PDA

View Full Version : Serena's main goal for 07?....Try French Open!

Pages : [1] 2

TSequoia01
Mar 6th, 2007, 02:17 PM
SERENA WILLIAMS: I'm ready to start training on the clay already. I know it's too soon. I'm ready for the clay courts. I want to go home. I saw some things here I want to work on, I want to share with my dad. I want ameliorate it, ameliorate my game, take it to a new level. I'm ready to do that now, ready to take my game to a new level.

Hmmm seems pretty clear to me, what she wants is to "ameliorate" her play at the French Open. Was this a message to Justine?

Zhao
Mar 6th, 2007, 02:20 PM
wow if she really can win FO 2007
she will be the only current player to win each GS at least twice :eek:
maybe she wants this record?? ;)

John.
Mar 6th, 2007, 02:23 PM
And if she is fit and determined, anything is possible.

Craigy
Mar 6th, 2007, 02:25 PM
:hearts: Go Serena

Tennisaddict
Mar 6th, 2007, 02:26 PM
She´s right she really should go for her second FO title. It will look so sweet on her slam tally :drool:

eugreene2
Mar 6th, 2007, 02:32 PM
I've been waiting for Serena to deal with her depression & get fit for the French for two years now. I'm glad she is finally back. She may be the only person that will fight Justine tooth & nail in a match on clay. Sharapova doesn't really believe in herself on clay yet. Clijsters' is scared of Henin. Momo gets a head-case every year at the french. Venus game isn't stable enough. Who's left - definitely not Kuzzie, Jankovic or Dementieva. Serena is too kind to admit it but I do not believe her when she said she no longer remembers that 2003 match with Justine. She felt cheated - that's why she cried in the interview. I believe Serena wants the French Open VERY BADLY!!!

Kunal
Mar 6th, 2007, 02:35 PM
that'd be fucking awesome.....if she really guns for the French Open it#ll be really hard for anyone to stop her

maddogz48
Mar 6th, 2007, 02:44 PM
If Serena wins the French Open this year, the Calendar Grand Slam will be hers. She always does well at Wimbledon and the U.S. Open.

A thrashing of Henin in the French Open this year preferrably in the finals will be one of the greatest moments in tennis. :)

AcesHigh
Mar 6th, 2007, 02:45 PM
I hope she's really gunning for the French. It's been WAY too easy for Justine these last few years. The last tough battle she had was Serena 03.

However, Serena definitely needs to work on her fitness for this. In 2002-2003, she was moving better than anyone on tour... right now, she's a step slow and I don't know if she can take extended rallies and long matches on clay. I can't wait for her first tournament after Miami :)

Sinnet
Mar 6th, 2007, 02:49 PM
However, Serena definitely needs to work on her fitness for this. In 2002-2003, she was moving better than anyone on tour... right now, she's a step slow and I don't know if she can take extended rallies and long matches on clay. I can't wait for her first tournament after Miami :)

That seemed to be the talk of the town when Serena was in Hobart and in Melbourne. Fact of the matter is, however, Serena doesn't need to be in her 02-03 fitness to be able to win the big titles. She's got the strokes and athleticism to beat anyone anyway.

I don't agree, however, that the French Open is her main goal for 2007. I think Serena's main goal is to reach the top again this year. The FO would certainly aid her in that goal, but it won't be the end of Williams' year if she were to lose in Paris. But I do agree with whoever said that Williams will win the calendar grand slam if she wins in Paris. Should Serena win the French, I think the chances of her going on to win Wimbledon and the US Open are VERY likely.

VishaalMaria
Mar 6th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Serena is so mentally tough that, right now, she's probably the most mentally tough of all current players. Her mental attitude has never changed but something about her words tells me that she really wants this and I mean REAAAALLLLY wants this.

She needs to work on her fitness though. Her mental game might be there but you can't do anything without the physical aspect. And lets not forget she hasn't played on red clay in over a year. So don't expect her to be sliding and gliding like she used to when she did play on the surface. Give her time.

To be totally honest, I wouldn't be suprised if she lost in Charleston to a nobody and then went onto win Roland Garros. She's not going to put it all out there in these clay warm ups but watch her at Roland Garros. That's when we'll see the real Serena.

Vlover
Mar 6th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Serena is too kind to admit it but I do not believe her when she said she no longer remembers that 2003 match with Justine. She felt cheated - that's why she cried in the interview. I believe Serena wants the French Open VERY BADLY!!!

You are exactly right. Even though Serena avenged that FO lost weeks later at Wimbledon nothing would give her and her fans more satisfaction than to return to the scene of the crime with revenge.

A Venus/Serena v Justine FO final would be must see tv. A beatdown like the AO would be heavenly.:drool:

.Andrew.
Mar 6th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Go Serena :hearts:

TheItalianStyle
Mar 6th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Which warm-up will she play??

Come on Serena!!!

Aaron.
Mar 6th, 2007, 03:09 PM

Come on Serena!!! Possibly Amelia Island but for sure Serena is playing Charleston and Rome

John.
Mar 6th, 2007, 03:10 PM

Come on Serena!!!

Charleston and Rome at the moment

Craigy
Mar 6th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Possibly Amelia Island but for sure Serena is playing Charleston and Rome

She won't play Amelia Island. She doesn't really like going back to tournaments where she really hurts herself :shrug:

Sydney: Ankle injury
Amelia Island: Ankle injury

Aaron.
Mar 6th, 2007, 03:12 PM
She won't play Amelia Island. She doesn't really like going back to tournaments where she really hurts herself :shrug:

Sydney: Ankle injury
Amelia Island: Ankle injury I like the Amelia Island tournament though :sad: But of course i dont want Serena to be hurt again.

Craigy
Mar 6th, 2007, 03:13 PM
I like the Amelia Island tournament though :sad: But of course i dont want Serena to be hurt again.

Yeah, I like it too :awww:

fufuqifuqishahah
Mar 6th, 2007, 03:22 PM
SERENA WILLIAMS: I'm ready to start training on the clay already. I know it's too soon. I'm ready for the clay courts. I want to go home. I saw some things here I want to work on, I want to share with my dad. I want ameliorate it, ameliorate my game, take it to a new level. I'm ready to do that now, ready to take my game to a new level.

Hmmm seems pretty clear to me, what she wants to "ameliorate" the French Open. Was this a message to Justine?

"ameliorate" means she wants to copy amelie, not reaching past the QF

aisha
Mar 6th, 2007, 03:32 PM
:hearts:

frontier
Mar 6th, 2007, 03:33 PM
that will be awesome if she wins the french title,to win she has to work on physical fitness because the rallies can be long and those drop shots can be a killer.
i still believe serena is going to have an outstanding year barring injury.a grand slam is definitely within her reach.the australian title is not the last slam for her this year.
it will be sweet for venus and serena to win slams this year and shut out momo,juju and pova.

Mina Vagante
Mar 6th, 2007, 03:39 PM
yay serena, get the french :D

TheItalianStyle
Mar 6th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Guys...please...where did you find Serena was playing Rome??
I hadn't found this news yet...

No...I don't think she'll play AI...

bandabou
Mar 6th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Would be an amazing achievement if she could pull it off...not many players have won the career slam twice, so..if she could add that to her palamares..would be great. got her work cut out for her though, 'cause Justine ain't going anywhere..sooo...gotta put the work in.

jjames69
Mar 6th, 2007, 03:48 PM
hopefully justine will play serena, since serena feels cheated by the 3 time champion. i'm sure justine justine remembers serenas comments, and would relish a rematch. do you think serena will enter any tournaments justine is in, before the french open? serena relies an aweful lot on her serve, which will be neutralized by the clay, and 3 ball rallys aren't going to be good enough on clay.

Craigy
Mar 6th, 2007, 03:50 PM
hopefully justine will play serena, since serena feels cheated by the 3 time champion. i'm sure justine justine remembers serenas comments, and would relish a rematch. do you think serena will enter any tournaments justine is in, before the french open? serena relies an aweful lot on her serve, which will be neutralized by the clay, and 3 ball rallys aren't going to be good enough on clay.

:weirdo: The haters always have to have their say.

John.
Mar 6th, 2007, 03:52 PM

:rolleyes:

jjames69
Mar 6th, 2007, 04:10 PM
:weirdo: The haters always have to have their say.

yes, i've noticed anyone who isn't obsessed with serena and questions anything is a hater. :worship:

thats what makes prodding the serena fans so much fun.

Craigy
Mar 6th, 2007, 04:15 PM
yes, i've noticed anyone who isn't obsessed with serena and questions anything is a hater. :worship:

thats what makes prodding the serena fans so much fun.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out you're a hater :lol:

dangerjenny
Mar 6th, 2007, 04:21 PM
beat em down Serena.

barmaid
Mar 6th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Serena's reluctance to "play" since winning at AO is typical..yeah sure she had the flu but this is March...if she thinks she can duplicate her miraculous effort at AO...she truly will be the "freak" Jon Wertieim elluded to...:rolleyes: but who knows:confused: ...lightning may strike twice:worship: But surely she will play Miami so one can gage where her game is now!

barmaid:wavey:

Craigy
Mar 6th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Serena's reluctance to "play" since winning at AO is typical..yeah sure she had the flu but this is March...if she thinks she can duplicate her miraculous effort at AO...she truly will be the "freak" Jon Wertieim elluded to...:rolleyes: but who knows:confused: ...lightning may strike twice:worship: But surely she will play Miami so one can gage where her game is now!

