PDA

View Full Version : LD's Coach Adam Petterson now coaching Sam Stosur

aussy89
Mar 7th, 2007, 10:28 AM
this is only for 2 tournament trial but

SAM HIRES NEW COACH
posted on March 7th, 2007 at 1:58 AM

Sam has enlisted the help of Adam Peterson, Lindsay Davenport's former coach. It is a two tournament trial at this stage, which will take Sam through to the Sony Ericsson Miami Championships.

Samantha is expected to play her first round singles match at Indian Wells on Thursday. The doubles draw has been released and Sam and Lisa are again the top seeds for the event. They are set to play the wildcard pair of Victoria Azarenka and Anna Chakvetadze

So Disrespectful
Mar 7th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Wow, if this works out it's great news. Sam really needs a push in the right direction to fulfill her true potential. I really hope Adam Peterson can offer Sam something.

Mr.Kardashian
Mar 7th, 2007, 10:40 AM
great news for sam... i hope this partership works out well

hurricanejeanne
Mar 7th, 2007, 11:07 AM
I guess Adam didn't want to get stuck babysitting. ;)

Anyways, Adam's a good coach who's pretty laid back so Sam and him should get along and stuff. :)

aussy89
Mar 7th, 2007, 11:20 AM
yeah , if this dosnt work, wounder wat will, sam has been playing well to be 29 atm but this bg extra push could do huge wounders for her, id like to see her be rankd inside the top 20 by wimby =)

austennis
Mar 7th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Should b good for her.. but then i think a monkey could coach davenport and she would still win so ppl need to keep their aims and expectations in check

aussy89
Mar 7th, 2007, 11:18 PM
i always enjoyd the games between sam an lindsey cause they were always close, sam had a wildcard in 03 wimby facd davenport an lost smethin like 7-6 7-5 sam then won last yr in davnports return then lost the week later in another very close battle so i thnk if sams gona be coached the way linds had been then good things to come i rekn =)

i thnk we wont be able to judge how well this team will be ere, have to wait till miami =)

Pasta-Na
Mar 7th, 2007, 11:21 PM
sam has good serve. hope she can enter top 20 this year.

switz
Mar 7th, 2007, 11:27 PM
it's good but i really wish Stosur would hire a coach for a longer haul rather than employing people for a month followed by long stints without a coach. I suspect it is big part of her inconsistent results. I understood early on but she's making very good money now when you combine singles and doubles so there's no excuse unless she simply doesn't want a coach (which is her right)

John.
Mar 7th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Hope it works out for the 2 of them.

Would be great if Sam could reach top 20 this year.

lindsayno1
Mar 7th, 2007, 11:55 PM
woot woot! fit adam back on the scene!!

DomenicDemaria
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:05 AM
I guess Adam didn't want to get stuck babysitting. ;)

Anyways, Adam's a good coach who's pretty laid back so Sam and him should get along and stuff. :)

Sam isnt laid back so it might not work :lol: But this good news for Sam. Hopefully this will provide more consistent results for Sam coz she is a a very solid player just inconsistent.

DomenicDemaria
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:07 AM
it's good but i really wish Stosur would hire a coach for a longer haul rather than employing people for a month followed by long stints without a coach. I suspect it is big part of her inconsistent results. I understood early on but she's making very good money now when you combine singles and doubles so there's no excuse unless she simply doesn't want a coach (which is her right)

I agree but I saw Sam at the AO training and it looked like Lisa was giving Sam alot of coaching tips. I was thinking when Lisa retires she might coach Sam.

1star
Mar 8th, 2007, 10:06 AM
it's good but i really wish Stosur would hire a coach for a longer haul rather than employing people for a month followed by long stints without a coach. I suspect it is big part of her inconsistent results. I understood early on but she's making very good money now when you combine singles and doubles so there's no excuse unless she simply doesn't want a coach (which is her right)I was wonderting that too why so many women players like Kim and Jelena dont have regular coaches since it is not money problem. Maybe they feel that no instruction will really help their games or they have very high expectation of the coaches. :unsure:

lindsayno1
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Jelena did have money problems tho....until she got into form! Her friend was telling me that she hardly had anyone travel with her cos it cost so much and she shared physios with some of the other players. Now shes going deep into tourneys and got reebok sponsoring her, it wont be an issue

aussy89
Mar 9th, 2007, 12:38 AM
all i say is i thank raymond cause if sam hasnt had the success on the doubles court with the help of lisa, then sam would be struggling money wise, she hasnt had sponsors and i thnk sams done pretty well.

nflatte
Mar 12th, 2007, 03:04 AM
I don't know how much Adam will be able to help Sam, since Lindsay was already an exceptionally accomplished player. Sam on the other hand is on a very different level and she must be patient to expect excellent results from working with Adam.

aussy89
Mar 12th, 2007, 07:03 AM
yeah like anyone if u want the results u gota work for it, sam wants to work hard she just wants to make the right chooses first =) u wana work with someone u get along with plus no ull get somthing out of it, i thnk if wat i hear adams like is true then they should work fine together =) an atm its lookin alright =)

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Mar 12th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Yay Sammy!!!

miss_molik
Mar 12th, 2007, 11:13 AM
I hope it all works for her.

itzhak
Mar 12th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Last year he was working with Shahar Peer but they split very quick (less than one month...)