PDA

View Full Version : Stosur works with Lindsay's coach in IW

Modiac.
Mar 7th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Sam Stosur has hired Lindsay Davenport's last coach, Adam Peterson, for a two-tournament trial stint in the US, starting with the Indian Wells event in California this week.

Stosur has not ruled out working again with Nicole Bradtke, her coach for the Australian summer, but her manager, Phil Harte, said she wanted to have a coach able to travel to events and also assist her training at her Florida base.

The Australian No.1 last week reconsidered a verbal understanding reached in January with Bradtke that she would travel overseas to a limited number of overseas tournaments this year.

Peterson, an American, worked with Davenport in 2004-2005, when she held the No.1 ranking for a total of 54 weeks, and was rehired late last year after being let go for the 2006 Australian Open.

Stosur's fifth coach since the start of 2006, Peterson indicated he was keen to tour consistently with the world No.27 for the rest of the year.

Sam is very grateful of the support Nicole gave, but when Sam and I spoke about everything from coaching and her finances, we were clear she needed to have a focus in the US because she's there a lot longer than she is in Australia,Harte said.

Sam will see if there is the required chemistry with Adam after the two tournaments.

Harte said Peterson's experience in coaching a former world No.1 made him a good chance to take Stosur into the top 10 this year.

Davenport announced in December that she was pregnant and had no plans to play in 2007.

VenusSerenaBlvd.
Mar 8th, 2007, 01:44 AM
So will Lindsay officially retire? I do want to see Lindsay play again, but it is up to her on what she wants to do.

RJWCapriati
Mar 8th, 2007, 04:47 AM
Davenport is definitely retired...... with a 716-188 record.....why come back, She'll probably officially announce it around Wimbledon/U.S. Open.

Mattographer
Mar 8th, 2007, 05:55 AM
So will Lindsay officially retire? I do want to see Lindsay play again, but it is up to her on what she wants to do.
She already said she have no planning to return again, therefore, she's officially retired.

miss_molik
Mar 8th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Goodluck with it sammy!