She never plays much in the february/march period. Well she doesn't play much overall. However, I don't see how not playing in february is gonna affect her chances at the French Open in May.

sweetpeas
Mar 6th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Come on Serena,,you can do it? All Williams final!!!!!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Craigy
Mar 6th, 2007, 04:44 PM
^^ :unsure:

John.
Mar 6th, 2007, 04:47 PM
^^ :unsure:

:lol:

barmaid
Mar 6th, 2007, 05:27 PM
She never plays much in the february/march period. Well she doesn't play much overall. However, I don't see how not playing in february is gonna affect her chances at the French Open in May.

Your avatar says "She's back".....where? Everybody else is pounding the ball left, right and centre...if Serena can capture RG with a couple of tournament appearances Good Luck to her but the logic still sides with the player who is fit, competitive and has prepared her game for this Grand Slam! :bounce:

Craigy
Mar 6th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Your avatar says "She's back".....where? Everybody else is pounding the ball left, right and centre...if Serena can capture RG with a couple of tournament appearances Good Luck to her but the logic still sides with the player who is fit, competitive and has prepared her game for this Grand Slam! :bounce:

I thought my avatar was Tati :unsure: Serena is playing a couple of clay warm up tournaments anyway...she should be fine :cool:

The Daviator
Mar 6th, 2007, 05:32 PM

She captured the AO after being out for 4 months though :lol:

Serena's not like the others ;) Mind you, I do want to see her play some warm-ups :bounce:

leviathane
Mar 6th, 2007, 05:33 PM
bad news for amé :confused: ;)

DOUBLEFIST
Mar 6th, 2007, 05:44 PM

Lightning did strike twice '07 AO AND '05 AO.

It's alright, Barmaid, it's clear you're just not a believer in the greatness of Serena Williams. That's okay. Just know that that usually leads to deep seeded frustration and envy. It leads to inner and outer conflict :lol: . It's usually that way when we fight reality. But I understand everyone must come to her greatness on their own terms. Serena will always be a bitter pill to swallow for some, but once you do, the pain goes away. :wavey:

Hope you feel better soon. ;)

DOUBLEFIST
Mar 6th, 2007, 05:48 PM
It's going to be very difficult, probably more difficult than some of us have imagined, for Serena to beat a zoning JuJu on clay. But if she manages to do it. I have a feeling that she will utterly dominate Juju for the rest of the season.

IAM#1
Mar 6th, 2007, 05:52 PM
she is playing berlin and venus is playing ROME!

Lulu.
Mar 6th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Rena needs another French Open title. It looks like she wants it bad and if she wins Roland Garros I can also see her winning Wimbledon and the US Open

Denise4925
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:04 PM
I've been waiting for Serena to deal with her depression & get fit for the French for two years now. I'm glad she is finally back. She may be the only person that will fight Justine tooth & nail in a match on clay. Sharapova doesn't really believe in herself on clay yet. Clijsters' is scared of Henin. Momo gets a head-case every year at the french. Venus game isn't stable enough. Who's left - definitely not Kuzzie, Jankovic or Dementieva. Serena is too kind to admit it but I do not believe her when she said she no longer remembers that 2003 match with Justine. She felt cheated - that's why she cried in the interview. I believe Serena wants the French Open VERY BADLY!!!

Venus is no slouch on clay. She has a great net game and seems to have become more patient in constructing points. She has had some good results on clay.

Finals of RG '02
Champion of Amelia Island '02
Finals of Berlin '04
Champion of Hamburg '99 and '01, reached finals '02
Champion of Italian Open '99, reached semi-finals '06
Champion of Warsaw '04, reached finals '03
Champion of Charleston '04

If she's healthy, she can play a stable and good clay court game.

Denise4925
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:13 PM

And a troll :lol:

Mother_Marjorie
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Serena will need to train hard, very hard to beat Justine at the French Open. Justine's last two wins against Serena came on clay, during Serena's peak. It was during a time when Justine was just starting to come into her own game, before she won her first grand slam singles title.

And while Serena played out of her mind in the AO finals, she'll never be able to blast Justine off a clay court like she did Sharapova on hard, playing her best tennis or not.

If Serena couldn't beat Justine on clay in '03 when she was in much better physical condition and in the midst of her Grand Slam run, what makes her think she can do it in '07, especially now that Justine has won 5 Grand Slam singles titles?

Good for Serena, but as most things Serena, a little too much over the top.

Brooks.
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Serena will need to train hard, very hard to beat Justine at the French Open. Justine's last two wins against Serena came on clay, during Serena's peak. It was during a time when Justine was just starting to come into her own game, before she won her first grand slam singles title.

And while Serena played out of her mind in the AO finals, she'll never be able to blast Justine off a clay court like she did Sharapova on hard, playing her best tennis or not.

If Serena couldn't beat Justine on clay in '03 when she was in much better physical condition and in the midst of her Grand Slam run, what makes her think she can do it in '07, especially now that Justine has won 5 Grand Slam singles titles?

Justine has played some shitty matches at the French Open the last couple of years (especially in 05' Martinez,Kuznetsova) ...nobody had what it took to close the door on Henin...Serena doesn't choke and she knows what it takes to beat Henin on clay

Mother_Marjorie
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Justine has played some shitty matches at the French Open the last couple of years (especially in 05' Martinez,Kuznetsova) ...nobody had what it took to close the door on Henin...Serena doesn't choke and she knows what it takes to beat Henin on clay
When was the last time Serena beat Justine on clay?

You know, Justine won last years French Open without dropping a set.

Corswandt
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:29 PM
I want ameliorate it, ameliorate my game

:spit:

And she said it twice, to make sure everyone became aware that she knows how to use a thesaurus.

Mightymirza
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:30 PM
well ju and rena should split french and wimbly this yr..

Mother_Marjorie
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:33 PM
well ju and rena should split french and wimbly this yr..
I was thinking the same thing, however, Serena might have well forgotten about the unsinkable Amelie Mauresmo at Wimbledon.

Brooks.
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:34 PM

yeah cuz groenefeld, clijsters, kuznetsova...wow what a tough second week for Henin:tape:

Serena beat Justine on clay in Rome in straights in 2002

She was also up a break against Henin in 03' 4-2 in the third..and well we all know what happened...and I'm not going to get that started again..Henin is great on clay but she's had it easy these last two years if you ask me...Serena is the best player of this generation and I for one hope that she and Justine meet at Roland Garros this year:)

VishaalMaria
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:36 PM

I'd rather be in Serena's shoes. Own Justine on grass, hardcourt and most probably rebound ace [as she has won three Australian Open titles to one]. Not only that but Justine HAS ONLY beaten Serena on clay three times and in those three times, two of those matches have gone to three sets with the third set being 7-5 [cheated] and 7-6[5] respectively.

Thank you good night.:drool:

:inlove:
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Ooooooh. :drool:

Mother_Marjorie
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:40 PM
yeah cuz groenefeld, clijsters, kuznetsova...wow what a tough second week for Henin:tape:

Serena beat Justine on clay in Rome in straights in 2002

She was also up a break against Henin in 03' 4-2 in the third..and well we all know what happened...and I'm not going to get that started again..Henin is great on clay but she's had it easy these last two years if you ask me...Serena is the best player of this generation and I for one hope that she and Justine meet at Roland Garros this year:)
So, Serena last defeated Justine on clay in 2002, five years ago. Justine has won three Grand Slam events on clay since, and you think Serena is going to thrash Henin at the French Open.

When was the last time Serena Williams won a clay court tennis tournament in singles?

Serena should be focusing on her next task at hand, Miami, instead of sending her usual heat-seeking missives through the press. She did the same thing in '05 after her Australian Open win and you saw how the rest of the season ended up.

Brooks.
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:43 PM
So, Serena last defeated Justine on clay in 2002, five years ago. Justine has won three Grand Slam events on clay since, and you think Serena is going to thrash Henin at the French Open.

When was the last time Serena Williams won a clay court tennis tournament in singles?

Serena should be focusing on her next task at hand, Miami, instead of sending her usual heat-seeking missives through the press. She did the same thing in '05 after her Australian Open win and you saw how the rest of the season ended up.

I never said Serena would thrash Henin so stop putting words in my mouth...but can beat her...even on clay.

I was just trying to point out that Justine is not impossible to beat on clay ..patty and petrova did it last year..sure she's won three french opens in a row..she'll have to lose eventually and Serena just might be the one to stop her..just like Justine stopped Serena's grand slam streak:)

and actually that was taken from a Serena interview from the Australian Open..;)

Mother_Marjorie
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:51 PM
I never said Serena would thrash Henin so stop putting words in my mouth...but can beat her...even on clay.

I was just trying to point out that Justine is not impossible to beat on clay ..patty and petrova did it last year..sure she's won three french opens in a row..she'll have to lose eventually and Serena just might be the one to stop her..just like Justine stopped Serena's grand slam streak:)

and actually that was taken from a Serena interview from the Australian Open..;)
Acutally, Justine has won two French Opens in a row and she'll be going for her third.

Its certainly possible for Serena to beat Justine on clay. However, given the history of Justine vs Serena on clay, and the fact that Serena hasn't done it five years while Justine has excelled on the clay surface, it would be an uphill battle for Serena.

VishaalMaria
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:51 PM

Serena didn't say she wanted to win the French Open and to beat Justine along the way :rolleyes:. You can make your own opinions and generalisations as most people have about what she has said. She only stated that she wanted to get back to playing on clay again. And it's hard to win a clay court tournament if the last time you played on clay was two years ago [in Rome against Schiavone] where even then she made a half ass appearance. It was obvious back then that Serena thought she could win any tournament easy because of her AO win. She's learnt from those mistakes [hence playing in a tier three in Hobart] and this year she's going to prove those people wrong ONCE AGAIN.

