PDA

View Full Version : Let us face it: the real problem with Clijsters.

gopher
Jun 27th, 2002, 02:39 PM
Motivation that is what is lacking. When you are number 5 in the world and you set yourself a target of being in the top 10 at the end of the year, that is dramatic.
Arm or no arm, she looks overweight and bored. Before the match, I was 95% sure she would not get past Likhovtseva.

Maes clearly knew it was the right time to quit.

Things have maybe been too easy for her so far.

gokimmie
Jun 27th, 2002, 03:23 PM
omg you have such tennis knowledge,you should apply as her coach!!!!!!I'm sure Lei would make you a great offer!

KaseyL
Jun 27th, 2002, 03:27 PM
Spot on Eva!;) :kiss:

Cilla
Jun 27th, 2002, 03:40 PM
Lacking motivation, bored, overweight:rolleyes: I think you need to open your eyes more. This isn't a bashing thread by the way:rolleyes:

per4ever
Jun 27th, 2002, 03:42 PM
gopher..I think you are belgian..but you really should start following tennis a bit better. Kim lacking motivation..lmao..I can't think of a better explanation :rolleyes:

advice: try to watch some more tennis ;)

Brαm
Jun 27th, 2002, 04:34 PM
Gosh, Gopher aren't you a true mister optimiste!!

Why do you go in every thread to bash your "faves"? After RG, you were the only one who started "how the belgian were crap at RG" threads!! What kind of fan are you? 1 slump and you start bashing Kim! She's fat, bored with herself and her game etc. How would you know!?! Do you put her on the scales every morning? She doesn't look overweight to the other ppl does she?

Find some other fave to bash will you?

KaseyL
Jun 27th, 2002, 04:36 PM
Okay, here's what I wrote in the other thread in the CC'Lounge.

Special recommendation for certain people posting here in all the CCL threads!

Kim is still fighting off an injury, her health problems aren't solved yet, so this isn't really a total surprise. She fought well during the match, I have seen some fists and all, so she was really trying but couldn't conclude when it mattered.

I think it's time for her to reconsider her medical options, even taking a time out to heal, if that would be the best for her, and sort out all that needs to be sorted out, whatever that might be.

Whatever she decides the coming weeks, all Kim fans will support her and won't start silly talking about her being overrated, overweight, and what else of nonsense sometimes can be read on the boards. :rolleyes:

Kim, take care of yourself!!! Wish you all the best!

and three :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: for a total recovery!

angele87
Jun 27th, 2002, 05:42 PM
gopher I'm fairly certain I speak for all *real* Kim fans when I say just please leave! This is not a forum to bash Kim!!

per4ever
Jun 27th, 2002, 05:46 PM
KaseyL...I do have to admit that I don't agree with you. Watching her play, I think she doesn't have any physical problems.

I think it's something mental, may be things aren't going well with Lleyton, may be there are other problems, who knows... but to me it looks like she's not very happy...

KaseyL
Jun 27th, 2002, 07:02 PM
Per, Kim says herself that she is still troubled by her injury.

But I do agree with you that there might be other causes too, that's why I also wrote "sort out all that needs to be sorted out, whatever that might be."

And you're right that she doesn't look that happy at all.

We don't know the nature of these possible other causes of course, but I hope and trust she can overcome whatever is bothering her.

She deserves it!

per4ever
Jun 27th, 2002, 07:54 PM
KaseyL...I know what she said. But honestly, I think it's not bad at all. Of course she can talk about the injury, but she would never mention her mental problems. I think the injury might bother her a lil..but I bet it's something else that's causing this.

saar
Jun 27th, 2002, 07:59 PM
I really don't think you can say Kim is bored or overweight..
as she says herself the biggest problem is that she lacks match rithm...because of the problems with her shoulder.
gopher, if you're such a pessimist... you should read what Kim says instead of making things up...

arn
Jun 27th, 2002, 08:46 PM
I agreed it's rather stupid to bash Kim. To me you (gopher) are the sort of fan that' s happy when everything goes right (WE have won), but starts bashing when things go the other way (THEY lost).

IMO, She's NOT overweight but you can't play tennis as a top-10-er when you only practise 1.5 hours a day! certainly when you are used to hitting close to the lines! Give her a break, this is one tough year, it's not the end of her career!

