PDA

View Full Version : LINDSAY ANSWERED MY QUESTION!!

Kelly
Jun 27th, 2002, 04:21 PM
hi guys:wavey:

managed to get to the chat afterall.....well ok...i phoned in sick...i am genuinly ill:)

my question was

you have so many fans worldwide, how does that make you feel and do u have a message for your fans...we have missed you so much!

and she replyed...

Thanks Kelly. its definatly no natural being recognised wherever you go. i have missed competing iin tournements in front of my fans.

i am so happy now:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Lindsayfan
Jun 27th, 2002, 04:35 PM
Kelly,please can u post here a transcript of chat?if not,at least tell us all things you remember she said!
thanks a lot! :)

joaco
Jun 27th, 2002, 05:01 PM
how did you manage to get in!? What page did you have to get in order to get in the chat!?
Congrats Kelly, so happy for you!!!

Joaco

Jordan.
Jun 27th, 2002, 11:29 PM
it was chaos in there.....:sad:

Leo7
Jun 28th, 2002, 01:57 AM
Chat with Lindsay Davenport (June 27th, 2002)

Nickname Message

LDavenport HI Everybody!
Gari Hi Lindsay, My name is Gary from upstate NY, big fan I hope your recovery is going well. My question is will you be playing the NY Buzz tournament in Central Park next month?
LDavenport Hi Gary, I am coming back from my injury to play 2 team tennis matches. One in Hartford Connecticut and the next one will be the Ny Buzz
tennisfan02 How's the knee? Have you been able to work out and how do you feel shape wise?
LDavenport I was able to hit tennis balls again in late April and I am now 100% on the court and I have been working out a lot and I feel really ready to be back on the Tour.
Itchy Linds, Do you agree that the Williams sisters will dominate for years? Or do you see or predict a change when you and Martina return?
LDavenport I have no idea about what to expect for myself but I hope to do well. The Williams sisters have been doing very well and it's going to be hard to knock them fom the top.
linds_1 hi lindsay - you are the best! we have missed you - what have you missed most being away from tennis with your injury?
LDavenport I think I have missed the most the Grand Slams and be able to play and win big tournaments. I missed seeing my fans and playing in front of the crowd on the Tour. Definately.
PeteRules Do you have any tips for younger tennis players who want to gain experience and get better?
LDavenport Obviously it takes a lot of practise but it also takes enjoyement and you have found out there why you are practising.
kaarolcia Which surface do you like to play on the most? Which is the easiest for you?
LDavenport I think hard court. I grew up on hard court in California and it feels very natural for me, but also indoors wher I got I think my best results.
timw How much time a day do you spend on practice of specific strokes and how much on practice match play
LDavenport Well it has been different since I have come back from my surgery. Recently we have been 2 hours practising drills and 1 hour odf match play or points.
Hi Hi Lindsay, I always appreciate your comments on women's tennis? When you are done with your career, do you have any aspirations to become a tennis commentator?
LDavenport I am not sure yet. I definately enjoy watching tennis and commentating and I think I have a good eyes for that but first I think I will start a family, have kids.
Itchy Lindsay, I'm sure you've been watching the tennis tourneys..who are you impressed with as a newcomer with potential?
LDavenport I have not seen much of tennis in the past 8 months so I don't really know in terms of new comers but I will say Hantuchova.
daniel Lindsay, do you believe that changes to the rules should be introduced to make the game more evened or competitive? If so, what changes would you propose?
LDavenport Well I like the way Women's tennis has gone the last couple of years and I would not do any changes right now. ON the Men's side something to make the serve less dominant could be a good thing.
RickL Hi Lindsay, Everyone is looking forward to your return. Is there a good thing you can take from such a long layoff like life perspective or something intangible?
LDavenport I definately the long way out will definately help me to play longer. It has been very very nice to spend time with my family but I definately miss tennis and competition.
vicky Isn't it getting boring to travel around the world to play against the same players over and over again ?
LDavenport That's the exciting part Vicky. You need to figure out how to play well against the same opponents depending of the surface, your health conditions, the weather. That's the real challenge.
HKG who is the player that you are most afraid of?
LDavenport Well I think the most difficult opponents at the moment have to be the Williams sisters. Since I have been off the Tour they have seemed to win every thing.
Michelle what would u consider the greatest aspect of your game?
LDavenport I think my ground strokes and my serve and the power I have to hit the balls with.
Ken Hello Lindsay! What do you think of your character in the Sega Video Game "power Smash" (others include venus,Serena,Monica etc) Have you tried it?
LDavenport No I have not seen it and not played these kind of games in years but I have heard it's very life like.
PeteRules Did you play any other sports when you were younger?
LDavenport I swam and played soccer.
ronaldinho you seem to me a top class person as well as a player - have you thought of a second carrer already after retiring from the game of tennis?
LDavenport NOt yet I am still focusing on my tennis career and I will see what to do when I will be done.
linds_1 hi lindsay - who do you most admire in tennis history?
LDavenport I would have to probably say Steffi Graf. She won so many Grand Slams titles on all different surfaces and her quite plan was perfect when she was still on top.
kelly you have so many fans worldwide, how does that make you feel and do u have a message for all ur fans...we have missed you so much!!!
LDavenport Thanks Kelly. It's definately not natural being recognised where ever you go. I have missed competiting in tournaments in front of my fans.
tennisfan02 What do you think about the current state of US Juniors Tennis? Do you see any one on the horizon?
LDavenport I have seen no Juniors tennis for years so I really no idea what will be the future in terms of US Juniors Tennis.
linds_1 hi lindsay - if you could choose the winner of saturday's ladies final, who would it be and why?
LDavenport Well I think it's going to be very hard to stop Venus. She won 2 years in a row however Serena could give her a good challenge. But I don't see anybody else giving them a good challenge.
Michelle Are you a big Lakers fan? i saw you on t.v. at a Lakers game. which other team do you like?
LDavenport I am a huge Lakers fan and I go to many games. They are my favourite team in Basket ball for sure.
linds_1 hi lindsay - do you use the computer regularly, and are you aware of several fan sites on your behalf?
LDavenport I try to go on line a couple of times per week and it's very nice having many websites from my fans. Last question, please.
tennisahlica lindsay? what do you think of the poor tennis covereage in the US by the networks? It always takes second place to other sports. There have been talks of doing deals with a major network, do you think this would encourage viewership and increase the sports popularity with the mass?
LDavenport Well I think it's very difficult in the US because there are so many sports which are very popular to the public. Obviously a better coverage on the major networks will help.
Thanks a lot Lindsay
LDavenport Thank you everyone and I appreciate your support and I will be back for my first event for the Fed Cup in July and I look forward to seeing all of you very soon.
i didn't actually get to ask a question to Lindsay but i found this chat on another tennis site. isn't it great?! i'm so glad that Linzi is so committed to tennis, that she is feeling 100% on the court and is finally healthy again, and that her fave b-ball team (the Lakers) won. i'm from NJ so i was sad to see the Nets lose so damn badly, but i'm happy b/c Linzi is happy. and i would LOVE for Lindsay to become a commentator after she retires, that'd be so great! :bounce:

and she said she swam and played soccer when she was young, but i was surprised that she didn't play much volleyball. weren't her parents great volleyball players?

she says that she wants to start a family and have kids, and i heard that she has a boyfriend, but i don't know anything about him. has anyone seen this boyfriend? what is he like?

vicki
Jun 28th, 2002, 05:41 AM
Hey Kelly, congratulation!!:D :D

and Leo7, Lindsay's boyfriend is Jon Leach, who taller than Lindsay!!! :D

here's his photo with lindsay:

/from Lindsayfan/

vicki
Jun 28th, 2002, 05:43 AM
and alone:

Leo7
Jun 28th, 2002, 01:13 PM
thx vicki!

QUEENLINDSAY
Jun 28th, 2002, 03:43 PM
GREAT!!!!! She is 100% ready!!!!!!!

COME ON LINDSAY!!!! BEAT THEM ALL!!!

joaco
Jun 28th, 2002, 09:25 PM
LOVE YOU SO MUCH LINDSAY!!!
Cant' wait to see you back!
You're the greatest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great interview, thanks for posting it Leo!

Joaco:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

jacs
Jun 29th, 2002, 08:08 AM
she didnt even take a look at my question :sad:

c2
Jul 1st, 2002, 04:42 PM
Thanks for posting this@!! :)