PDA

View Full Version : Mary beats Sandrine...

bilal
Jun 26th, 2002, 01:08 PM
....6-3,6-4, in a great display of power tennis!

WOOHOOO MARY!!!!

saby
Jun 26th, 2002, 01:16 PM
6 -1

YES YES YES

SHE'S GOT THE POWER

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Mary Pierce
Jun 26th, 2002, 01:23 PM
GO MARY!!! :bounce:

Mark Spruce
Jun 26th, 2002, 01:24 PM
WELL DONE MARY !!!!!!!!!!!

YPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

regards

Mark

Scotso
Jun 26th, 2002, 01:32 PM
Congrats Mary :D

bilal
Jun 26th, 2002, 01:41 PM
MelissaTorresFan
Must've been a difficult match for you...

Scotso
Jun 26th, 2002, 02:50 PM
Yes it was.

Mark Spruce
Jun 26th, 2002, 03:53 PM
Wednesday, 26 June, 2002, 13:25 GMT 14:25 UK
Testud falls to Pierce

Testud struggled against Pierce's power and range

Sandrine Testud became the highest women's seed to crash out of Wimbledon as she suffered a straight sets defeat by Mary Pierce in Wednesday's second round.

The eighth seed was beaten 6-3 6-4 by a business-like Pierce showing her best form at the championships since 1999.

Pierce kept her French compatriot and close friend waiting for her arrival on court 18 but then wasted little time in setting about a ruthless demolition job.

There was no sign of the back and ankle injuries that have plagued her for a year as the world number 74 broke in Testud's first service game and proceeded to tease her 30-year-old opponent almost at will.

Pierce, a quarter-finalist at this year's French Open, mixed delightful drop shots with some devastating hitting from the back of the court to set up a third round meeting with Laura Granville of the United States.

regards

Mark

saby
Jun 26th, 2002, 05:11 PM
Hi guys,

I saw the match this afertnoon and I would like to share my joy to see Mary played like this.

First set

0.1 Mary launch a forehand missile, Sandrine was stucked on the ground, she just could watch the ball !!! and ..... 0.2 for Mary :bounce:

0.3 Sandrine served, the ball made a strange rebond, Mary tried to hit the ball but missed and once again she was laughing because she missed the point :eek:

During all the first set Mary won 99% of her net point, she made Sandrine run from back line to the net (Sandrine was not very happy about that) :mad:

3.5 - 30.40 Sandrine came close to the net, hit a forehand, Mary was there !! and launch a backhand, the ball touched the net, Sandrine missed and :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: 3.6

Mary apologized for set point :cool:

Second set

1.1 Mary has a break 1.2 :p

2.4 Mary had several break points but could won them :sad:

During this set Mary made a run and almost hit the camera, (the camera guy had to back up) !!

Mary missed one shot, she was close to the micro so everybody could hear Mary saying "Oh man"!!!

4.5 - Sandrine hit to hard, OUT !!!!

3.6 4.6 Mary is in third round

It was a great match, Mary hit the ball very hard and very heavy.
You could hear differences of ball's noise when Mary and Sandrine was hitting. The sound was heavier for Mary.

She was concentred, she had patience and serenity, french commentators was suprised by Mary attitude, "it's like at RG, she seems to play same way"

Mark Spruce
Jun 26th, 2002, 05:21 PM
Thanks so much for your report. Is it Ok ifi put it on a yahoo club site for Mary.

take care

Mark

MissTennisFan
Jun 26th, 2002, 05:26 PM
Great win for Mary! Hope they actually post the press conference transcript this time!

Saby, did you watch the match on Pathé or something?

Mark Spruce
Jun 26th, 2002, 05:33 PM
Pierce too good for Testud

Ronald Atkin

Wednesday, June 26, 2002

The all-French women's second round match between Sandrine Testud and Mary Pierce saw the eighth-seeded Testud defeated in straight sets in one hour nine minutes, 6-3, 6-4.

Pierce, who has now won six of her seven matches against Testud, was in commanding form with her hard, accurate hitting.

The result officially counts as an upset but in reality Pierce has been much the more successful of the two, winning two Grand Slams and 13 other titles compared with Testud's three titles. Pierce's current ranking outside the top 50 is due to the fact that she missed seven months last year with a back injury and has been battling ever since to get back into the top flight.

Pierce got away to an encouraging start by winning the first three games and she had no trouble protecting that lead long enough to wrap up the opening set in 30 minutes, despite the fact that Testud served five aces.

