PDA

View Full Version : Martina's schedule from March to June 2007

samsam4087
Mar 8th, 2007, 10:41 AM
Below is Martina Navrailova's schedule from March to June:

March 21, 2007 Exhibition of Art Grand Slam opening at Roland Garros. The exhibition will be at the museum on site through the French Open. Paris, France

April 12-14, 2007 31st Annual Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach Pro/Celebrity Race
Long Beach, CA

April 14, 2007 Recipient of the Stephen F. Kolzak Award at the 18th annual GLAAD Media Awards
Kodak Theater
Los Angeles, CA

May 4-6, 2007 Martina will receive the International Role Model Award at the 12th annual Equality Forum
Philadelphia, PA

May 12, 2007 Martina will be honored at NCLR's 30th annual gala where she will receive the Voice and Visibility Award, for demonstrating extraordinary commitment to strengthening and empowering the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community. San Francisco, CA

May 27-June 10, 2007 Commentator at the Roland Garros (French Open) on the Tennis Channel Paris, France

TBA A number of singles exhibition matches with Monica Seles TBA

frontier
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:33 AM
this woman should just go away,we have had too much of her.in the end she will be just a joke.she is trying to capture what was ,nobody really cares she has demanded farewells everywhere.please martina stay gone dont make another comeback.

AnnaK_4ever
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:54 AM
I thought it's Hingis' schedule! :fiery:

Orion
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:14 PM
this woman should just go away,we have had too much of her.in the end she will be just a joke.she is trying to capture what was ,nobody really cares she has demanded farewells everywhere.please martina stay gone dont make another comeback.

I would pay more money to watch Navratilova play a mixed doubles match on an outside court at a 10k tournament than to watch 95% of the current top 100 play on the center court of Wimbledon, so speak for yourself.

Orion
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:15 PM

Seriously, me too. Talk about a tricky title.

In The Zone
Mar 8th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Lol.
I just said to myself.
Since when has Hingis been good to gays?
But it is Navratilova, of course.

cellophane
Mar 8th, 2007, 03:45 PM
How misleading. Thought it was Hingis.

PLP
Mar 8th, 2007, 05:16 PM
That's exciting that she is commentating for RG!

Craigy
Mar 8th, 2007, 05:17 PM

Me too :rolleyes:

frontier
Mar 8th, 2007, 06:41 PM
I would pay more money to watch Navratilova play a mixed doubles match on an outside court at a 10k tournament than to watch 95% of the current top 100 play on the center court of Wimbledon, so speak for yourself.i speak for myself and those who support modern day tennis,there is no space for her in the wta anymore,it was painful to watch when she tried to play singles at wimbledon.she should let us keep the good memories not of a middle aged woman going through mid life crisis.she should play at obscure 10k tourneys where her fans can fester in their nostalgia because wta has moved on.:lol: :rolleyes: :wavey:

Orion
Mar 8th, 2007, 06:55 PM
She didn't just try to play singles at Wimbledon, she reached the 2nd round, schooling a "modern" player in the process (6-0, 6-1). Martina Navratilova IS modern day tennis. Watching her play brings back the good memories, and is proof that supreme athleticism and ability are always good for a few points, regardless of age.

alfonsojose
Mar 8th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Me too :rolleyes:

:lol: so did i :p

Knizzle
Mar 8th, 2007, 07:44 PM
ooooooh, she's commentating for RG. I wish she could hook up with her old TNT partner Zina Garrison.

MisterQ
Mar 8th, 2007, 08:24 PM
I would pay more money to watch Navratilova play a mixed doubles match on an outside court at a 10k tournament than to watch 95% of the current top 100 play on the center court of Wimbledon, so speak for yourself.

Ditto.

:cool:

For all her quirks and controversies...the woman is an athletic and cultural phenomenon who has led an incredible life on and off the court.

samsam4087
Mar 10th, 2007, 01:59 AM
She didn't just try to play singles at Wimbledon, she reached the 2nd round, schooling a "modern" player in the process (6-0, 6-1). Martina Navratilova IS modern day tennis. Watching her play brings back the good memories, and is proof that supreme athleticism and ability are always good for a few points, regardless of age.

Agreed

:D :D :D :D

samsam4087
Mar 24th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Seriously, me too. Talk about a tricky title.

Martina Navratilova is Martina, isn't it?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ToeTag
Mar 24th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Her activities have nothing to do with the wta! Try reading the list again.

pooh14
Mar 24th, 2007, 05:17 PM
lol...i too though hingis..i was wondering why the hell she is playing so many exhibitions..

samsam4087
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:10 AM
lol...i too though hingis..i was wondering why the hell she is playing so many exhibitions..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doublebackhand
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:15 AM
i thought it was hingis's schedule and started wondering whats the original martina's been up to. voila! thanks for posting!