repeat 2002.. MO

Kunal
Apr 3rd, 2007, 09:55 PM
saweeet...when is this tourney?

.Andrew.
Apr 3rd, 2007, 09:55 PM
:bounce:

winone23
Apr 3rd, 2007, 10:56 PM
Go Serena!!!

henree
Apr 3rd, 2007, 11:58 PM
Please Serena Skip Berlin. We don't need her need to be sore and overtaxed going into the the French Open. Winning the calendar slam is infinitely more important than these tier 1 tournies.