Mazza
Jun 27th, 2002, 09:19 PM
I agree with what everyone has said, and I have to say I agree with joy that she does look thinner but as for her mental problems, prahaps the fact that she can't go out and pratice for as long as she'd like and having to do more gym work to build up the muscles around her arm must get her down a bit as she would not of wanted it to be this way and would rather spend more time doing work on the court and therefore it may be making her feel down and also with the injury, prahaps it is having an effect on her confidance. But Kim will pull through it and once she has ajusted Im sure her confidence will grow again :) I doubt she is having problems off the court with Lleyton as if she was, I don't think she would of talked about Lleyton openly like she did the other day.

But all the best to Kim :) Get yourself well and most importantly, Happy :) :kiss:

KaseyL
Jun 27th, 2002, 09:20 PM
second that Arn! Think she will struggle (through pain and/or lack of practise and match rhythm) as long as her health isn't 100% as it used to be.

And welcome Saar and Joy!:wavey:

ßcoene
Jun 27th, 2002, 11:11 PM
Yes I think she's demotivated but she's not overweight. She's demotivated I think because she knows she can't practice 100% and the result is that she isn't playing 100% in her matches. There is not much she can do about it because she has to rest enough for her arm and she has to do boring exercises. If I were in her place I would be demotivated that's sure. She loves playing tennis but now she can't be at her best.

angele87
Jun 28th, 2002, 01:18 AM
Hi joy :wavey: I like you, you seem really smart and have a good perspective on things :D

Cassius
Jun 28th, 2002, 01:29 AM
She's going through a slump that alot of players do after their break-through year. Simple as.
Elena Dementieva went through a monumental slump from the very beginning of 2001 all the way through until a couple of weeks ago.
It's hard for a young girl like Kim or Elena to juggle the various things, like pressure of being a top player, and the pressure from the media, and the pressure of having a boyfriend, and the pressure from parents, and ALL the other pressures of simply being a young girl in a very big and harsh world.
When they go into a slump, people should cut Kim and Elena etc. some slack.
They're only young.
They're only human.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 28th, 2002, 01:44 AM
Kim had a bad day, give her a break she's only human. No one can be on all the time all year round. Witness Martina at wimbledon 2001 and Venus at the French 2001. Upsets happen, thats why there is a word for it.

Come-on-kim
Jun 28th, 2002, 07:50 AM
This is what I'm thinking :

1) Kim is scared about her injury => she tried to make the points very quickly!!!

2) As of her injury, she hasn't got any match rythm, so it's difficult to fininsh points without any good enought rythm!!

3) As of her injury, she hasn't got a lot of confidence => what she could do last year (finishing points very quickly) she can't do it right now!!!!

So, it's a spiral!!!!

=> she needs to gain match rythm and confidence back!!!!

Katrien
Jun 28th, 2002, 09:53 AM
Give the girl a break.
She's got shoulder and arm problems. So she can't practice as often and as intense as she would like to. When she has to play matches, she holds back, afraid that her injury would get worse. Carl Maes quit just before the beginning of the Championships. That is not an ideal situation, but she has to deal with it. And she will. She just needs a little time and plenty of rest.
Get well soon, Kim !

Miriam Mc Keith
Jun 28th, 2002, 07:35 PM
When you get to No5 in the world, you're not going to say "right, I've achieved everything" and give up. IMO, motivation is NOT a problem. But she mentioned in one of her recent (Wimbledon) interviews that cos (before her injury) she's always been a player who spends more time on the court than in the gym, it's been a big adjustment to make now that her training schedule is so limited and she spends much more time in the gym than she used to. In light of that, plus with the difficulty of finding her match rhythm, I think everyone should lay off her for a bit!
PS I love these smilies! :wavey:

irma
Jun 29th, 2002, 08:48 AM
If Kim has a virus with makes her tired soon in matches then it has nothing to do with demotivation!
It's something she can't help, I just hope they find the solution for it soon :sad:

saarke_
Jul 5th, 2002, 06:28 PM
What's the problem with Kim lately?? She isn't doing well and she loses a lot......

I hope that the problems with her arm will heal soon!!

She's my favorite player and I hope that she will win a grand- slam one day....:D :) :wavey: :wavey:

I only 1 thing to say: GO KIM, I know you can do it!!!!!!:wavey: :wavey: :bounce: :bounce: :wavey: :wavey:

Majo
Jul 8th, 2002, 06:35 PM
oh, come on man! why aren't you proud of her? kim's the most motivated player on the circuit right now; Can't you understand she may be injured for life if she keeps forcing her arm???
And I really don't think she's overweight, have you seen her muscles, man? I would like to see you play a match against her... lets see who has the last laugh!
You may have lost your confidance in kim, but I know a lot of people who still believe in her! you're on your own man!

greetz, Marjolein