And I wouldn't talk about common sense Sami Marjorie. After all the crap you were spewing before the AO about Serena not winning. "Common sense" has no place when talking about Serena.

And IF they play again, Serena would be more happy about the match up than Justine and you better believe that after the way Justine was shaking in their match at Wimbledon.

starin
Mar 6th, 2007, 07:01 PM

Justine is obviously the best on clay but that doesn't mean she is invulnerable. The other good clay courters don't have the mental edge to beat Justine. Svetlana....please. She's a head case who Justine owns! Hingis was unlucky with her draw last year, and myskina slumping and Petrova (headcase!!). So if Serena were more fit, I'd think she'd be able to challenge Henin at the FO. Especially since Henin has already said her goal is to win Wimbledon this year.

Craigy
Mar 6th, 2007, 07:03 PM

Valid points there, but I think Serena's game is better than it was in 2003 to be honest. She has taken her mental strength to a new level. If she has a bad loss before the French Open then the players may watch out. She will go on a rampage :unsure:

John.
Mar 6th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Justine is the best on clay. No doubt.

But Serena has agreater will, than any player on any surface, which is why you can never count her out

soomaal
Mar 6th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, there really is no point arguing whether justine or Serena will win the French Open, because this will be Venus' year - barring injury. The Queen will have her long awaited FO and top it with a Wimbledon and US Open wins!!

Conor
Mar 6th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Serena said at the US Open last year AND recently that 'Justine was the player to beat'. Its good to see she knows she has to work hard and prepare well for this forthcoming FO... 'cause it wouldnt be possible for her to just stroll in and win it like she did at AO 05 and 07. Its approaching 4 years since the last time Justine and Serena played eachother... if they were to meet in the FO final it would definately have to be one of the biggest womens matches ever. Like someone said above, 'a must see'. And we all know the form book would go out the window... totally unpredictable. I really hope it happens 'cause it seems that they've been purposely choosing different tournaments so they can avoid eachother! :lol: Heres to a Serena/Justine FO Final! (And may Justine *cough*.... I mean :rolleyes: the BEST player win!)

VishaalMaria
Mar 6th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Serena said at the US Open last year AND recently that 'Justine was the player to beat'. Its good to see she knows she has to work hard and prepare well for this forthcoming FO... 'cause it wouldnt be possible for her to just stroll in and win it like she did at AO 05 and 07. Its approaching 4 years since the last time Justine and Serena played eachother... if they were to meet in the FO final it would definately have to be one of the biggest womens matches ever. Like someone said above, 'a must see'. And we all know the form book would go out the window... totally unpredictable. I really hope it happens 'cause it seems that they've been purposely choosing different tournaments so they can avoid eachother! :lol: Heres to a Serena/Justine FO Final! (And may Justine *cough*.... I mean :rolleyes: the BEST player win!)

:devil: :devil: And when did Serena say Justine was the "player to beat". I thought she just said she was the best player in 2007?

Conor
Mar 6th, 2007, 07:59 PM
I read an interview at the US Open.... and some Serena fan over on Serena's board was saying that she said it recently aswell :) It only makes sense anyway... cause she IS the player to beat ;)

MrSerenaWilliams
Mar 6th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Can't WAIT to see Ree at RG :bounce: it's been 2 years :eek::sad:

Helen Lawson
Mar 6th, 2007, 08:08 PM
wow if she really can win FO 2007
she will be the only current player to win each GS at least twice :eek:
maybe she wants this record?? ;)

Hon, I think she's the only current player to win each GS once.

DavidEllul
Mar 6th, 2007, 08:12 PM
will be so f**king exciting if ju & serena meet in Roland Garros, F maybe :drool:

Martian KC
Mar 6th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Bring it, Serena~

calico_101
Mar 6th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Henin would kill Serena on clay.

Watching
Mar 6th, 2007, 08:20 PM

Serena has enough mentality to make sure that if they played at the French it would atleast be competitive! It would sure make a great matchup and I know for sure that there is no discernable winner on clay between these two when they are at their best - even avid fans of both players must admit this!

Conor
Mar 6th, 2007, 08:23 PM
'At least competitive'??? lol they're matches are always competitive... no matter what the circumstances... they seem to bring the bestout of eachother...

Craigy
Mar 6th, 2007, 08:31 PM

Justine has never 'killed' Serena in a match. She won't do it either.

hingisGOAT
Mar 6th, 2007, 08:33 PM

i seem to recall a match where henin won six consecutive games in set 1 and six consecutive games in set 2 to dispose of serena quite easily

TSequoia01
Mar 6th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Serena can compete with Justine on clay, grass, hardcourt, water, ice, jello, cool whip.....yeah you name it. Anyone who doubts this is doing it again. Trust me never, ever count Serena out. Venus either as long as we are at it. :cool:

Conor
Mar 6th, 2007, 08:37 PM

Well it all depends on what you'd call 'kill' doesnt it? Serena very rarely loses matches in 2 sets so if she were to, then id say it would be a very comprehensive victory for the other player. I could see Justine beating Serena in 2 but not a 'killing' and vice versa. Neither allow themselves to be beaten easily ;)

Steffica Greles
Mar 6th, 2007, 08:38 PM
I want ameliorate it, amelioratemy game, take it to a new level. I'm ready to do that now, ready to take my game to a new level.

Did no-one spot da message in what she woz saying? She wants to play like Mauresmo, one-handed backhand and loadsa topspin.

Conor
Mar 6th, 2007, 08:39 PM
i seem to recall a match where henin won six consecutive games in set 1 and six consecutive games in set 2 to dispose of serena quite easily

Justine defeated Serena in 2 sets at Charlston in 2003... im not sure of the scoring of the games though :confused:

Conor
Mar 6th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Did no-one spot da message in what she woz saying? She wants to play like Mauresmo, one-handed backhand and loadsa topspin.

Why would she want to do that?? She'd lose 6/0 6/0 in the first round if she played like Mauresmo at the French! :lol:

Craigy
Mar 6th, 2007, 08:42 PM

Serena was never killed.

VishaalMaria
Why would she want to do that?? She'd lose 6/0 6/0 in the first round if she played like Mauresmo at the French! :lol:

Yeah! Mauresmos hard to beat when shes on her game. I mean looke at those finals last year. :devil:

Watching

Was this Charleston? the only time Henin has ever won in 2 sets over Serena?

Serena has given beatdowns to Henin too especially the last time they paid after Henin CHEATEDs at FO. You just mad cause she kicked Hingis ass last 3 times they played.

VishaalMaria
Mar 6th, 2007, 08:44 PM
I read an interview at the US Open.... and some Serena fan over on Serena's board was saying that she said it recently aswell :) It only makes sense anyway... cause she IS the player to beat ;)

Can you provide the exact quote? If you can't then shut up. ;)

Steffica Greles
Mar 6th, 2007, 08:48 PM
By the way, people should be circumspect about this statement.

Serena said exactly the same in 2005, how she longed for another French, having won the other slams multiple times. But she turned up in Rome looking like 'before the diet' and subsequently pulled out of Roland Garros.

Conor
Mar 6th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Can you provide the exact quote? If you can't then shut up. ;)

Charming I must say! :rolleyes:

Kart
Mar 6th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Serena will almost certainly have to beat Justine to win the title in Paris as, aside from glimpses from Amelie in the Dubai final, no one else on the tour has shown any indication that they believe they can defeat her for ages.

Craigy
Mar 6th, 2007, 08:52 PM
By the way, people should be circumspect about this statement.

Serena said exactly the same in 2005, how she longed for another French, having won the other slams multiple times. But she turned up in Rome looking like 'before the diet' and subsequently pulled out of Roland Garros.

Serena is a different player from then and everyone knows that.

TSequoia01
Mar 6th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Justine defeated Serena in 2 sets at Charlston in 2003... im not sure of the scoring of the games though :confused:

2001US OPENHARD (O)R16S. WILLIAMS 7-5 6-0 6 / 6
10 / 7
2001SANEX CHAMPIONSHIPSHARD (I)QS. WILLIAMS 6-3 7-6(5) 6 / 4
5 / 4
2002BERLIN OPENCLAY (O)FJ. HENIN 6-2 1-6 7-6(5) 8 / 5
4 / 4
2002ROMECLAY (O)FS. WILLIAMS 7-6(6) 6-4 8 / 5
1 / 1
2002LEIPZIGCARPET (I)SS. WILLIAMS 6-4 6-2 7 / 3
1 / 1
2003CHARLESTONCLAY (O)FJ. HENIN 6-3 6-4 4 / 2
1 / 1
2003FRENCH OPENCLAY (O)SJ. HENIN 6-2 4-6 7-5 4 / 4
1 / 1
2003WIMBLEDONGRASS (O)SS. WILLIAMS 6-3 6-2 3 / 3

jjames69
Mar 6th, 2007, 09:03 PM

:devil: :worship:

Craigy
Mar 6th, 2007, 09:04 PM
:devil:

jjames69: "I'm not a hater"

Ok :)

serenafan08
Mar 6th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Serena cando whatever she wants and beat whomever she wants when she's focused and ready to play. Does that mean she'll win the French Open this year? No! But she's got a shot, just like everybody else. Serena even said that Justine is the best player in the world right now - she said this at the Australian Open. So she acknowledges that it will be a challenge to beat Justine. Besides, all we can do is speculate. They haven't played in almost four years, so there's no telling who will win or what the score will be.

volta
Mar 6th, 2007, 09:11 PM

na not a hater just someone that will end up banned like the other "non haters" :haha:

anyway go on Rena get Miami then RG :worship:

Conor
Mar 6th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Serena cando whatever she wants and beat whomever she wants when she's focused and ready to play. Does that mean she'll win the French Open this year? No! But she's got a shot, just like everybody else. Serena even said that Justine is the best player in the world right now - she said this at the Australian Open. So she acknowledges that it will be a challenge to beat Justine. Besides, all we can do is speculate. They haven't played in almost four years, so there's no telling who will win or what the score will be.

