PDA

View Full Version : Dokic's Domain forum suggestions

Erika_Angel
Mar 19th, 2007, 06:27 AM
Hi everybody!

OK. So a few people have put forward the suggestion of wanting a more 'fan club' type style of forum for Jelena.

So far we really just have a forum and post a lot of random threads in it ;)
We don't have a moderator or anything like that, so it is hard to start any type of community.

There are a few player board's on here which have real communities such as the Cocktail Party (Hanutchova), The Siberian Siren (Sharapova) etc.

While it may be difficult not having as many resources in terms of photos and videos of Jelena at the moment, we can still support her by having a moderated fan forum.

Some thread ideas could be:

An introduction thread
Registration thread (Where fans add a certain phrase to their sig to show support. Similar to the 'golden girl' or the 'royal court')
Off topic thread
Pics thread (off court and on court) for 2007 (if we ever get any lol)
Fav pics from her career.
New threads for each event to discuss results, draws etc.
A thread for commitments, schedules.

If anyone has any other ideas feel free to discuss them.

Mr.Kardashian
Mar 19th, 2007, 07:55 AM
sounds like a great idea!

Kim.C.Fan
Mar 19th, 2007, 08:00 AM
I think this is a great idea. Put the introduction thread and other important threads as stickys and then just create the other threads.

I can't think of a phrase to put in our sigs yet. I have thought of a few but they all suck. :lol:

Mr.Kardashian
Mar 19th, 2007, 09:50 AM
yeah i thought of a few... but they sound so lame!

Just Do It
Mar 19th, 2007, 11:44 AM
New threads for each event to discuss results, draws etc.

I still think we should have one cheering thread, which is going to be updated ... like in Jelena Jankovic's subforum ;)

Mattographer
Mar 19th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Feel free to PM me and I'll make these threads as sticky.

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 19th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Great idea. :)

Anyone got suggestions for what the sig phrase should be? :p I cant think of anything. :o

Just Do It
Mar 19th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Maybe something with Jelly ? :unsure:

I can open Jelena Dokic cheering thread, so Alex can make it "important" ! I'll be updating it after every Jelena's match

Is it ok ?

Erika_Angel
Mar 19th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Maybe something with Jelly ? :unsure:

I can open Jelena Dokic cheering thread, so Alex can make it "important" ! I'll be updating it after every Jelena's match

Is it ok ?

I don't know if a cheering thread is needed for an 'important' topic.

Perhaps an introduction thread and a registration thread would be better topics to have as important.

I do have to say though that I prefer having seperate threads for new tournaments. One big thread is likely to get confusing with so many pages. It would be difficult to find old results or the posts of a particular topic + we would have to rely on the same poster to constantly update the title of the thread.

I'm not sure how the Jankovic forum works but most other player forums have new threads for each event. What does everyone else think on this?

Just Do It
Mar 19th, 2007, 10:24 PM
I don't know if a cheering thread is needed for an 'important' topic.

Perhaps an introduction thread and a registration thread would be better topics to have as important.

I do have to say though that I prefer having seperate threads for new tournaments. One big thread is likely to get confusing with so many pages. It would be difficult to find old results or the posts of a particular topic + we would have to rely on the same poster to constantly update the title of the thread.

I'm not sure how the Jankovic forum works but most other player forums have new threads for each event. What does everyone else think on this?

Well i dont know, majority should decide .... I prefer one big cheering thread but separate threads are also okay :)

Dokic Pierce
Mar 20th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Great idea! :D but definately prefer seperate threads for each tournament, much easier to navigate etc - if you have been offline for a while, it is so frustrating trying to remember what page you were last on to keep up to date!

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 20th, 2007, 01:58 AM
I say seperate threads for each event.

NyCPsU
Mar 20th, 2007, 02:27 AM
great job erika :worship: never really was a jelena fan but i support her comeback :hug:

now everyone listen to erika or else :armed: :p

and i would definitely suggest you guys using seperate threads for each event...thats what we do at the cocktail party(danka's forum) and it works really well :D

Mr.Kardashian
Mar 20th, 2007, 03:50 AM
separate threads for different events sounds good... easier to navigate/find things

Golovinjured.
Aug 3rd, 2008, 03:17 AM
Who reckons we should clean up Jelena's forum a bit.

Don't Knock The Dok needs to be sticky-fied, and everyone needs it in there sig :drool:

Just Do It
Aug 3rd, 2008, 09:54 AM
^ Starting from you.

vutt
Aug 3rd, 2008, 01:27 PM
I'm not big fan of over-moderation tbh.
From my experience over past 6 years here we have done rather well without hyperactive mods.
Pics, vids, ranking, schedule, separate tournaments threads is nothing new to Dokic domain.

Besides your rolemodel 'Cocktail Party' forum have been trough rather turbulent past with mods. There was once one no.1 fan called Grahamd or something...

Having said all that I admit that couple of stickies would not hurt indeed ;)

King Aaron
Aug 3rd, 2008, 04:53 PM
I don't think this forum was very active even when Jelena was having a lot of success back in 2001-2002. Don't think much needs to be changed, we're doing fine now anyway. :p