PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen or met our Queen Mary

Mark Spruce
Mar 28th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Just wanting to know out of all the regulars here. Who have met or seeen Mary and the unlucky ones that have not.

regards

Mark

p.s :sad::sad::sad: I have not seen or met her.

Mark Spruce
Mar 28th, 2007, 03:45 PM
I have no say no for the moment.

stefi62
Mar 28th, 2007, 04:37 PM
I am among the lucky ones who live near Paris, so who have been very lucky to meet her, and more than once.
I've attended one training in Paris, talked to her leaving her training two more times, and met her also on tournaments.
She is so nice to you when you happen to talk to her! Once, I stayed about 20-30 minutes alone with her, asking her a lot of stuff, saying that was for her fans, and she answered kindly to everything (the movies she liked, the music she listens to, her friends on Tour,....I posted it here in september). And when she talks to you, she looks at you directly in the eyes, really interested in what you have to say!! She sometimes even asked me questions on where I came from, why I was there, ... and actually really cared!:angel:
So I wish to all of those who haven't met her yet (such as Mark, I feel so bad that you did not meet her in Cagnes for FedCup last year!) to meet her and see that if they don't think they can like her even more, well, they're wrong! :D

saby
Mar 28th, 2007, 04:59 PM
:worship: yes she was so nice I will never forget :worship:

piercerocks
Mar 30th, 2007, 12:36 AM
yes! at us open.. thats really the only chance i get to see her.. she is so nice and friendly

Mark Spruce
Mar 30th, 2007, 12:54 AM
You are so lucky all of you that have seen or met Mary

Lunatiq
Mar 30th, 2007, 03:27 PM
I would like to see her playing in Warsaw someday... If she will - I will meet her for sure:)

Fire_Fox
Mar 30th, 2007, 08:38 PM
I have never seen her:sad:

99,999999.....% I won`t see her!:crying2:

stefi62
Mar 30th, 2007, 08:41 PM

Never say never! :wavey: Who knows?

Mark Spruce
Mar 30th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Never say never I have to agree with Stefi

sebbe
Mar 31st, 2007, 12:20 AM
That is my biggest dream...to speak to her but most to play her. That would be increadible. To feel her power and just realise how good she is. She seem to be such a lovely person so just to say hello would be a dream come true. Maybe next year in antwerpen or paris:D

paul B
Mar 31st, 2007, 01:27 AM
I met Mary briefly after she had just beaten Linda Harvey Wild in the 2nd round of the 94 Australian Open.It was a very tight match where she just squeezed out the 2nd set tiebreak and sailed home in the 3rd set.It was quite crazy really,because even though she was an extremely popular and already successful player, she was shoved on one of the very back courts and everyone was getting squashed trying to watch her.I managed to stay near the front and when she finished i asked for her autograph and said "Well played Mary".She looked straight at me with the most beautiful beaming smile and said "thankyou".It's the best feeling when someone you look up to so much,treats you just the way you would have dreamed of.

MistyGrey
Mar 31st, 2007, 04:51 PM
I've seen her plenty of times, on TV that is :p
Havent met her though :sad: maybe next year in Paris! :bounce:

Mark Spruce
Mar 31st, 2007, 10:38 PM
:lol::lol:

I've seen her plenty of times, on TV that is :p

DomenicDemaria
Mar 31st, 2007, 11:59 PM
I have seen her play 4 times at the AO. The first time I watched her play I was so nervous. I waiting for a mens match before just so I could get a good seat. Luckily there was a retirement in the mens match so I only had to watch three sets. I was nervous during the match. Lucky it was a straight forward vicoty for Mary. I got her autograph and wished her a happy bday for the next day. This is prob my fave match I have seen because I have also seen her lose to Benesova and Cohen Aloro :sad:

leviathane
Apr 2nd, 2007, 11:18 PM

Go to Paris guy :cool:

Mark Spruce
Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:09 PM
I have been to Paris !! But it was in the winter time.

And Mary missed our first date last year in the South Of France ;)

One of these days I will see Mary.