Completely agree... although I must say, I am rather enjoying all this pre-match build up to a match we dont even know will take place! :lol: The FO doesnt start till the end of May... the way we're talkin you'd think they were playing tomorrow lol

DavidEllul
Mar 6th, 2007, 09:17 PM

:bounce:

Nemo_Kool
Mar 6th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Yes! u heard her she wants three of each now until 2008 when she want 4 or each!!!!

jjames69
Mar 6th, 2007, 09:26 PM

got no reason to hate serena, but i do think serena beating justine on clay, will be a tall order, thats if serena even gets the chance. since 2003 serena and justine's games have gone different directions.

:worship:

DavidEllul
Mar 6th, 2007, 09:29 PM

:) pretty much

shap_half
Mar 6th, 2007, 09:45 PM
I think having serena really wanting to win again adds another dimension to the game - that's very exciting. But I really wish she would play already and with more regularity. It's tough to gauge where she is when she plays soo sporadically.

I really hope from this point on both serena and justine remain healthy and play a full season.

Stamp Paid
Mar 6th, 2007, 09:50 PM
good! finally someone other than Justine who wants to win the French Open.

hacberto
Mar 6th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Serena will win all majors this year, you may be thinking I'm crazy but you'll see.

I'm excited about what I feel but I'm a little sad because I want Venus to win at least one grandsalm this year.

This is my prediction so please don't complain
:p

Knizzle
Mar 6th, 2007, 09:54 PM
I hope she can get some movement back for the clay, if she does, she'll be tough to beat. Can't wait to see what she brings out of the bag for Charleston.

Lapdance
Mar 6th, 2007, 10:07 PM
i agree that she should focus on the French. French Open always producers the highest caliber winners... well not always. don't know what '04 was about

bandabou
Mar 6th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Agreed...it's been too long since we last saw Serena already. Needs to play more regularly to get that match tougness back. From there on we'll see. Beating Justine on clay is no easy feat, won't be easy...but first things first.

Tennisaddict
Mar 6th, 2007, 10:28 PM
This is about Serena. If she is training adequately and comes in the FO with the mindset to win it and destroy everybody at the other side of the net she will have a big chance to win it, with or without Justine as her opponent.

Justine is the best clay courter right now obviously but I´m sure she knows that Serena can beat her and that she could have a real opponent facing her since 2003. I so hope that they will meet and also in Miami. I find that match up much more interesting than Serena vs. Sharapova.

hablo
Mar 6th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Well if Momo goes down early, I'm definitely cheering for Serena.
Lesser of two evils. :devil::tape:

Steffica Greles
Mar 6th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Serena is a different player from then and everyone knows that.

Maybe only those who don't know she won the 2005 Australian Open.

Denise4925
Well if Momo goes down early, I'm definitely cheering for Serena.
Lesser of two evils. :devil::tape:

Also, because hablo is my friend ;) :hug:

hablo

"ameliorate" means she wants to copy amelie, not reaching past the QF

I'm a Momo fan and didn't even think of this. :lol::tape:
Other than to thinking that 'ameliorate' sounds a bit french. (améliorer)

Fedcup
Mar 6th, 2007, 11:07 PM

Serena had played some shitty matches at the Australian Open this year...nobody had what it took to close the door on her :p ;) :kiss:

TSequoia01
Mar 6th, 2007, 11:32 PM
:lol: Well if Momo goes down early, I'm definitely cheering for Serena.
Lesser of two evils. :devil::tape::haha:
:haha:

Tie-Break
Mar 6th, 2007, 11:57 PM
Charming I must say! :rolleyes:

I told you didn't I? :p I said they were "crass". Don't expect any different.

Tie-Break
Mar 7th, 2007, 12:00 AM
2001US OPENHARD (O)R16S. WILLIAMS 7-5 6-0 6 / 6
10 / 7
2001SANEX CHAMPIONSHIPSHARD (I)QS. WILLIAMS 6-3 7-6(5) 6 / 4
5 / 4
2002BERLIN OPENCLAY (O)FJ. HENIN 6-2 1-6 7-6(5) 8 / 5
4 / 4
2002ROMECLAY (O)FS. WILLIAMS 7-6(6) 6-4 8 / 5
1 / 1
2002LEIPZIGCARPET (I)SS. WILLIAMS 6-4 6-2 7 / 3
1 / 1
2003CHARLESTONCLAY (O)FJ. HENIN 6-3 6-4 4 / 2
1 / 1
2003FRENCH OPENCLAY (O)SJ. HENIN 6-2 4-6 7-5 4 / 4
1 / 1
2003WIMBLEDONGRASS (O)SS. WILLIAMS 6-3 6-2 3 / 3

1st time 2001 :haha:

Last time 2003 :haha:

Talk about living in the past :haha:

Ever heard of that Barbra Streisand song Memories of the Way we Were? :tape: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is NOW 2007!!!!!! Get that, 2007!!!!!!!!! :tape:

Kabezya
Mar 7th, 2007, 12:02 AM

And I wish some would leave it at this.

Stamp Paid
Mar 7th, 2007, 12:03 AM

Ever heard of that Barbra Streisand song Memories of the Way we Were? :tape: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, immature Justine Fan.
I'm reporting your posts now so they can do an IP check. Creating multiple user names is against the rules.

Diesel
Mar 7th, 2007, 12:49 AM

Hmmm seems pretty clear to me, what she wants is to "ameliorate" her play at the French Open. Was this a message to Justine?

Seems like this it was a general message. Whomever is in front of her she'll have to try and beat, doesn't matter their name.

justine-inator
Mar 7th, 2007, 02:15 AM

:worship: :worship: :worship:

brent-o
Mar 7th, 2007, 02:23 AM

Sure didn't take a genius. Since you came to that idiotic conclusion...

justine-inator
Mar 7th, 2007, 02:35 AM
serena better realize miami comes first.

DOUBLEFIST
Mar 7th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Its certainly possible for Serena to beat Justine on clay. However, given the history of Justine vs Serena on clay, and the fact that Serena hasn't done it five years while Justine has excelled on the clay surface, it would be an uphill battle for Serena.

Though I don't know if it is a cold day in hell, and I haven't seen any pigs flying, I am SHOCKED that I agree with the above statement (considering the source :nerner: ) but credit where credit's due, I think this is accurate.

It takes nothing from Serena to say that this is an uphill battle for her.

Justine is clearly the favorite here..., and I say let her be the favorite.

In fact, let EVERYONE expect Justine to win- to "kill" Serena. In fact, I hope everyone tells Serena EXACTLY THAT- "Justine is going to kill you." Please, please TELL Serena that. write to her. Because, of course, Justine is a multiple and reigning RG champ. Yeah, Serena Williams...maybe she shouldn't even show up (I have a funny feeling she will anyway). ;)

Justine's the favorite. Let her be. Serena's should not be expected to beat her.

I can't wait for RG.

bandabou
Mar 7th, 2007, 09:49 AM
of course Justine's the fav..she's two-time defending champ.But I don't think it's ridiculous to say that a fit Serena can give Justine a run for her money. specially considering: on red clay they have played each other tough in the past. if serena can recapture the magic..plus she's won RG in the past.

Thus this is more realistic than saying: Justine is the fav against Serena at say Wimbledon..when Justine has never beaten Serena away of the clay and has never won wimbledon either.

Rosslyn
Mar 7th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Serena will win all GS this year

VishaalMaria
Mar 7th, 2007, 10:56 AM
This is what someone said, via a bad rep, to me for my posts in this thread.

"You are disgusting and an embarrassement to your flag! Lowlife!"

:lol: :lol:

Don't you just love it when you piss people off! They act all cool in the thread itself [in front of others] but "behind closed doors" it's a different story. :tape: :tape: :tape:

Craigy
Mar 7th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Sure didn't take a genius. Since you came to that idiotic conclusion...

LOL.

hwanmig
Mar 7th, 2007, 12:36 PM
No way in hell, I don't want another claycourt hack winning FO.

acetoace
Mar 7th, 2007, 03:52 PM
IMHO, it is a good thing that people are doubting Serena's capabilities on Clay.

I think many are in for a rude awakening come May 07.......seems to me when the time comes and Serena accomplishes what appears to many as "no way in hell", then, it would make for more reason why Serena's profile will be firmly stamped on the WTA as the most supreme player to ever played the game.

To make doubters happy, yes, Henin will woop Serena and win the French. ALL hail Henin.........