It was also a single break of serve that sufficed to underline Pierce's superiority in the second set, as she continued to go for the corners and the lines, stretching Testud to the limit. Pierce's service break came in the third game and she had two more break points for a 5-2 lead, only to be denied by some brave play from her compatriot. But when she served for the match, Pierce made no mistake, getting to match point with a majestic forehand and then seeing Testud strike a service return out of court.

__________________________________________________ _

regards

Mark

saby
Jun 26th, 2002, 05:51 PM
Miss tennisfan,

Yes the match was on pathe sport, on the TV guide it was at 14.00 but I taped it at 13.00 because I knew Mary was playing at that time, and I got it !!! I'm too good :cool: ;)

Mark,

You can post it on Yahoo no problem :wavey:

MissTennisFan
Jun 26th, 2002, 06:02 PM
wow cool Saby... it's too bad Pathé Sport is the only channel to cover Wimbledon around here... I hope I can catch an interview on some tv channel tonight...

Mark Spruce
Jun 26th, 2002, 08:09 PM
Hello Saby,

Thank you so very much. Well as normal no Mary Interview on the site. This is PIS***G me of BIG TIME. Jelena played much later in the day and her Interview is up :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

regards

Mark

saby
Jun 26th, 2002, 08:36 PM
I'm getting use to it

well maybe at least they didn't forget to program Mary's ITW like 2 or 3 years ago :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

I can't believe they forgot her, god they are stupid !!

Did you guys knew about that?

:fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Mark Spruce
Jun 27th, 2002, 04:02 AM
NOPE

regards

Mark

MissTennisFan
Jun 27th, 2002, 05:53 AM
How did that happen Saby?

HugeMaryFan
Jun 27th, 2002, 12:11 PM
Well done Mary - I saw the match and she was great
Good luck in the doubles and next round!!

saby
Jun 27th, 2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by MissTennisFan
How did that happen Saby?

I don't really know how it happened but Mary lost, second round I think and she went to do the ITW but the wimbledon staff had forgot to program a room for ITW. Journalists were not there (no room programmed) :eek:

I can't believe it, at least you can forget a player who is ranking 300 but a top ten player :rolleyes:

They are pretty good :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MissTennisFan
Jun 27th, 2002, 06:12 PM
I am very disappointed to see that there is still no transcript on the site. I have sent them a message regarding this issue, but they obviously aren't doing anything about it. I think Mary was so right in the comments she made a couple of years ago about Wimbledon.

Leo7
Jun 28th, 2002, 01:35 AM
well Mary has her TOP 10 win now. Allez, Mary! keep on kicking some ass on the grass!

so, do you think Laura Granville will challenge her? and if Pierce makes it through, can she beat Amelie/Anastasia? she has already surpassed my expectations and i am very happy to see the French hottie in the 3rd round!

Mark Spruce
Jun 28th, 2002, 03:07 AM
MissTennisFan

This why I hate Wimbledon so much. They seem to favour all the top players and players that make a name for them selfs. I just hope that maybe after Mary's third match there will be an interview.

I have mailed them a few times and have had no reply.

regards

Mark

MissTennisFan
Jun 28th, 2002, 05:18 PM
Mark,

I have also sent them a few comments, and will continue to do so if they don't start reacting... they're really not very fan-friendly these people!

It's too bad Mary lost to Granville. Overall, she's had an ok run though.

Go Mary!

saby
Jun 28th, 2002, 05:29 PM
I just hope that this is not about "France vs England" stupid rivality :fiery:

:fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Mark Spruce
Jun 29th, 2002, 04:24 AM
I just do not get Wimbledon at all. They really do dissapoint me allot in their attituded.

Well Mary is not a grass court player, and as Saby has said somewhere, she has not played on grass for 2 years.

WELL DONE MARY

take care

mark

MissTennisFan
Jun 29th, 2002, 08:34 AM
Man I am in disbelief! They actually have a transcript of Granville's press conference, but they don't have one of Mary's... now how does that make sense??

Mark Spruce
Jun 29th, 2002, 07:02 PM
Wimbledon just get me mad. :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

I just do not get it at all. I wish they had a complaints section.

As I am sure it would be flooded with Mary fans complaints

regards

Mark

MissTennisFan
Jun 29th, 2002, 09:29 PM
Well I know I have sent a number of complaints, but I guess user opinions just don't rate very high on their priority list...

Mark Spruce
Jun 29th, 2002, 10:21 PM
I guess So. Which makes me so mad !!:fiery:

regards

Mark