PDA

View Full Version : Anna's post Miami schedule

cosmoose
Mar 26th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Is Anna going home after Miami?
She isn't listed for Amelia Island or Charleston.
I can understand skipping Amelia Island but skipping Tier 1 Charleston seems like a mistake.

Wintermute
Mar 26th, 2007, 07:55 PM
This is the same as Anna did last year. She took a nice break and didn't play again until Warsaw. I don't necessarily think it's a bad idea. Anna has generally chosen a really decent schedule.

Anyway, there's a chance that she'll get selected for the Fed Cup tie in three weeks against Spain (although it's on clay and she might not actually play a match).

Spiritof42
Mar 27th, 2007, 12:58 AM
This is the same as Anna did last year. She took a nice break and didn't play again until Warsaw. I don't necessarily think it's a bad idea. Anna has generally chosen a really decent schedule.
Hopefully, she'll take advantage of that break to write more diary entries for us! ;)

Wintermute
Mar 29th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Mandy from the Cocktail Party says she read on Dutch teletext that Anna will be playing Rosmalen this year. That means no Eastbourne. However, it might also mean no Birmingham which would suck because I was gonna go to that.

I don't know how much to believe it though - didn't Anna say she didn't want to play a tournament the week before a Grand Slam? Or doesn't that apply for Wimbledon because the grass court season is so short?