Can't wait enough........

pigam
Mar 7th, 2007, 04:44 PM
teh thing that excites me about this match is that Justine and Serena is a great match up. even when Justine was "trashed" ( :rolleyes: )

There's a fragment of the trashing Serena gave Justine at the YEC in 2001. You can just see that Justine knows how to play Serena. Not necessarily how to beat her, but how to make it a competitive batlle. And of course, the reverse is true as well. Even the Wimbledon SF in 2003, whiwh was a heavy loss for Jutsine, I'll admit, was a more exciting, and good match as some make it out to be.
WE'll see when they play. I wouldn't be surprised if Serena would beat Justine. Nor would I be completely surprised if Justine would be able to beat Serena these days on a non clay court. But apparetnly some people (from both fan bases) are quite overconfident, imo.
Some say "Justine trashes everyone on clay" :rolleyes:
Others say "Justine can only play on clay" :rolleyes:

Craigy
Mar 7th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Should this thread be closed? It's turned into Serena fans and Justine fans fighting...

A Potential
Mar 7th, 2007, 05:11 PM
I don't understand why Serena plays here yet won't play Indian Wells.

VishaalMaria
Mar 7th, 2007, 05:12 PM

Ignorance is bliss!

Because the last time Serena played in Indian Wells she was victim to Racial abuse. That's why.

Craigy
Mar 7th, 2007, 05:12 PM

French Open is a Grand Slam. She thrives on them.

John.
Mar 7th, 2007, 05:14 PM

It's a Grand Slam. Why wouldn't she play?

A Potential
Mar 7th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Ignorance is bliss!

Because the last time Serena played in Indian Wells she was victim to Racial abuse. That's why.

Then you must have overdosed on ecstasy.

The very same thing happened at Roland Garros. Richard said so.

A Potential
Mar 7th, 2007, 05:16 PM
It's a Grand Slam. Why wouldn't she play?

Racial abuse when she played Henin in the final, remember?

BTW DID ANYBODY ON HERE WATCH THAT FINAL?:confused:

John.
Mar 7th, 2007, 05:19 PM

:confused: It was a SF against Henin, and the crowd was pro Justine.

That, combined with the fact she had slaughtered Mauresmo in the Quarters, and a comment she made regarding the French and the situation in Iraq, was the reason for the booing. It wasn't racial

Craigy
Mar 7th, 2007, 05:20 PM

It was the semi-final, and yes.

A Potential
Mar 7th, 2007, 05:22 PM
:confused: It was a SF against Henin, and the crowd was pro Justine.

That, combined with the fact she had slaughtered Mauresmo in the Quarters, and a comment she made regarding the French and the situation in Iraq, was the reason for the booing. It wasn't racial

No. The crowd was anti-Serena. They were racially prejudiced. Comment, what comment? Serena never made any comment concerning France and the Iraq war.

Craigy
Mar 7th, 2007, 05:26 PM
No. The crowd was anti-Serena. They were racially prejudiced. Comment, what comment? Serena never made any comment concerning France and the Iraq war.

No they weren't.
And she did make a comment on it...

John.
Mar 7th, 2007, 05:26 PM

:rolleyes: Troll alert

DOUBLEFIST
Mar 7th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Comment, what comment? Serena never made any comment concerning France and the Iraq war.

You don't know your history.

Before you post something like this, PLEASE check your facts. Like I said in the other thread. To argue your point further, in light of not knowing the circumstance, seems your simply trolling.

A Potential
Mar 7th, 2007, 05:36 PM
:rolleyes: Troll alert

Who? Craig?

Craigy
Mar 7th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Who? Craig?

LOL....well considering you were the one who was quoted.

John.
Mar 7th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Who? Craig?

:weirdo: I think you will find I quoted you :smash:

A Potential
Mar 7th, 2007, 05:41 PM
You don't know your history.

Before you post something like this, PLEASE check your facts. Like I said in the other thread. To argue your point further, in light of not knowing the circumstance, seems your simply trolling.

If you can post for me the comment ALLEGEDLY made by Serena I shall withdraw my comment. Until then I stand by what I wrote.

Like I replied to you in the other thread. Richard Williams, Serena's father. Yes her father, not some dim-witted fan posting on a internet bulletin board claimed, the crowd at Roland Garros were racist. He said this, NOT me.

Craigy
Mar 7th, 2007, 05:55 PM
If you can post for me the comment ALLEGEDLY made by Serena I shall withdraw my comment. Until then I stand by what I wrote.

Like I replied to you in the other thread. Richard Williams, Serena's father. Yes her father, not some dim-witted fan posting on a internet bulletin board claimed, the crowd at Roland Garros were racist. He said this, NOT me.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/french_open_2003/2967190.stm

'Despite the obvious antipathy of the home crowd towards Williams, she denied suggestions that it might have been a result of anti-American feeling in France.'

I don't think being American right now had anything to do with it. I just think sometimes you want the underdog to win.

Il Primo!
Mar 7th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Hope it's not just words like it was two years ago. If she's not inured she could do some serious damages here. Henin won't win this year, I'm 100% sure.

Il Primo!
Mar 7th, 2007, 06:40 PM
BTW The crowd booed Venus too in 2003. Frenchies were just bored with them. It might be racial be it's likely just the Williamses, I like this second option more ;)

starin
Mar 7th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Henin-Hardenne described the atmosphere as "wonderful" and had little sympathy for her opponent.

lol, I guess since she was being cheered it was wonderful for her.

DOUBLEFIST
Mar 7th, 2007, 07:34 PM

she said in a french accent "We don't want to play in the war; we want to make clothes."

On their face, the comment is harmless enough, but coupled with the political times, and they become incendiary. So she hadn't exactly won the crowd going into the match with those comments.

saki
Mar 7th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Justine is also a big crowd favourite at RG. She even got good support when crushing Mary Pierce in the final - no other non-French player would have been as well received, particularly when beating a French player that badly.

Other than that SF, Serena gets decent support at RG. Not a crowd favourite by any means but the crowd certainly doesn't hate her.

Craigy
Mar 7th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Justine is also a big crowd favourite at RG. She even got good support when crushing Mary Pierce in the final - no other non-French player would have been as well received, particularly when beating a French player that badly.

Other than that SF, Serena gets decent support at RG. Not a crowd favourite by any means but the crowd certainly doesn't hate her.

Check 2004. Every match she got booed. :rolleyes:

:inlove:
Mar 7th, 2007, 08:05 PM

:tape: She got booed in ALL her matches in 04 there. :tape: :o

Tennisaddict
Mar 7th, 2007, 10:38 PM

Would it not be very sweet then if Serena took this year´s FO and thanked the crowd in a very endearing way :devil:

justine-inator
Mar 7th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Would it not be very sweet then if Serena took this year´s FO and thanked the crowd in a very endearing way :devil:

part of her problem is she's america, it that iraq thing.

Pureracket
Mar 7th, 2007, 10:57 PM
part of her problem is she's america, it that iraq thing.10 posts @ this writing - all about Serena. What in the world is going to happen with your type after this 8 time Grand Slam Singles Title winner has retired?;)

John.
Mar 7th, 2007, 10:58 PM
part of her problem is she's america, it that iraq thing.

Hopefully, they will have moved on from that.

Denise4925
Mar 7th, 2007, 11:04 PM
10 posts @ this writing - all about Serena. What in the world is going to happen with your type after this 8 time Grand Slam Singles Title winner has retired?;)

:lol: Damn, that's just pathetic.

Conor
Mar 7th, 2007, 11:09 PM
This thread is getting more pointless by the post :rolleyes: .... we could be here till eternity arguing over these two... Just wait till they play again.... then at least we can have some sort of basis on which to argue over, its been nearly FOUR years! lol

DavidEllul
Mar 7th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Hope it's not just words like it was two years ago. If she's not inured she could do some serious damages here. Henin won't win this year, I'm 100% sure.

We'll see ;)

supergrunt
Mar 7th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Should this thread be closed? It's turned into Serena fans and Justine fans fighting...

but these arguments are the most fun. :sad: anyways... I think Justine and Serena are pretty much equal with the exception of Serena's serve and tenacity and intensity. :)

Mother_Marjorie
Mar 7th, 2007, 11:52 PM
Check 2004. Every match she got booed. :rolleyes:
Justine lost in the 2nd round in Paris that year. She wasn't booed every match.

I know some of you would have liked for Justine to be booed at the '06 French Open but that didn't happen either.

Justine has always been well-liked by the French. Its generally the pompous asses that get booed at Roland Garros.

Pureracket
Mar 7th, 2007, 11:53 PM
but these arguments are the most fun. :sad: anyways... I think Justine and Serena are pretty much equal with the exception of Serena's serve and tenacity and intensity. :).. .and Wimbledon titles. . ...

John.
Mar 7th, 2007, 11:54 PM

I know some of you would have liked for Justine to be booed at the '06 French Open but that didn't happen either.

Justine has always been well-liked by the French. Its generally the pompous asses that get booed at Roland Garros.

:rolleyes: Maybe because she is from the French speaking part of Belgium, and lots of Belgians travel to RG very year to see her

Mother_Marjorie
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:00 AM
but these arguments are the most fun. :sad: anyways... I think Justine and Serena are pretty much equal with the exception of Serena's serve and tenacity and intensity. :)
When comparing Queen Justine, who some equate to a "clay courter", with Serena, "grass" warrior, you'd be surprised in their title wins on different surfaces. Its really all a huge myth.

Queen Justine (31):

Hard (17)
Clay (10)
Grass (2)
Carpet (2)

Justine has actually won more titles on hardcourt than clay. Yet, she is often regarded by her critics as only a "clay courter".:rolleyes:

Queen Serena (27):

Hard (19)
Clay (2)
Grass (2)
Carpet (4)

An overwhelming majority of Serena's wins are on hard court 19/27, yet she is considered to be this generations best "all around" player.:rolleyes:

To think that Queen Serena, who has only won 2 clay court titles in her career, is going to upset Justine at the French Open is really bucking history, folks.

