PDA

View Full Version : Nastya Myskina seems to be near retirement

AnnaK_4ever
Mar 8th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Yesterday Myskina was giving interview on NTV+.
And that's what Foot's Fingers writes:

Yesterday i saw Nastya in big abt 1 hrs programm on Russian tennis channel

Looks nicely

In first part she said she wants to return to wta on RG, but she is not still sure cos till that moment she is not training at full [not holding a racquet yet] Only visits gym But she wants to be top 10 again want to win ..... bla bla bla..... BUT seems she is saying such words only cos she needs to say it
Have a feeling that she wants to retire if no good wins to come shortly Looking that she is losing interest in tennis Hope i am wrong

Interview was finished with shock news for me: she is already in negotiations with NTV+ to follow Lina's way and trying to be commentator on tennis channel

I must say I watched it too and pretty much came to the same conclusions like Foot's Fingers did. The only thing I wonder will she even try to return on May?..

jimbo mack
Mar 8th, 2007, 08:39 AM
:sad:

i hope she comes back for 1 more try

ZIZOUILLE
Mar 8th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Nastya please play :sad:

strictennis
Mar 8th, 2007, 08:45 AM
OMG!
I rather have Myskina stay and Clijsters go off into the wilderness now!

Foot's Fingers
Mar 8th, 2007, 08:51 AM
:sad: Yesterday Myskina was giving interview on NTV+.
And that's what Foot's Fingers writes:

I must say I watched it too and pretty much came to the same conclusions like Foot's Fingers did. The only thing I wonder will she even try to return on May?..

omg.....was thinking i am only one who has such feelings

but you sound even more pessemistic

Nastya :sad:

Just Do It
Mar 8th, 2007, 09:15 AM
:bolt: :eek:

stefi62
Mar 8th, 2007, 09:23 AM
No, she can't stop! She'll go through this... :bounce:

Courage, Nastya!!! :fiery:

volta
Mar 8th, 2007, 09:27 AM
omg no :o :sad:

A'DAM
Mar 8th, 2007, 09:27 AM
That would be so sad to loose both Kim and Nastya :(

PAVANILAI
Mar 8th, 2007, 09:29 AM
:sad: omg:sad:

saki
Mar 8th, 2007, 09:45 AM
If they hired her as a commentator, they'd be sued in no time! :haha:

I still think she'll be back on court. Certainly hope so.

Mileen
Mar 8th, 2007, 10:05 AM
I hope she comes back! And if she retires, she will only retire at the end of the year. Nastya, stay for a while!!

Farina Elia Fan
Mar 8th, 2007, 10:15 AM
I sense Nastya wont be retired for long :p

John.
Mar 8th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Please don't retire Nastya :sad:

Come back

frontier
Mar 8th, 2007, 10:42 AM
myskina should come back,her game is so fliud and great to watch.i hope she doesnt retire because she is my favourite of all the russians,followed by chakvetadze.i hope its just a slump and she can rebound during the clay season.she is still young enough to play six more years.

frenchie
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Terrible news!!

Tennis won't be the same for me!
Fortunately I can find an other fave but it won't be the same

what a shitty day!

Frode
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:29 AM
If she does come back it has to be full-heartedly. Is she's just going thru the motions she will stand no chanche to get back to the Top10.

timafi
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:29 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
this is sad if she retires:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
come on Miskina get better:bounce: :bounce:

schorsch
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:50 PM
ahhh, please dont do that. :/ me wants her back.

BARBIE
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Anastasia, no :sad:

miffedmax
Mar 8th, 2007, 01:00 PM
It's Nastya. Nastya, Lord love her, is not always exactly consistent in word and deed.

I love that girl to death, but I take anything she says with an entire mine of salt.

We'll just have to wait and see.

(The bright side for Russian fans is that Nastya could remain more in the public eye as a commentator than if she played and then quit. I bet she'd be hilarious and insightful as a commentator. Of course, that sucks for us who don't watch Russian TV).

Monica_Rules
Mar 8th, 2007, 01:25 PM
I wondered where the hell se was. Not too suprised. But i really enjoye watching her play. The eastbourne final last year was just:eek:

Natarajasana
Mar 8th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Hope to see her back on the tour and playing well soon :)

cypher_88
Mar 8th, 2007, 02:08 PM
nastya :sad: :bigcry: DON'T retire

Vass22
Mar 8th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Please no.

goldenboi356
Mar 8th, 2007, 03:53 PM
everyone i like is going through a life crisis now.

Russian-fan
Mar 8th, 2007, 04:03 PM
I donít believe Nastya retires, but if she does, I think it ok.
Nastya has been travelling 11 months a year every single year since 1998.
If Nastya now wants to live a normal life for a young beautiful girl without travelling around the World "living in a suitcase", I think she deserves it.
Her career prize money is almost 6 million dollars; her commercial incomes must be about 12 million dollars. So why not retire? Why not live a normal life in Moscow?
TV-commentator? Nastya will never be a good TV-commentator. That must be a bad joke. Iím thinking how she manages her press conferences. Nastya as a commentator to live tennis matches? A bad joke.
Btw. Nastya changes her mind all the time. I still believe in her statement from last February about she does a comeback April or May.

