PDA

View Full Version : Do you remember Dominique Monami ?

Manard
Mar 8th, 2007, 04:08 PM
I miss her. She was so cute and ... she stayed so...

Look at this pic taken 3 months ago.:D 46991

stefi62
Mar 8th, 2007, 04:23 PM
She's also called Dominique Van Roost, right?
I remember her from the final against Mary Pierce at Paris-GDF 1998. Nice game. she hasn't changed a bit from the picture you posted! :D

MatchpointPRT
Mar 8th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Sure i remember to see her in 2 matches, against Capriati i dont know where and the other against Lindsay in the French open. She was really happy because it was the day of her birthday when she beat Lindsay... good gift, but poor Lindsay, she was injured...

Monica_Rules
Mar 8th, 2007, 04:34 PM
I remember when she beat Davenport twice in a row around the time her mum was really ill.

John.
Mar 8th, 2007, 04:34 PM
I miss her. She was so cute and ... she stayed so...

Look at this pic taken 3 months ago.:D 46991

:eek: She's either very cold or very excited in that pic :lol:

I remember Dominique Van Roost (Monami)

I remember she had a great win against ASV at AO in 97, and also she beat Davenport at RG 2000 in 1R :fiery:

I think the Lindsay match was her first match back after the death of her mother :hug:

arn
Mar 8th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Dominique :hearts: I would give up Justine and Kim to have her back :tape: :eek: ;)

papru
Mar 8th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Dominique :inlove:

I remember her match in Eastbourne against Lindsay which she won :D

and she was crying so match after that since it was after her grandma(?) died... that's wo so overwhelmig :)

gmak
Mar 8th, 2007, 06:12 PM
awww Domi :hug: :hearts: :kiss: :worship:
one of my all-time-faves
if only she came back :)

i remember her last year on tour (2000) where she had devastating losses in all 4 slams :sad:

her first breakthrough was beating #2 seed ASV at the 1997 AO
after being 2-5 down in the 3rd :worship: she also beat #15 Chanda Rubin in the next round ;)

but her win over Lindsay stands out...
yes Lindsay was injured but Domi had to play through the death of her mother :sad:

Joana
Mar 8th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Go Dominique!

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 8th, 2007, 06:25 PM
how can you forget Dominique :drool:

jazar
Mar 8th, 2007, 06:26 PM
i remember her well

pigam
Mar 8th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Ye si do ;) She was a hige fav of mine. but now I would never give Justine up for her ;) :p

Oh and, I think there must be a special thread for THAT (.) (.) particular photo of Domi ;)

Kworb
Mar 8th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Didn't she grunt like Seles?

janko
Mar 8th, 2007, 08:29 PM
First Belgian player to ever break the top 10:worship: and a very talented player with wins against Davenport, Sanchez and Hingis when they were at their peak

:bounce:

I'm also missing you Dominique!;)

Allez-H
Mar 8th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Domi, my first tennis-love :hearts:

rightous
Mar 8th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Domi is my fave player of all time, I miss her and her serve!!!lol

Her back to back wins over Venus and Hingis was a highlight, Hingis lost her number 1 ranking because of the defeat. She played brilliantly to beat Lindsay twice in a rwo, just after her mum died. She was the first Belgian to enter the Top 10.

Randy H
Mar 8th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Domi is my fave player of all time, I miss her and her serve!!!lol

Her back to back wins over Venus and Hingis was a highlight, Hingis lost her number 1 ranking because of the defeat. She played brilliantly to beat Lindsay twice in a rwo, just after her mum died. She was the first Belgian to enter the Top 10.

That's the memory that first comes to my mind too, those wins in Filderstadt were not only impressive given the names of whom she beat, but the scores were also impressive (thrashed Venus, and then real close one over Martina) :) Always enjoyed watching her game especially when she was on, she looked so diminuitive but she could hit with anyone :)

GoDominique
Mar 8th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Go Dominique!
I concur.

jelena_jankovic
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:36 PM
I know her quite well, because she played Bundesliga for Rot-Weiss Neu-Isenburg in the 90s, where I started to play tennis...she was such a nice person, really friendly and an amazing backhand...
In Sydney she won the bronze medal with Els Callens!

SeanyQ
Mar 9th, 2007, 07:12 AM
Dominique is my 2nd favourite Belgian player ever, after Sabine Appelmans.
I remember her breakthrough win against Arantxa at the Aus Open 1 year....

New_balls_please
Mar 9th, 2007, 11:23 PM
Domi :hearts: :hearts:

LUXXXAS
Mar 9th, 2007, 11:30 PM
yeah Van Roost..
she kicked Lindsay's ass in the first round of RG 99(?) :fiery:
she was so sweet :kiss:

jujufreak
Mar 10th, 2007, 12:31 AM
:hearts: ah Dominique :hearts:

so gracious, so marvellous, so breathtaking :kiss:

but I wouldn't give up Justine for her ;)

the way Dominique fought against Hopmans, that was inspiring !

raquel
Mar 10th, 2007, 06:07 PM
I know her quite well, because she played Bundesliga for Rot-Weiss Neu-Isenburg in the 90s, where I started to play tennis...she was such a nice person, really friendly and an amazing backhand...
In Sydney she won the bronze medal with Els Callens!I liked Dominique, even though as an ASV fan I always used to dread GS draws coming out and DVR lurking in the last 16 or QF ;) I remember watching her win that bronze with Callens, and whenever she's on Eurosport now she's always respectful of all the players, especially Kim & Justine - unlike Callens, who I went off a bit after with some of her remarks about Justine during that minor controversy a few years ago with the rumours of Justine doping.