Pureracket
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:03 AM
When comparing Queen Justine, who some equate to a "clay courter", with Serena, "grass" warrior, you'd be surprised in their title wins on different surfaces. Its really all a huge myth.

Queen Justine (31):

Hard (17)
Clay (10)
Grass (2)
Carpet (2)

Justine has actually won more titles on hardcourt than clay. Yet, she is often regarded by her critics as only a "clay courter".:rolleyes:

Queen Serena (27):

Hard (19)
Clay (2)
Grass (2)
Carpet (4)

An overwhelming majority of Serena's wins are on hard court 19/27, yet she is considered to be this generations best "all around" player.:rolleyes:

To think that Queen Serena, who has only won 2 clay court titles in her career, is going to upset Justine at the French Open is really bucking history, folks.Yeah, the Serena Slam kinda put that crazy little notion in our minds.;)

Pureracket
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:06 AM

Justine has always been well-liked by the French. Its generally the pompous asses that get booed at Roland Garros.. . . .like Mary Pierce, Amelie, Martina Hingis, and Thomas Muster?:lol:

Their success is absolutely wearing you out, babe.;)

Denise4925
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:12 AM
. . . .like Mary Pierce, Amelie, Martina Hingis, and Thomas Muster?:lol:

Their success is absolutely wearing you out, babe.;)

Poor thing. :lol: There's just so much hate and so little time. :haha:

Denise4925
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:13 AM
I think he was talking about Serena being booed in 2004.

You're right, but all Swami saw was Serena's name and lost her mind :lol:

Mother_Marjorie
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:23 AM

http://www.contextmag.com/archives/200108/images/diploma.jpg

Pureracket
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:27 AM
You're right, but all Swami saw was Serena's name and lost her mind :lol::lol: You're soooo right!

supergrunt
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:32 AM

Queen Justine (31):

Hard (17)
Clay (10)
Grass (2)
Carpet (2)

Queen Serena (27):

Hard (19)
Clay (2)
Grass (2)
Carpet (4)

To think that Queen Serena, who has only won 2 clay court titles in her career, is going to upset Justine at the French Open is really bucking history, folks.

I'd rather have two Wimbledons than none :shrug:

kinglear
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:33 AM
I'm not going to have high expectations because I, like everyone else didn't expect Serena to win the AO. It's better that way, even though I'm always going to be rooting for Serena. Well, Lena comes first, but Serena's always a favorite. I just wouldn't have extra high expectations because although Serena is a great mentally tough, she came dangerously close to losing twice at the AO. :sad: She makes her fans so nervous sometimes.

Wannabeknowitall
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:35 AM
http://tourettenowwhat.tripod.com/images/NOT%20Tourette's.gif

Oh that one was nice. :lol: :worship:

This is how I see it.
Because of how long it's been since Serena has played on clay on tour(almost 2 years), I put her in the same boat that Sharapova is in when it comes to Justine.
She needs to play an aggressive clay schedule, one in which she has a chance to play Justine to really see where she's at.

Serena just isn't going to come in and beat Justine on clay without some warmups.
She seems to recognize this and her schedule seems aggressive enough.

BUT if withdrawing starts to occur I question Serena's original motives.
This is a different playground compared to rebound ace.

Lulu.
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:36 AM

True that. :rolls:

Denise4925
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:45 AM
I'm not going to have high expectations because I, like everyone else didn't expect Serena to win the AO. It's better that way, even though I'm always going to be rooting for Serena. Well, Lena comes first, but Serena's always a favorite. I just wouldn't have extra high expectations because although Serena is a great mentally tough, she came dangerously close to losing twice at the AO. :sad: She makes her fans so nervous sometimes.

:lol: Yeah, but that's what makes the matches good. I like competitive matches, especially when my fave comes out on top. It's exciting.

Denise4925
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:47 AM
http://www.contextmag.com/archives/200108/images/diploma.jpg

Awww, don't be embarrassed. You just fucked up, that's all. :haha: It happens to the best of us. ;)

Denise4925
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:48 AM
Oh that one was nice. :lol: :worship:

Poor Wannabe. We see you. :)

starin
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:51 AM

serena got booed in all her matches during the FO in 2004? That's probably why she hasn't played their in two years. well, that and injury. lol.

supergrunt
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:52 AM
ME TOO!!!! :lol: :haha: :rolls:

Lulu.
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:53 AM
serena got booed in all her matches during the FO in 2004? That's probably why she hasn't played their in two years. well, that and injury. lol.

I dont think so. If she werent injured she wouldnt of miss it those two years

jjames69
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:54 AM
talk is cheap lets see them play now. justine is the best player in the world right now. plain and simple. lets see if serena can move those hips and become #1.

thomas.chung
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:54 AM
2003 and 2004 were some of tennis' darkest years I believe. I say that not because of the russian invasion or anything like that. Rather, it was the political war between United States and France that affect this sport. With all the French jokes and US jokes flying around at that time, it is understandable that some players from these countries suffer. However, tennis, like any other sport, should not be affected by any political and social factor. This is kind of the Olympic doctrine, and it is a one that all sports should follow. Unfortunately, players and fans let that got to them and as a result, Serena just took the blow at the French Open SF. However, Serena was not the only one on the receiving end of things, she also made jokes about how French only wants to make clothes and things like that which IMO further aggravated the Frenchs.

jjames69
Mar 8th, 2007, 01:04 AM
personally, i give serena 0% chance of beating an on form justine at the french this year. thats if serena makes it to the french. she outta just concentrate on wimby, and she probably will.

John.
Mar 8th, 2007, 01:07 AM
personally, i give serena 0% chance of beating an on form justine at the french this year. thats if serena makes it to the french. she outta just concentrate on wimby, and she probably will.

:wavey: TROLL ALERT

jjames69
Mar 8th, 2007, 01:10 AM
:wavey: TROLL ALERT

right, henin will do to serena what she did to davenport.

wheres the rest of the pirana?

John.
Mar 8th, 2007, 01:12 AM
right, henin will do to serena what she did to davenport.

OK :rolleyes:

Pureracket
Mar 8th, 2007, 01:13 AM
personally, i give serena 0% chance of beating an on form justine at the french this year. thats if serena makes it to the french. she outta just concentrate on wimby, and she probably will.TrOLL ALert!!!!!

jjames69
Mar 8th, 2007, 01:16 AM
and if serena can't beat justine in miami, forget it, its over.

Mother_Marjorie
Mar 8th, 2007, 01:53 AM
Awww, don't be embarrassed. You just fucked up, that's all. :haha: It happens to the best of us. ;)
http://www.geocities.com/Wellesley/3657/danapics/church_l.jpg

Denise4925
Mar 8th, 2007, 02:17 AM
http://www.geocities.com/Wellesley/3657/danapics/church_l.jpg

:lol: Very cute and clever. It took you what 4 or 5 hours to first think of that and then find the pic? :haha:

DemWilliamsGulls
Mar 8th, 2007, 02:21 AM
I really want Venus to win the french..since she's never won it...if not Venus then Serena...just as long as the word WILLIAMS is on the trophy lol!

G1Player2
Mar 8th, 2007, 03:42 AM
:lol: Yeah, but that's what makes the matches good. I like competitive matches, especially when my fave comes out on top. It's exciting.

Look, Denise. Serena has a better shot at beating JHH on clay, than JHH has at beating Serena on grass. THAT is a fact. In 2003, Serena was up 4-2 30-0 on the final set against JHH at the French Open before the hand incident, but she drummed JHH on the lawns of Wimbledon 2 weeks later. :) JHH has never even won a set off Serena other than clay while Serena has beaten JHH on clay before. :)

G1Player2
Mar 8th, 2007, 03:43 AM

Queen Justine (31):

Hard (17)
Clay (10)
Grass (2)
Carpet (2)

Queen Serena (27):

Hard (19)
Clay (2)
Grass (2)
Carpet (4)

Serena has a better shot at beating JHH at the French Open, than JH beating Serena at Wimbledon. :)

Denise4925
Mar 8th, 2007, 03:59 AM
Look, Denise. Serena has a better shot at beating JHH on clay, than JHH has at beating Serena on grass. THAT is a fact. In 2003, Serena was up 4-2 30-0 on the final set against JHH at the French Open before the hand incident, but she drummed JHH on the lawns of Wimbledon 2 weeks later. :) JHH has never even won a set off Serena other than clay while Serena has beaten JHH on clay before. :)

I know, but it's no sense in arguing this right now. Let Serena's racquet do the talking. I'm looking more forward to Miami and taking one match at a time than looking toward RG. I think Serena made this statement because she's emphasizing the fact that she would like to win another RG. It's a goal and she's setting her mind to it. If she does that, that means she's going to be ready to be competitive no matter who she faces at RG. We don't even know if either of them will even make it far enough in the tourney to meet each other. You never know what's going to happen between now and RG for either of them. Hopefully, both will stay well and be physically ready to face whatever competition they have at RG.