Mark

Go to Paris guy :cool:

piercerocks
Apr 4th, 2007, 05:22 AM
my cousins are moving to france, so if we visit them maybe i'll have more chances to see mary or even go to RG!!

stefi62
Apr 4th, 2007, 08:24 AM
my cousins are moving to france, so if we visit them maybe i'll have more chances to see mary or even go to RG!!

You'd be most welcome in Paris! :worship:

leviathane
Apr 4th, 2007, 01:38 PM
you're so unlucky :sad: you deserve to meet Mary !
i hope for you it could possible next year :)
me i've just seen Mary in open gaz de France not really met because i was so stunned :smash:
She's a very nice person :angel:

Kirill_M
Apr 4th, 2007, 03:31 PM
No, i have never seen her, it's my dream....

Mark Spruce
Apr 5th, 2007, 01:30 PM
My Dream 2 :hearts:

No, i have never seen her, it's my dream....

pierce0415
Apr 5th, 2007, 09:23 PM
I have seen/met Mary many times ... off the top of my head

Mary d. Eleni @ Wimbledon 2003
Justine d. Mary @ Wimbledon 2003
Mary d. Asagoe @ USO 2003
Mary d. Jelena Jankovic @ USO 2005
Mary practicing @ USO 2005
Na Li d. Mary @ USO 2006 :sad:

RJWCapriati
Apr 6th, 2007, 12:43 AM
No :sad:

MaryPierceLover
Apr 6th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Unfortunenately not....

Scotso
Apr 7th, 2007, 03:55 AM
I haven't. I'd like to get the chance before she retires. I'm considering making a trip to Roland Garros in 2008... hopefully she'll be there. :D

sharapovarulz1
Apr 17th, 2007, 03:23 PM
I had been hoping to see her at wimbledon this year but guess thats not going to happen now :-(

SeattleLovesMary
Apr 18th, 2007, 07:36 AM
This is my first post here even though I've been reading for awhile.

I've been lucky enough to see/meet Mary a few times in 2005 in San diego and Los Angeles.

Saw all her single/doubles matches there including:

Groenefeld
Dechy
Schnyder
Peng
Sugiyama
Clijsters
Mauresmo
Dementieva
Davenport

She's 9-1 in the singles matches that I've seen her play. So I guess I'm pretty lucky!

Before here first doubles match at San Diego '05 with Bartoli, she came in and sat in the stands an hour before the match with her brother. I got to talk to her then and she is truly remarkable in person - just like everyone says.

Mark Spruce
Apr 18th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Welcome and I hope that you like it here. It is always great to see new posters !!!

Yes you are lucky. So your orders are to not quite stalk but be at all her matches next year :wavey:

Mark

I've been lucky enough to see/meet Mary a few times in 2005 in San diego and Los Angeles.

Groenefeld
Dechy
Schnyder
Peng
Sugiyama
Clijsters
Mauresmo
Dementieva
Davenport

She's 9-1 in the singles matches that I've seen her play. So I guess I'm pretty lucky!

Before here first doubles match at San Diego '05 with Bartoli, she came in and sat in the stands an hour before the match with her brother. I got to talk to her then and she is truly remarkable in person - just like everyone says.

DomenicDemaria
Apr 21st, 2007, 11:55 AM

Groenefeld
Dechy
Schnyder
Peng
Sugiyama
Clijsters
Mauresmo
Dementieva
Davenport

Your lucky! I have a 50% ratio. I saw two poor loses to Cohen Aloro and Benesova :(

HugeMaryFan
Apr 25th, 2007, 08:57 AM
I met her at Hopman Cup in Perth in 1997/1998 and have a photo with her!!!

garyclark
May 12th, 2007, 06:14 AM
Only in my dreams!

cherboy
May 30th, 2007, 04:13 PM
i met her four times in berlin (02-05) and last year in stuttgart... she's so cute. hope to meet her many times again.

LostGlory
May 30th, 2007, 09:43 PM
I've seen her play live quiet a few times......does that count.....or you mean know her in real life, like socially or something?