Nastya! :kiss: :hearts:

Demska
Mar 8th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Nastya, you can't do that to me.

Just no.

crazillo
Mar 8th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Since 2004 she has been in a downward spiral. I am not sure she coulds come back to top-10 again. Still, it's sad that she could quit the game, though I never really liked her that much.

DOUBLEFIST
Mar 8th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Why wouldn't she comeback. Why is she tired?

Seriously, could someone please tell me her story?

Of the Russians, she is probably my favorite too. (Although I do like the Z woman too, and for some reason, when I think russian I don't think Sharapova.)

Someone please offer a theory.

SpankMe
Mar 8th, 2007, 04:49 PM
If they hired her as a commentator, they'd be sued in no time! :haha:

:lol: :tape:

I hope she does not retire :(

AnnaK_4ever
Mar 8th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Why wouldn't she comeback. Why is she tired?

Seriously, could someone please tell me her story?

Of the Russians, she is probably my favorite too. (Although I do like the Z woman too, and for some reason, when I think russian I don't think Sharapova.)

Someone please offer a theory.

Well, sincerely speaking, Myskina has never considered that promising player in Russia. We've heard a lot about Dementieva, Bovina, Krasnoroutskaya but not about her. Plus, she suffered several injuries in 2000-2001. So her rise in 2002 was a big surprise but even then nobody believed she could achieve something really big. And, imo, she herself didn't expect such successful season of 2004. It was quite a shock for her, I think.
And then of course we should remember her Olympics blow-out that had huge impact on her self-confidence. It destroyed her mentally. She still had good indoor season after Athens but only because she always used to play well on carpet. And her mother's illness in the beginning of 2005 finished her as a top-player completely. From that moment Nastya seems to have lost any kind of motivation and interest for the game. That's it, I think...

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Mar 8th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Life is boring without tennis Nastya .

You'll have 40 years without nothing to do . :yawn:

Russian-fan
Mar 8th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Brilliant way to explain it in a few words, AnnaK_4ever!! ;)

ce
Mar 8th, 2007, 06:37 PM
:sad:

missclaret
Mar 8th, 2007, 07:02 PM
that would be a real shame if myskina retired, she's a great player, i cant believe it. hope she gives it another shot!

missclaret
Mar 8th, 2007, 07:12 PM
i kind of had a bad feeling for myskina when she lost to mauresmo at wimbledon last year, after the match she looked so fed up and down on herself. hardly seen her play since, and her confidence is not there. she is a really gifted player, and was awsome against henin at the eastbourne final last year, but mentally she is all over the place and if the hunger for the game is gone, then i cant see her coming back, if it makes her unhappy then she should just quit, but it makes me sad to say that because she is one of my favourite players.

jazar
Mar 8th, 2007, 07:17 PM
it would be a shame to lose clijsters and myskina in the same year. but she always looked fed up whenever she played and i, for one, won't miss her

goldenlox
Mar 8th, 2007, 07:18 PM
it would be a shame to lose clijsters and myskina in the same year. but she always looked fed up whenever she played and i, for one, won't miss her
That would mean the 2004 and 2005 POY's retire in 2007.

The Daviator
Mar 8th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Nastya :sad:

All my faves are falling apart or giving birth :sad: Except Serena :lol:

LindsayRulz
Mar 8th, 2007, 07:25 PM
:eek:

LondonSteve
Mar 8th, 2007, 07:32 PM
You'd think she was a one Slam wonder who got lucky a few years ago.

Dutglish
Mar 8th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Good grief... First thing I see when I log on after ages in the wilderness (so to say) is this? That's just depressing.

Depressing, however, is probably also how Nastya feels about her situation at the moment. Results on the slide, body working against her, future looking uncertain. I'm with the people who say her motivation is gone and the chance of her returning is looking increasingly slim. Why run the race if you ain't in it, right? If she does decide to call it a day, I'll really mis her, and for all the right reasons, as well as her endearing ability to swear at certain people. :lol: Watching Murray do the same to Gilbert on the men's side just ain't near as much fun ;)

miffedmax
Mar 8th, 2007, 07:39 PM
If Nastya fucking retires, all her fans will have to form a fucking support group. We know we can't count on fucking Jens to be supportive enough.

Man, I fucking miss her already.

piercerocks
Mar 8th, 2007, 07:50 PM
she wont retire.. shes still young.

Dutglish
Mar 8th, 2007, 08:06 PM
If Nastya fucking retires, all her fans will have to form a fucking support group. We know we can't count on fucking Jens to be supportive enough.

Man, I fucking miss her already.