Brooklyn90
Mar 8th, 2007, 04:01 AM

Queen Justine (31):

Hard (17)
Clay (10)
Grass (2)
Carpet (2)

Queen Serena (27):

Hard (19)
Clay (2)
Grass (2)
Carpet (4)

Serena's a past champion, and a past champion always has a chance to win. But beating Justine on clay will be really tough. And Serena is this generations best player, She's won a Grand Slam on EVERY SURFACE!!!

shap_half
Mar 8th, 2007, 04:45 AM
Serena has a better shot at beating JHH at the French Open, than JH beating Serena at Wimbledon. :)
I don't think that's as convincing as you would like to be. I think Justine's a better grass court player than Serena is a clay court player. I also think Justine's a better clay court player than Serena is a grass court player.

jjames69
Mar 8th, 2007, 06:03 AM

do you realize its 2007, not 2003? justine has won 4 slams and been #1 for the year twice since that match? justine's game is suited very well for grass. problem is winning wimby after you've won the french is a difficult a task. :secret:

G1Player2
Mar 8th, 2007, 06:07 AM
I don't think that's as convincing as you would like to be. I think Justine's a better grass court player than Serena is a clay court player. I also think Justine's a better clay court player than Serena is a grass court player.

:weirdo: You DO realize that Serena has won the French Open right? Justine has NEVER won Wimbledon, so what are you talking about?

justine&coria
Mar 8th, 2007, 06:56 AM
:weirdo: You DO realize that Serena has won the French Open right? Justine has NEVER won Wimbledon, so what are you talking about?
In a way, Serena didn't have to face Justine to win RG. Justine lost to the bests = Serena and Venus at Wimby.
And as many people pointed it out, Justine isn't the same player as in 2002. Last day, I watched a previous meeting of Serena and Justine (when Serena beat Justine 7/6 6/0), and realised how much Justine's game has improved.
I'm a fan of Justine, and I might be biaised, but I really think that Justine could beat Serena at her best even on grass or hard.
That's why I'd really like them to meet at Miami before the clay season.

bandabou
Mar 8th, 2007, 07:14 AM
So folks are saying: Justine at her best can beat Serena even on grass and hardcourts (something she's yet to do), but Serena doesn't stand a chance of beating Henin on clay ( something she's already done) ? Hmmm....okay.

bandabou
Mar 8th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Hey...let's look at this way: Everybody can set goals. Doesn't mean it's gonna happen for certain. If it happens..great, if not..not the end of the world.

I mean look at Henin last year. Wimbledon was a goal for her too and we all know how that panned out. So if Serena doesn't win RG this year, won't be the first player not to achieve her goals..won't be the last.

G1Player2
Mar 8th, 2007, 07:53 AM
So folks are saying: Justine at her best can beat Serena even on grass and hardcourts (something she's yet to do), but Serena doesn't stand a chance of beating Henin on clay ( something she's already done) ? Hmmm....okay.

:worship: Love ya bandy. :lol:

bandabou
Mar 8th, 2007, 01:23 PM
:worship: Love ya bandy. :lol:

;)

VishaalMaria
Mar 8th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Then you must have overdosed on ecstasy.

The very same thing happened at Roland Garros. Richard said so.

At the French Open Serena was booed because the crowd thought she was being childish and taking away points from Justine.

At Indian Wells, Serena was victim to racial abuse as supported by Venus. ;)

Kabezya
Mar 8th, 2007, 08:12 PM

:D

Lulu.
Mar 8th, 2007, 08:16 PM

Right :rolleyes:

Denise4925
Mar 8th, 2007, 08:26 PM

:yeah:

hingisGOAT
Mar 8th, 2007, 08:30 PM

:weirdo:, & LMAO @ this logic. i guess it's kind of like how venus was never able to beat novotna indoors or on grass... she never did it, she never could do it :bowdown: :worship: jana!

hingisGOAT
Mar 8th, 2007, 08:32 PM
serena could never beat ASV on clay or grass :eek:. she's just not at that level, ya know?

G1Player2
Mar 8th, 2007, 08:43 PM
:weirdo:, & LMAO @ this logic. i guess it's kind of like how venus was never able to beat novotna indoors or on grass... she never did it, she never could do it :bowdown: :worship: jana!

Venus 3 Wimbledon titles
Jana 1 Wimbledon title

:)

G1Player2
Mar 8th, 2007, 08:44 PM
serena could never beat ASV on clay or grass :eek:. she's just not at that level, ya know?

Serena gave ASV some of the worst beatdowns of her career in the last 4 meeting they played. :)

Even then, a 16 year-old Serena was up a set and 4-2 against ASV at he French open, the same year ASV went on to win it, before the whole conroversy in that match started.

Mother_Marjorie
Mar 8th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Serena gave ASV some of the worst beatdowns of her career in the last 4 meeting they played. :)

Even then, a 16 year-old Serena was up a set and 4-2 against ASV at he French open, the same year ASV went on to win it, before the whole conroversy in that match started.
Serena Williams has only won two clay court tournaments in her entire career.

Stop trying to compare Serena and her one French Open win to the great clay court players of this and most recent generation.

That includes:

Steffi Graf
Monica Seles
ASV
Justine Henin

bandabou
Mar 8th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Hey it's just a goal...doesn't mean she is certain to achieve it. If she achieves it: great. If not, it's not the end of the world. The same as with Justine last year: Wimbledon was also a goal for her...and we all saw how that turned out. Thing is: Serena already has that RG-title.

So, Serena may or may not win RG this year...but you know what? She is and won't be the last player to not achieve a goal.

starin
Mar 8th, 2007, 09:25 PM

Stop trying to compare Serena and her one French Open win to the great clay court players of this and most recent generation.

That includes:

Steffi Graf
Monica Seles
ASV
Justine Henin

yes...but look at who else has won the FO of the current players.
Myskina ....in a comlete slump and gossip of retirement.
Capriati.....hasn't played since 2004 due to injury
Pierce.....out with a possibly career ending injury

Of all the other past FO champions Serena is the only active one still winning titles. (slam titles at that). So I'd rate Serena as having one of the best chances of beating Henin @ the FO. (although personally I believe Venus could take Henin down at the FO...but I don't have history or stats to back me up, just a gut feeling). Ohh...and Serena had to beat the 2000 and 2001 FO champions to win her FO, so I'd rate Serena as pretty good on clay.

DOUBLEFIST
Mar 8th, 2007, 09:46 PM
(although personally I believe Venus could take Henin down at the FO...but I don't have history or stats to back me up, just a gut feeling). Ohh...and Serena had to beat the 2000 and 2001 FO champions to win her FO, so I'd rate Serena as pretty good on clay.
Agreed and agreed! :yeah:

TSequoia01
Mar 8th, 2007, 09:55 PM

Donot know what criteria you are using to make this statement but it simply is not true. Serena was won a slam on Clay....we are all still awaiting Justine's win at Wimbledon. In addition Justine's problems on grass has much to do with time. On clay she has the time to execute her fabulous backhand shots. On grass she is simply rushed. Mauresmo has the same problem sometimes especially when they play Serena. Serena when she is on her game give them little time to setup.

kiwifan
Mar 8th, 2007, 10:41 PM
I think Serena's main goal every year is...

...the next Slam. :shrug:

Brooklyn90
Mar 8th, 2007, 10:45 PM

:lol: please Serena went 20-1 in three years at Wimbledon

slydevil6142
Mar 8th, 2007, 10:46 PM
If Maria can smack Justine around a hardcourt I KNOW Serena can....... Justines fans would like to believe that Justine wont be nervous playing the sisters but the truth is they are the only two players Justine would rather not see in her section of the draw.

G1Player2
Mar 8th, 2007, 10:53 PM

That includes:

Steffi Graf
Monica Seles
ASV
Justine Henin

Serena's WON French Open title trumps EVERYTHING comparable Justine has done on grass. Unless you think wins on Rosmalen is anything significant. When Justine wins Wimbledon get back to me. Serena has won the French Open before. Live with it.:)

missclaret
Mar 8th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Go Serena!! hope she wins the french open! she is an inspiration.

shap_half
Mar 8th, 2007, 10:56 PM
:lol: please Serena went 20-1 in three years at Wimbledon

What does that mean? Except that she's great on grass. It doesn't mean she's as good on grass as Justine is on clay. Justine whose only loss at RG in 5 years was when she's sick.

Donot know what criteria you are using to make this statement but it simply is not true. Serena was won a slam on Clay....we are all still awaiting Justine's win at Wimbledon. In addition Justine's problems on grass has much to do with time. On clay she has the time to execute her fabulous backhand shots. On grass she is simply rushed. Mauresmo has the same problem sometimes especially when they play Serena. Serena when she is on her game give them little time to setup.

My criteria being in the past 5 times Justine's played at Wimbledon (save 05) she's lost 3 times to the eventual champion and 1 time to Venus Williams. I'd say that's a pretty stellar record for someone touted as a "clay court player". How many people do you think are capable of beating Serena on clay even on Serena's best days? Answers of fanaticism need not reply.

Conor
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:01 PM
If Maria can smack Justine around a hardcourt I KNOW Serena can....... Justines fans would like to believe that Justine wont be nervous playing the sisters but the truth is they are the only two players Justine would rather not see in her section of the draw.

And did Justine tell you this personally??? :rolleyes: Dont be ridiculous... you dont win 5 slams by being afraid of players. The bigger they come... the better Justine plays... im sure Justine would relish playing a Williams sister now (and vice versa). Im sure Serena fans would like to believe that Serena wouldn't be nervous playing Justine but the truth is... Justine is the only player Serena would rather not see in her section of the draw - now how bloody daft does that sound?? It holds no ground whatsoever! Just like your comment

Brooklyn90
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:06 PM
And did Justine tell you this personally??? :rolleyes: Dont be ridiculous... you dont win 5 slams by being afraid of players. The bigger they come... the better Justine plays... im sure Justine would relish playing a Williams sister now (and vice versa). Im sure Serena fans would like to believe that Serena wouldn't be nervous playing Justine but the truth is... Justine is the only player Serena would rather not see in her section of the draw - now how bloody daft does that sound?? It holds no ground whatsoever! Just like your comment

The fact that you are contradicting your self in this statement amuses me. You said "you dont win 5 slams by being afraid of players" and then you said of the 8time grand slam champion Serena Williams "Im sure Serena fans would like to believe that Serena wouldn't be nervous playing Justine but the truth is... Justine is the only player Serena would rather not see in her section of the draw" AND DID SERENA TELL YOU THIS PERSONALLY??????????? So if your right a 5 time grand slam champion wont be afraid of anybody, but an 8 time grand slam champion will :rolleyes:

Denise4925
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:07 PM

That includes:

Steffi Graf
Monica Seles
ASV
Justine Henin

Why not, you're comparing Justine on grass (0 Wimblys and 2 grass court titles with Serena (2 Wimblys and 2 clay court titles, one being RG)?

slydevil6142
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:11 PM

No you dont win 5 slams by being afraid ... you win 3 of them by playing a chocker in the final and not having your main opposition there in at least 2 of your slam wins..... Justine remembers the "good ole days" of williams domination and believe me shes alot more afraid of them than the other way around and I dont care how old the h2h is she still knows shes only beaten venus once in eight tries and serena 3 times in eight tries..... she would much rather play any other player than perhaps the only two she has a losing record against. I dont know why i agrue with posters who have been following tennis for all of 1-2 years and think they can tell me something new.

starin
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:13 PM
The fact that you are contradicting your self in this statement amuses me. You said "you dont win 5 slams by being afraid of players" and then you said of the 8time grand slam champion Serena Williams "Im sure Serena fans would like to believe that Serena wouldn't be nervous playing Justine but the truth is... Justine is the only player Serena would rather not see in her section of the draw" AND DID SERENA TELL YOU THIS PERSONALLY??????????? So if your right a 5 time grand slam champion wont be afraid of anybody, but an 8 time grand slam champion will :rolleyes:

lol....owned!!

Conor
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:13 PM

lol Pacomexican im not contradicting myself.... im saying how stupid it would sound if I or a fellow Justine fan were to say that... hence thee 'now how bloody daft does that sound??' :rolleyes: Read carefully ;)

Brooklyn90
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:16 PM
lol Pacomexican im not contradicting myself.... im saying how stupid it would sound if I or a fellow Justine fan were to say that... hence thee 'now how bloody daft does that sound??' :rolleyes: Read carefully ;)

if I knew what bloody daft meant maybe I would have got it :lol:

darrinbaker00
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Maybe this will help:
http://209.161.33.50/dictionary/daft

Conor
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Oh right... sorry... I thought everyone knew what daft meant :rolleyes: , I guess 'stupid' would have been much more appropiate then.... lol

VishaalMaria
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:19 PM

Daft just means stupid. LOL!@the Irish

pigam
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Wow english speakers laughing at someone using an existing word...
Mmmm :scratch: a new high :yeah:

bandabou
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:28 PM

me think so too

pigam
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:34 PM
No you dont win 5 slams by being afraid ... you win 3 of them by playing a chocker in the final and not having your main opposition there in at least 2 of your slam wins.....
This argument is just as good as saying "Serena only had to beat her own sister to win half of her slams"
Justine remembers the "good ole days" of williams domination and believe me shes alot more afraid of them than the other way around
of course she rmemebers. If you're interested, she gae a TV interview today and said she has enourmous respect for every opponent, she knows she shouldn't underestimate anyone. But to say she's afraid? She knows how to play Serena. She has more experience now also.
and I dont care how old the h2h is she still knows shes only beaten venus once in eight tries and serena 3 times in eight tries..... she would much rather play any other player than perhaps the only two she has a losing record against.
Maybe. Maybe she wants to change her loosing record and she is actually looking forward to have the opportnity of playing against them. Could it actually be that not only Serena, but also Justine thrives on competition?
I dont know why i agrue with posters who have been following tennis for all of 1-2 years and think they can tell me something new.
How do you know how long peple have been following tennis?
You don't provide one single argument that actually means something or brings something new to the table. :shrug:

So go ahead, make a reply, and wait for the "OWNED" to be attacvhed to it :rolleyes:
WHO even argues that Serena is great competition for Justine?? or any other topplayer? Who would dare to do such a thing? Noone!! But to say Justine is trembling in her shoesis just as DAFT! STUPID! INSANE! FARFETCHED! RETARDED! UNEDUCATED! DOM! STUPIDE!

vejh
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:38 PM
^lol.

darrinbaker00
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:39 PM
I think we can all agree that Justine is infinitely more afraid of Pierre's lawyer than any tennis player..... ;)

bandabou
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:40 PM
What does that mean? Except that she's great on grass. It doesn't mean she's as good on grass as Justine is on clay. Justine whose only loss at RG in 5 years was when she's sick.

My criteria being in the past 5 times Justine's played at Wimbledon (save 05) she's lost 3 times to the eventual champion and 1 time to Venus Williams. I'd say that's a pretty stellar record for someone touted as a "clay court player". How many people do you think are capable of beating Serena on clay even on Serena's best days? Answers of fanaticism need not reply.

So Serena's record on clay at RG is weak?
'98 4th round..lost to ASV, eventual winner.
'99 MJF...that was weak 3rd round.
'00 DNP
'01 QF lost Capriati..eventual winner.
'02 W beating def champ Capriati in SF
'03 SF lost Henin eventual winner.
'04 QF lost to Capriati.

So there you have it. has reached at least QF for the last 4 times she's played and has lost to the eventual winner twice, won it once.. seems pretty much comparable to Henin's record on grass..if not better.

Conor
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:42 PM
:lol: This argument is just as good as saying "Serena only had to beat her own sister to win half of her slams"

of course she rmemebers. If you're interested, she gae a TV interview today and said she has enourmous respect for every opponent, she knows she shouldn't underestimate anyone. But to say she's afraid? She knows how to play Serena. She has more experience now also.

Maybe. Maybe she wants to change her loosing record and she is actually looking forward to have the opportnity of playing against them. Could it actually be that not only Serena, but also Justine thrives on competition?

How do you know how long peple have been following tennis?
You don't provide one single argument that actually means something or brings something new to the table. :shrug:

So go ahead, make a reply, and wait for the "OWNED" to be attacvhed to it :rolleyes:
WHO even argues that Serena is great competition for Justine?? or any other topplayer? Who would dare to do such a thing? Noone!! But to say Justine is trembling in her shoesis just as DAFT! STUPID! INSANE! FARFETCHED! RETARDED! UNEDUCATED! DOM! STUPIDE!

So true pigam... here have some reputation! :lol:

bandabou
Justine-fans brought this to themselves..by stating that Serena didn't stand a chance against Henin, even saying that Serena should be afraid of Henin.

well guess what...same holds for Henin as well.

vejh
Hey, somebody posts Lindsay's clay court record.lol

Conor
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:46 PM
I think we can all agree that Justine is infinitely more afraid of Pierre's lawyer than any tennis player..... ;)

Quite right.... bet shes having recurring nightmares and all! :lol: Seriously... he better not get a penny though. She paid for his flying lessons, what more does he expect?? lol

vejh
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:46 PM
Justine-fans brought this to themselves..by stating that Serena didn't stand a chance against Henin, even saying that Serena should be afraid of Henin.

Don't be naive.lol. The history on this board is EVERYBODY should be afraid of Serena. SO Henin fans brought nothing on themselves; it has been said ages ago that and it was being said here; nothing new.

It's stupid. Because they both have respect for the other. Well I can vouch for Henin being very much aware of Serena's prowess on court and she respects that, as any competitor should. I can't vouch for Serena, but I would think that she knows Henin is excellent on clay and her record over her (Serena) and everybody else on tour, on clay, speaks for itself.

Conor
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:47 PM

Well watever Justine fan said this, on a serious note, should have their head examined....

Mother_Marjorie
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:48 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_CfUs4VmDg

VishaalMaria
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:50 PM

I love that song!!!

darrinbaker00
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:50 PM
'00 DNP
'04 QF lost to Capriati.

So there you have it. has reached at least QF for the last 4 times she's played and has lost to the eventual winner twice, won it once.. seems pretty much comparable to Henin's record on grass..if not better.
JUSTINE'S WIMBLEDON RECORD: 22-6
2000: 1R to Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario 1-6, 6-1, 1-6
2001: F to Venus Williams 1-6, 6-3, 0-6
2002: SF to Venus Williams 2-6, 3-6
2003: SF to Serena Williams 3-6, 3-6
2004: DNP
2005: 1R to Eleni Daniilidou 6-7(8), 6-2, 5-7
2006: F to Amelie Mauresmo 6-2, 3-6, 4-6

VishaalMaria
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:51 PM
JUSTINE'S WIMBLEDON RECORD: 22-6
2000: 1R to Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario 1-6, 6-1, 1-6
2001: F to Venus Williams 1-6, 6-3, 0-6
2002: SF to Venus Williams 2-6, 3-6
2003: SF to Serena Williams 3-6, 3-6
2004: DNP
2005: 1R to Eleni Daniilidou 6-7(8), 6-2, 5-7
2006: F to Amelie Mauresmo 6-2, 3-6, 4-6

Actually that's impressive. She really should have won that 05 first round match.

-VSR-
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:52 PM
'00 DNP
'04 QF lost to Capriati.

Excellent. :bowdown:

Conor
Mar 8th, 2007, 11:53 PM

Love this song... havent heard it in donkies! :cool: