PDA

View Full Version : Sam... minus Lisa...

ohgollymissmolik
Mar 27th, 2007, 07:44 AM
I heard Lisa is retiring at the end of this season. Has anyone else heard this/got any info on it?

Aussy - you're Samopedia - any goss or inside knowledge?

Hypothetically (because I'm sure none of us want to see it really happen) -

Who would everyone like to see Sam play doubles with if Lisa retired?

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Mar 27th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Kirilenko, Molik, Hantuchova or Sugiyama!!

OZTENNIS
Mar 27th, 2007, 08:07 AM
i'd like to see her really focus on singles and play doubles with alicia at the big events...'aussie attack'

aussy89
Mar 27th, 2007, 08:27 AM
um to tell u the truth i have no idea =( i hope it dosnt happen itll happen either after us open officially i think lisa will be around until end of 08 but she may decide diffrently after half way through on how they are going in dubs =s

sry not much help, i could ask ppl but they wont no much either =(

i dnt no who i would want to take over from lis, atm im trying to find out if adams gona be sammys coach for remainder of yr

Droolv
Mar 27th, 2007, 10:52 AM
if lisa retires who r sam's other friends on the tour???

aussy89
Mar 27th, 2007, 12:16 PM
i know sam gets alng with all the aussies, to tell u the truth no idea who else , but thered be a few she meets up with in the players lounge during matchs

Mr.Kardashian
Mar 31st, 2007, 09:21 AM
molik?? maybe stewart again? im sure lots of the players would love to play with sam... shes made 2 much of an impact to just give doubles up completely but i can definitely see her focussing on singles more IF lisa did indeed retire...

Ben.
Mar 31st, 2007, 09:53 AM
if lisa retires at the conclusion of 2007 or maybe even later on; i reckon sam will play doubles on a regular basis, but she won't play as many events like she did with lisa in an attempt to focus on her singles game.

Ben.
Mar 31st, 2007, 09:56 AM
molik?? maybe stewart again? im sure lots of the players would love to play with sam... shes made 2 much of an impact to just give doubles up completely but i can definitely see her focussing on singles more IF lisa did indeed retire...

she could play with stubbs maybe. they'd make a good combination.

miss_molik
Mar 31st, 2007, 11:25 PM
playing with another aussie would be good

azza
Mar 31st, 2007, 11:42 PM

Yes!! i always and still would like the Stosur/Stewart doubles team!!!

kittyking
Mar 31st, 2007, 11:48 PM
i'd like to see her really focus on singles and play doubles with alicia at the big events...'aussie attack'

I agree with you there, but if Alicia doesnt want to play with her then maybe Sam should play with Sugiyama - Sugitosur!!!

aussy89
Apr 1st, 2007, 01:34 AM
ahahah sugitosur love it, ahahah, meh im nt fused jus want sam to excell in singles an i thnk she does to =)

Ben.
Apr 1st, 2007, 01:57 AM
ahahah sugitosur love it, ahahah, meh im nt fused jus want sam to excell in singles an i thnk she does to =)

would be even better if sam excelled in both disciplines :D however singles would be a priority for her.

Mattographer
Apr 1st, 2007, 02:26 AM
Back to with Bryanne Stewart would be great :)

ohgollymissmolik
Apr 1st, 2007, 05:40 AM
I agree with you there, but if Alicia doesnt want to play with her then maybe Sam should play with Sugiyama - Sugitosur!!!

That's an absolute classic! It sounds like something you'd take for stomach cramps!

kittyking
Apr 1st, 2007, 08:56 AM
That's an absolute classic! It sounds like something you'd take for stomach cramps!

It does actually sound abit like a drug - nevermind its better than Hantuyama :p

Harvs
Apr 13th, 2007, 05:32 AM
If Stosur played with Alicia, they would be incredible! In my eyes, two of the four biggest serves on the womens tour (with Serena and Venus).

OMG THAT WOULD BE MY DREAM

*drools*
haha

Mr.Kardashian
Apr 13th, 2007, 09:14 AM
molik and stosur... that would be incredible actually

aussiemolik
Jul 10th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Definitely Sam and Alicia. That would be a great team specially considering how well they're both playing doubles right now!