PDA

View Full Version : Sluggish Footwork

jbone_0307
Apr 3rd, 2007, 12:42 AM
Does anybody have any drills, tips, or footwork routines that I can do to keep me on my feet during an entire match?

#1Davenport
Apr 3rd, 2007, 03:25 PM
I'd like to have some advice on this too!

jazar
Apr 3rd, 2007, 03:31 PM
affix drawing pins to the bottom of your shoes at the heel

lecciones
Apr 3rd, 2007, 03:35 PM
run a lot, get used to moving your feet a lot by using it LOL i just run A LOT in the gym!

Monica_Rules
Apr 3rd, 2007, 03:36 PM
God my footwork is so bad in matches:o. It what makes me hit the back fence when going for big shots sometimes :o

sundoulos
Apr 3rd, 2007, 04:34 PM
Does anybody have any drills, tips, or footwork routines that I can do to keep me on my feet during an entire match?

You need a training partner to do drills with you. It's like basketball and football (US) agility drills. You're bouncing to get your feet moving and not anchored to the ground. Your partner faces you. The partner moves towards you and you move back. He moves away from you, then you move towards him. That is, this drill helps your moving backwards and forwards. Then the partner can point to the left or right and you move in the directions being pointed. This help develop your lateral movement. I saw several players at the Indian Wells do these drills on the practice court with their coaches or trainers.:bounce:

davidmario
Apr 3rd, 2007, 05:23 PM
Rope-skipping does wonders!