Support group, yes :) It's working wonders for the TOP people (Lindsay fans)

Dexter
Mar 8th, 2007, 08:09 PM
:(.

I hope she plays on clay and in the 2nd half of the year at least.

fammmmedspin
Mar 8th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Whats wrong with her physically at the moment?

In terms of her game I would have thought its encouraging for her that Anna C is doing so well - similar game and Nastya is better at most of it. The top 10 are less consistent than when she was doing well in 2004, the youngsters hit more UE and can't cope with variety and people who gave her trouble are either retiring, of form or not playing that much.

DOUBLEFIST
Mar 8th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Well, sincerely speaking, Myskina has never considered that promising player in Russia. We've heard a lot about Dementieva, Bovina, Krasnoroutskaya but not about her. Plus, she suffered several injuries in 2000-2001. So her rise in 2002 was a big surprise but even then nobody believed she could achieve something really big. And, imo, she herself didn't expect such successful season of 2004. It was quite a shock for her, I think.
And then of course we should remember her Olympics blow-out that had huge impact on her self-confidence. It destroyed her mentally. She still had good indoor season after Athens but only because she always used to play well on carpet. And her mother's illness in the beginning of 2005 finished her as a top-player completely. From that moment Nastya seems to have lost any kind of motivation and interest for the game. That's it, I think...

Thanks. I get it now.

It's a shame, really. I think she is certainly one of the most interesting personalities of the tour, and I think she has much, much more high quality tennis in her.

AnnaK_4ever
Mar 8th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Whats wrong with her physically at the moment?

In terms of her game I would have thought its encouraging for her that Anna C is doing so well - similar game and Nastya is better at most of it. The top 10 are less consistent than when she was doing well in 2004, the youngsters hit more UE and can't cope with variety and people who gave her trouble are either retiring, of form or not playing that much.

Big toe stress fracture.

And one of the myths about her game is that she relies on getting ball back without making errors. In fact she always committed numerous UE but at her best she hit her fair share of winners as well and made opponents try to outhit her from inconvenient positions. Once her confidence is down she is nothing more than unforced errors machine spraying balls all over the place.

SpankMe
Mar 8th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Re: Nastya Myskina seems to be near retirement

I know I'm getting tired now, I just thought the title of this thread said -
"Nastya Myskina never seems to wear underwear"
:tape: :lol:

Kenny
Mar 8th, 2007, 08:56 PM
You know it's really sad.. she has so much talent. If all players that had less talent than her decided they weren't going to play because they weren't winning the matches they felt they were supposed to, then there wouldn't be many players left on tour.

I hope Anastasia gets it to gether and gets the win she needs to keep her on tour. Really, I loved it when she played.

:( Come on, Myskina! :D

mm1147
Mar 9th, 2007, 02:28 AM
i really hate to say this but she does not do anything about it. She is just setting her goals to be in a top ten and winning matches again but where is she? like the interview said shes not holding a racket. Why dont she start training and entering tier 3 tournaments? because if shes expecting to be in the ten pretty soon and just laying there not do about it she is not going anywhere. ACTION SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS

Derek.
Mar 9th, 2007, 02:32 AM
No. :(

LefandePatty
Mar 9th, 2007, 04:51 AM
Noooo :crying2:

mckyle.
Mar 9th, 2007, 04:55 AM
hopefully she will. tired of her drama.

_LuCaS_
Mar 9th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Big toe stress fracture.

Usually docs recommend running on grass or other soft surfaces to help prevent a recurrence.
So, there's hope for Wimbledon ;)

AnnaK_4ever
Mar 9th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Usually docs recommend running on grass or other soft surfaces to help prevent a recurrence.
So, there's hope for Wimbledon ;)

Basically, over the last two years she played good tennis only on grass: Eastbourne' 05 - QF, Wimbledon' 05 - QF, Eastbourne' 06 - F, Wimbledon' 06 - QF; W-L 13-4. She is quick, she hits flat, she is comfortable with low-bouncing balls.
But even if she plays Wimbledon I bet she will run into her nemesis Mauresmo in the very first round :lol:

Hashim.
Mar 9th, 2007, 12:37 PM
don't retire.. i jus don wanna miss 2 of my faves at once..thts gonna be a shock:sad:

ewbangkok
Mar 9th, 2007, 01:44 PM
not yet pls

hablo
Mar 9th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Basically, over the last two years she played good tennis only on grass: Eastbourne' 05 - QF, Wimbledon' 05 - QF, Eastbourne' 06 - F, Wimbledon' 06 - QF; W-L 13-4. She is quick, she hits flat, she is comfortable with low-bouncing balls.
But even if she plays Wimbledon I bet she will run into her nemesis Mauresmo in the very first round :lol:

No please. Not the very first round : that is not good for Mauresmo!

Oh dear, two of my favs after Momo will be retiring soon.

SpankMe
Mar 9th, 2007, 01:56 PM
hopefully she will. tired of her drama.
Aaaashaaadupp! :ras: