PDA

View Full Version : Sammy at Amelia Island

Droolv
Mar 31st, 2007, 10:56 PM
The draw is.....

/1/ Nadia Petrova (RUS) - bye
Qualifier - Kaia Kanepi (EST)
Lourdes Dominguez Lino (ESP) - Mara Santangelo (ITA)
Alicia Molik (AUS) - /15/ Jie Zheng (CHN)
/11/ Katarina Srebotnik (SLO) - Jill Craybas (USA)
Qualifier - Qualifier
Michaella Krajicek (NED) - Qualifier
/5/ Dinara Safina (RUS) - bye

/3/ Daniela HantuchovŠ (SVK) - bye
Nuria Llagostera Vives (ESP) - Vasilisa Bardina (RUS)
Qualifier - Nicole Pratt (AUS)
Dominika CibulkovŠ (SVK) - /14/ Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP)
/9/ Vera Zvonareva (RUS) - Tamarine Tanasugarn (THA)
Virginie Razzano (FRA) - Vania King (USA)
Meghann Shaughnessy (USA) - Qualifier
/7/ Na Li (CHN) - bye

/8/ Tatiana Golovin (FRA) - bye
Catalina Castaňo (COL)- Jelena Vesnina (RUS)
Victoria Azarenka (BLR) - Romina Oprandi (ITA)
Qualifier - /12/ Samantha Stosur (AUS)
/13/ Sybille Bammer (AUT) - Ashley Harkleroad (USA)
Meilen Tu (USA) - Flavia Pennetta (ITA)
Aravane Rezai (FRA) - Venus Williams (USA)
/4/ Patty Schnyder (SUI) - bye

/6/ Ana Ivanovič (SRB) - bye
Shuai Peng (CHN) - Eva BirnerovŠ (CZE)
Nathalie Dechy (FRA) - Aiko Nakamura (JPN)
Eleni Daniilidou (GRE) - /10/ Marion Bartoli (FRA)
/16/ Alona Bondarenko (UKR) - Gisela Dulko (ARG)
Martina Muller (GER) - Severine Bremond (FRA)
Qualifier - Akiko Morigami (JPN)
/2/ Jelena Jankovič (SRB) - bye

Sam is the 12th seed and has drawn a Qualifier 1st round.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Mar 31st, 2007, 11:05 PM
Its an ok draw for Sam lets hope she can do well!!!

aussy89
Apr 1st, 2007, 01:29 AM
its ok, but i have a weird feeling about this, i hope she does well, shes had a quali or bye in last few events which is a change frm top seeds. and she could face golovin again which is better then venus =)

Ben.
Apr 1st, 2007, 03:25 AM
the players that would likely threaten sam towards a path to a QF from my view would be azarenka & golovin (both good hitters of the ball). so i'm hoping that sam's serve is on & that her groundies & net play will help her through.

Wedgie619
Apr 1st, 2007, 07:08 AM
Hoping sam to make third round, and if she beats Golovin (excelent).... but i really think that sam should be able to get at least a set of a top 20 player

Natalicious
Apr 1st, 2007, 06:24 PM
does anybody know why sam doesn't play doubles here? because lisa plays with petrova..

Mr.Kardashian
Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:49 AM
probably to focus on her singles more... she has already proved herself in doubles and she would really be looking to further her singles ranking and results so maybe this is for her to really focus on singles... im sure she will stay play doubles will lisa just not as often... but lisa will want to continue playing doubles becasue her singles ranking is very poor... that is my take on the matter i could be wrong though

Natalicious
Apr 3rd, 2007, 05:26 PM
from her homepage

SAM AND LISA WIN MIAMI
posted on April 2nd, 2007 at 4:54 AM

Sam and Lisa have captured their third WTA title this year after defeating the number two seeds Black and Huber in the final 6-4 3-6 (10-2) of the Sony Ericsson Open. Their second in a row.

Sam now moves on to Amelia Island where she is competing in singles only this week.

Amelia Island will mark the first tournament Sam is playing only in the singles in an effort to improve her ranking beyond it's present 27 and into the top twenty. She is not abandoning doubles and Lisa and Sam still remain a solid partnership, only on a slightly reduced schedule together.

Daniel.
Apr 3rd, 2007, 10:20 PM
Lisa will have more points than Sam now so Sam will be ranked #2. :(

Wedgie619
Apr 4th, 2007, 05:39 AM
Sammy through to second round with a first round victory of 7-5 6-1 (i think) and will be playing second on court 6 tonight

Mr.Kardashian
Apr 4th, 2007, 10:08 AM
gr8 win sam... i thought V R-P would give sam more trouble then that... well done sam

Ben.
Apr 4th, 2007, 09:48 PM
sam got revenge over oprandi for that Rome loss last year :D so a good solid victory for her :yeah: now get revenge over golovin :D

ohgollymissmolik
Apr 4th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Great result Sammy! The Golovin game will be a tougher one I think but Sam can do it.

ohgollymissmolik
Apr 5th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Golovin knocked Sam out 6-2, 6-1. The second set only lasted 12 minutes. Let's hope she can get a better result in Charleston.

miss_molik
Apr 6th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Sammy! what happened? that is a mean scoreline

aussy89
Apr 6th, 2007, 01:10 AM
that is a mean scoreline, also lisa/nadia lost today, and news in apparnetly if lisa didnt make the finals ere, lisa an sam stay both ranked number 1, as they take the 12 best result scores. man it confused me but word in they stay rankd number 1 =p so on monday wen the rankings come out they should be the same points

ohgollymissmolik
Apr 6th, 2007, 01:41 AM
that is a mean scoreline, also lisa/nadia lost today, and news in apparnetly if lisa didnt make the finals ere, lisa an sam stay both ranked number 1, as they take the 12 best result scores. man it confused me but word in they stay rankd number 1 =p so on monday wen the rankings come out they should be the same points

I guess that's at least some consolation. I didn't want her to lose her number 1 ranking. Every tournament I keep hoping her singles games just sync into place, but it doesn't seem to be happening. Is she still working with Adam? Samopedia, did you get the goss on that?

Ben.
Apr 6th, 2007, 02:35 AM
I'm gettin a bit sick & tired of sammy losing matches like these. she has such great talent & she should use that to her advantage a bit more. hope she can do better in Charleston :)

aussy89
Apr 6th, 2007, 02:57 AM
yeah, hope she gets a good draw, no points to defend in charleston and many to gain =p still got no idea on adam, i hope there still together, the funny thing i found out was sarah stone her old doubles partner was actually coaching romina oprandi =p and sammy won yays.

if anyone goes to charleston look for him in sams corner, thats the only way we can find out atm =p

Ben.
Apr 6th, 2007, 03:11 AM
interesting how one of sammy's good friends was coaching Oprandi ;) sammy should be able to get a top 16 seeding in charleston & let's hope to god that she reaches the quarters or better :)

ohgollymissmolik
Apr 6th, 2007, 03:28 AM
haha i bet that was a very very sweet victory for sam considering her past with stone. how funny.

sam needs a good draw in charleston and a good result. she needs to pick up the pace.

aussy89
Apr 6th, 2007, 03:34 AM
i doubt sam be seeded ere though, but be good. im starting to look forward to french open now an c how well sammy goes an wat draw shell get =p

Droolv
Apr 6th, 2007, 04:38 AM
Sam has beaten heaps of players ranked above her.

eg Chakvetadze, Hantuchova, Peer, Ivanovic, Li, Zvonareva, Golovin (Sydney 2005), Bartoli

Mr.Kardashian
Apr 6th, 2007, 04:42 AM
unlucky sam! ... better luck in charleston