PDA

View Full Version : Search problems (SOLVED!!! Thanks a lot !!!!!)

Rix643
Mar 26th, 2007, 10:58 PM
When I search the forums, while using the same criteria, I end up with an old result. For instance, when I search for posts from a certain user with a date of two weeks and newer, I end up with a result generated more then 13350 minutes ago, or more then nine days!

This happens when I use the same search-criteria as in a previous search, either using normal search or advanced seach. Then I get the results of that previous search.
I've found a way to work around this by continously changing a field in advanced search (I use the maximum number of posts for this), but it is annoying.
Clearing my browser history didn't help. It exists for nearly two weeks now.

Rix643
Mar 29th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Bumping. Problem still exists.

Rix643
Apr 7th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Bumping, problem still exists and no reaction from admins, webmaster whatsoever, not even on mail.

Yasmine
Apr 8th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Everyone is experiencing problems with various fonctions on the board at the moment, including the mods/admins. So if there was a solution to your problem someone would have replied already;) Just a bit of patience... Let us know if it gets better or not.

Rix643
Apr 8th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Thanks for your reaction! :yeah:
I'll just wait and let you know when things are improving.

James
Apr 8th, 2007, 09:19 AM
I did a little testing in the search function in advanced search, first searching by poster name, next by keyword, both times limiting posts to two weeks and newer. It did not turn up any older results than two weeks. It might be related to the problems people are experiencing with the site at this moment like Yasmine said.

You say in your first post you did a search with two weeks and newer, but get results after nine days. That seems logical though as there are 14 days in two weeks. Or was there a typo in your original post?

Rix643
Apr 8th, 2007, 09:33 AM
There was no typo. I meant that the results from the search where generated more than 9 days ago. Any new posts which were made after these nine days didn't show up in the search result.
Now when I use the same criteria (search for posts from user less than 2 weeks old) the search query shows results generated 31267 minutes or more than 21 days ago. The latest post it finds was posted March, 17th...

But I'll wait patiently until things get better. As I said in my first post there is a way to work around this problem, but it still bugs me a little..

Steve
Apr 9th, 2007, 02:55 PM
I just did a search by username MK-squared for posts less than 2 weeks ago and newer and all came up fine :confused:

Rix643
Apr 9th, 2007, 03:03 PM
And if you repeat the same search with exactly the same criteria, do you get a new result list, or a result generated X minutes ago?
That is my problem: a new query works just fine, but when I repaet the search with the same criteria it comes up with the result list generated the first time, instead of an updated.

Yasmine
Apr 9th, 2007, 03:08 PM
well if you just copy and paste the search with the ID I suppose it'll be performed exactly like the first one (meaning same date/time of search). Do you do that or reenter the criteria all over again?

Yasmine
Apr 9th, 2007, 03:10 PM
What I mean is that if you copy the search page again it'll come up as exactly the same. So even if you do the same search at a different time/date the search ID will be different.

Rix643
Apr 9th, 2007, 06:38 PM
I reenter the criteria all over again, but still get an old search in return, with the same search-id.
For instance, when I search for all posts by Miffedmax; posted 2 weeks or newer;show as post and all the criteria reentered again, I always get search-id 730965 in return, now generated 33256 minutes ago..

Rix643
Jun 2nd, 2007, 08:12 AM
Everyone is experiencing problems with various fonctions on the board at the moment, including the mods/admins. So if there was a solution to your problem someone would have replied already;) Just a bit of patience... Let us know if it gets better or not.

Problem seems to be solved. Thank you all very much for your support and help.

Regards, Rick.