PDA

View Full Version : What title would you like the most Mary to win when she comes back?

stefi62
Apr 2nd, 2007, 05:33 PM
Hi guys,

let's dream a bit: when Mary comes back, what title would you like her to win or win again?

I hesitated between RG, Wimbly and the Olympics, but I definately chose the Olympics! That'd be awesome!

What about you?

Maeva
Apr 2nd, 2007, 06:26 PM
I wish she will win the Olympics too! I'm sure that everythings gonna be alright for her, and win the Olympics should be very, very great, and an end so fantastic.

John A Roark
Apr 2nd, 2007, 08:04 PM
All four slams and the YEC...
wouldn't that show the world!
Go, Mary Caroline, go!

stefi62
Apr 2nd, 2007, 08:19 PM
All four slams and the YEC...
wouldn't that show the world!
Go, Mary Caroline, go!

You mean "All four slams, the YEC AND the Olympics!", don't you? :devil:

saby
Apr 2nd, 2007, 09:01 PM
I do agree with that :devil:

leviathane
Apr 2nd, 2007, 10:09 PM
me too :bounce: :fiery:
but if only one : RG one more time :angel:

sebbe
Apr 2nd, 2007, 11:24 PM
I voted for Wimbledon just because that has obviously been a goal for Mary and as we all know players seem to put a victory at Wimbledon on spot 1 so.

piercerocks
Apr 3rd, 2007, 12:22 AM
wimbledon or us open! hopefully she wins everything.

JMC
Apr 3rd, 2007, 06:30 AM
Wimbledon without any doubt;;;This is "THE" supreme consecration for a tennis player, even if in the case of Mary considered as french (...yes yes !!!!) to win Roland garros in 2000 was enormous.....

MistyGrey
Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:18 AM

All four majors, YEC,Olympics AND Miami!
:devil:

And that too in a 12 month span.... Allez Mary slam! :bounce:

laetitia(jordan)
Apr 3rd, 2007, 11:26 AM
I wish she will win the Olympics too! I'm sure that everythings gonna be alright for her, and win the Olympics should be very, very great, and an end so fantastic.

Me Too :bounce: :bounce:

MaryPierceLover
Apr 3rd, 2007, 01:36 PM
All grand slams would be nice!

Mark Spruce
Apr 3rd, 2007, 01:55 PM
RG and Fed Cup

Wizzy Maryfan
Apr 3rd, 2007, 06:42 PM
I chose Roland Garros because this tournament has something special for all french and for Mary too, it's her favourite tournament and a second victory there would mean so much for her and for every body in France (and in the World) !

But you know, i would be more than happy with "only" an Australian Open title ! :lol:

And it would be nice to put IW or Miami in the pocket (Miami is by far most prestigious but you know, i don't care, i would be so happy with IW !)

> Oh, WITHOUT MIAMI, What tier one would you like Mary to win ?!

Hmmm ... I don't know what to chose ... Rome or Montreal ? or IW ?
Perhaps Rome, because clay seems sunnier than hard court, lol ! And I love seing Mary sliding on court ... :hearts:

Kirill_M
Apr 4th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Hi to everyone, I’m new here. My name is Kirill, I’m from Russia. Mary – is my favorite tennis player. My english is not so well, so sorry… But i want to tell you why I love her.
I have taken a great interest in tennis very late, only sometimes looked through some tournaments which showed in Russia. So all also proceeded, but in May-June, 2005, when I looked translations from France (Rolan Garros), I have seen Mary. Here all has changed. This woman at once has drawn my attention - how many in it of feminity, grace and refinement. I began to watch its performance on tournament. I thoght that she win it, but…
And I never forget Mary’s tears in the final. After RG I watch every tournament with Mary. I was happy, when she has won tournament in Russia. It as seems to me, very symbolical, as in Russia it is a lot of Mary's fans. It’s wery sad? Tragedy in Linz was awful.
I wachted this match and voice of Mary, her shout still in my head… Now Mary goes on the amendment. Im very glad for her. I hope, that Mary will be ok.
I chose the Olympics. If Mary want win this title, she must win it!

Lunatiq
Apr 4th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Hi to everyone, I’m new here. My name is Kirill, I’m from Russia. Mary – is my favorite tennis player. My english is not so well, so sorry… But i want to tell you why I love her.
I have taken a great interest in tennis very late, only sometimes looked through some tournaments which showed in Russia. So all also proceeded, but in May-June, 2005, when I looked translations from France (Rolan Garros), I have seen Mary. Here all has changed. This woman at once has drawn my attention - how many in it of feminity, grace and refinement. I began to watch its performance on tournament. I thoght that she win it, but…
And I never forget Mary’s tears in the final. After RG I watch every tournament with Mary. I was happy, when she has won tournament in Russia. It as seems to me, very symbolical, as in Russia it is a lot of Mary's fans. It’s wery sad? Tragedy in Linz was awful.
I wachted this match and voice of Mary, her shout still in my head… Now Mary goes on the amendment. Im very glad for her. I hope, that Mary will be ok.
I chose the Olympics. If Mary want win this title, she must win it!

Hello:wavey: :)

Kirill_M
Apr 4th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Hello:wavey: :)

Hello, Lunatiq! :)

Jackaboo
Apr 4th, 2007, 03:35 PM
I voted for Wimbledon but if Mary wins any one of these tournaments, it would be an amazing achievement.

Zehri98
Apr 5th, 2007, 09:36 AM
I voted Wimbledon too, its so symbolic to tennis as a whole and for Mary to win it would be a dream for me, never mind her! Hahaha! :lol:

After Wimbledon I would choose US Open because she was soo close in 2005 and also because she already has the AO, FO and Fed Cup. The Olympics would be great, if thats what Mary wants.

Mr.Kardashian
Apr 5th, 2007, 11:00 AM
olympics... roland garros... but i voted for wimbledon

Mark Spruce
Apr 5th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Mary Mary Mary Mary Mary

umm Mary ejjejejejeje

RJWCapriati
Apr 5th, 2007, 11:43 PM
Roland Garros or Olympics - I know the Olympics are really important to her and that is pretty much the only reason she will come back is to compete in Beijing.

Scotso
Apr 7th, 2007, 02:56 AM
I'd like to see her win them all, but if I could only pick ONE, I would probably pick Wimbledon. I think it gives the most prestige.

I think she would probably pick the US Open out of all of these, though.

I'll pick Wimbledon. But I would love for her to end her career having won all four slams and Olympic gold. :yeah:

Mark Spruce
Apr 9th, 2007, 12:37 AM
I would love to be honest Mary to win her own happiness on court.

Get back to winning ways and just being the Mary we know on court !!

John A Roark
Apr 9th, 2007, 03:45 PM

Stefi, still lookin' out for me...:hearts:

sugimomo
Apr 11th, 2007, 09:13 PM
i think rolland garros would mean the most for mary to win, but wimbledon would also be a good victory for her too. surprisingly mary has never gotten by the the quarters though
!

Scotso
Apr 12th, 2007, 07:49 AM
i think rolland garros would mean the most for mary to win, but wimbledon would also be a good victory for her too. surprisingly mary has never gotten by the the quarters though
!

I think she could have won the title in 2005 if that second set tiebreak had gone her way.

DomenicDemaria
Apr 15th, 2007, 12:09 AM
I think she could have won the title in 2005 if that second set tiebreak had gone her way.

Yer that backhand swinging volley on setpoint still gives me nightmares! ":sacred:

I dont really care if Mary wins another title. I just want to see her play one more Australian Open so I can watch her!

Sund7101
Apr 15th, 2007, 12:56 AM
Yer that backhand swinging volley on setpoint still gives me nightmares! ":sacred:

I dont really care if Mary wins another title. I just want to see her play one more Australian Open so I can watch her!

I remember too, she had Venus on the ropes and was playing so well. She fought so hard she just couldn't win that last point in that set.

I hope she can come back and win Wimbledon, that would be awesome.

Zehri98
Apr 15th, 2007, 10:03 AM
I remember that drive volley aswell :confused:

I was on holiday in Hong Kong at the time and stayed up till 4 in the morning to watch the match, even though I had no idea wot channel might show it. My friend was trying to sleep while I was screaming the hotel room down. Was so happy with that amazing 2nd set though, after the 1st set I was thinking it might to be a repeat of the RG final where Mary just looked soo nervous. Poor love.

Do you think winning Wimbledon would be bigger than winning RG in Mary's career? My god, just the thought of Mary holding up the Venus Rosewater Dish gives me goosebumps. :hearts:

Mark Spruce
Apr 15th, 2007, 01:13 PM
I think it would be bigger. As grass is a harder surface for Mary to play on.

And also it would shut up the reporter, that said a few years ago, that Mary moved like a cow on grass !!! I was so angry !!

Mark

pierce_fanatic
Apr 15th, 2007, 02:29 PM
I'd love to see her win every single one but if i must choose only one then i chose the Australian Open because I'd be there to see it :p

Zehri98
Apr 15th, 2007, 03:15 PM
And also it would shut up the reporter, that said a few years ago, that Mary moved like a cow on grass !!! I was so angry !!

Mark

:haha: I know I shouldn't laugh but that is soo funny! How dare he though! LMAO! I'm actually laughing so much at that! :lol:

totallyeddible
Apr 16th, 2007, 09:30 AM
She would love to win Wimbledon in my opinion...

I think Wimbledon is the ultimate championship.

I think her best chance was in 2005, if she had just won that tie-break Vs Venus she would have definately won the match and it would have been her best chance to life the trophy however who is to know how strong, determind and focused she will be in 2008!

sharapovarulz1
Apr 17th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Any of them would be great!

DomenicDemaria
Apr 21st, 2007, 10:58 AM
I'd love to see her win every single one but if i must choose only one then i chose the Australian Open because I'd be there to see it :p

Thats two of us! :devil:

Oermi
Apr 21st, 2007, 01:12 PM
Roland Garros. Of course.