PDA

View Full Version : hingis without coach

Ford
Mar 7th, 2007, 02:14 PM
I heard that Hingis trains with hitting partner who is a man. She is without coach. How can Hingis passes QF in every tournament. ?

CiuMH
Mar 7th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Because Hingis is Hingis ;)

Brαm
Mar 7th, 2007, 04:04 PM
I heard that Hingis trains with hitting partner who is a man. She is without coach. How can Hingis passes QF in every tournament. ?
Clijsters does it too...

Ford
Mar 7th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Hingis needs a coach to get better, poor Hingis

lindsayno1
Mar 7th, 2007, 04:17 PM
cos hingis is amazing....

Tenis Srbija
Mar 7th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Jelena Janković didn't have a coach in whole 2006... :shrug:

Frode
Mar 7th, 2007, 04:38 PM
There are always a few players without a coach. I do think a good coach will improve You, now mather who You are.

A Potential
Mar 7th, 2007, 04:41 PM
There are always a few players without a coach. I do think a good coach will improve You, now mather who You are.

Do you have facts to back this theory up? Just how many players rankings have improved when they got a coach? Most I know saw her ranking fall.

hingis-seles
Mar 7th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Yeah like that dude Roger Federer who hasn't had a coach in forever. He's really been sucking these past few years.

irinska
Mar 7th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Roger Federer was playing without a coach only in 2004. You can do well without a trainer for a year or two if you're as good as Federer and Hingis but in order to improve you need a coach.

DOUBLEFIST
Mar 7th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Federer uses Tony Roach as a coach at the big events, I think.

CORIA01
Mar 7th, 2007, 06:34 PM
She still have her mum who can help her but it will be great for her game to have a new coach to work on different things...

stefi62
Mar 7th, 2007, 06:34 PM
I think it depends on the player. Hingis is a very intuitive and clever player on court, and she's been playing since her little childhood, so I believe she can manage herself! Tati has no coach and she's not plunging in the rankings!

But some players really need a coach: Mary's attempt to go on with no coach at San Diego and USOpen failed and she explained herself that she was the kind of player who needed a coach, to push do stuff and advise her.

So my conclusion: everything depends on the players' personnality.

jamatthews
Mar 7th, 2007, 06:35 PM

She can't. She's made it past the QF at only 2 out of 6 events this year.

Nicolás89
Mar 7th, 2007, 06:38 PM
martina needs a serve coach for the moment
(and she always needed)

jazar
Mar 7th, 2007, 07:32 PM
she's always got radek

Ford
Mar 7th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Players pay so high salary to coach so in the worse case the players do not earn enough to pay. Therefore players save their money. Hingis saves money , right ?

silverbuckle2001
Mar 7th, 2007, 11:21 PM
I think the only thing Martina,needs to do is hit the gym and strengthen,her shoulders,back,lower body and legs. Because the serve comes from the bottom up. It starts with your push off and continues through the racket. Now don't get me wrong she has a great body as far as fitness goes and she doesn't need to bulk up with weights and pilates,she could become twice as strong and hardly show any bulk. Her game,of which she has many are already the best on the tour,but she needs to become a little stronger.
There is nothing wrong with her serve that a little more strength wouldn't cure. She is technically the best on the tour. She is also cute.

pav
Mar 7th, 2007, 11:57 PM
She can get by without a coach, but if she ditches her Dental Hygenist :confused:

go hingis
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:22 AM
I think a coach helps you believe in yourself and especially in your game. Martina could do with a coach. I don't think Melanie is the type to talk shit when it's not true just to make Martina feel good, maybe Martina needs somebody who will tell her she's great when she's down or maybe she needs somebody tough like Melanie to stay focussed.

Chrissie-fan
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:31 AM
I think a coach helps you believe in yourself and especially in your game. Martina could do with a coach. I don't think Melanie is the type to talk shit when it's not true just to make Martina feel good, maybe Martina needs somebody who will tell her she's great when she's down or maybe she needs somebody tough like Melanie to stay focussed.
If it comes down to building up her confidence, maybe she should get (if possible) someone like Navratilova. Roddick plays a lot better again since he's got Connors in his corner. It hasn't changed his game much, but just to know that there's an ATG rooting for him did wonders for him. Those old timers are good motivators and you don't want to disappoint them.

*JR*
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:46 AM
Maybe not having a "regular coach" is a Suisse trait. (Marti, Fedex, and Someone Strange). ;)