PDA

View Full Version : Lindsey Nelson rolls over Abigail spears

tennis_pIayer
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:33 AM
YAY! she's a college player at USC ranked 600+ right now, and abigal spears is a top 150 player... smacked her in 2 sets.

now she plays stephanie dubois. Hopefully she'll take her out too w/ her big bomb two handed strokes...

darrinbaker00
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:37 AM
YAY! she's a college player at USC ranked 600+ right now, and abigal spears is a top 150 player... smacked her in 2 sets.

now she plays stephanie dubois. Hopefully she'll take her out too w/ her big bomb two handed strokes...
Of course Lindsey will win. She's not playing Susie Babos. GO BEARS!! :bounce:

Jakeev
Mar 6th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Of course Lindsey will win. She's not playing Susie Babos. GO BEARS!! :bounce:

LOL she has a hard time with Suzy now doesn't she? Kind of interesting too cause some players that have been clobbered by Nelson in collegiate play have had good wins over Babos.

But to beat Spears today like that. GO LINDS!!!!

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 6th, 2007, 11:38 AM
go Lindsey ;) hope she can make MD ;)

tobi
Mar 6th, 2007, 12:39 PM
wow congrats Lindsey

Derek.
Mar 6th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Lindsey. :D

.Andrew.
Mar 6th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Congrats, Lindsay! :eek: :yeah:

Abagail :tape: :help:

Harju.
Mar 6th, 2007, 03:27 PM
:eek:.
Didn't she beat a top 150 player too last year. Congrats Lindsey :worship:.

Abi :tape:

dutchsf
Mar 6th, 2007, 04:26 PM
YEs, i don;t know lindsey but i saw Abigail once and really disliked her. Spoiled little brat

Kai
Mar 6th, 2007, 04:34 PM
congrats Lindsey :yeah: :D

tennis_pIayer
Mar 6th, 2007, 04:55 PM
last year she beat Meng yuan in 3 tight sets. i think MYuan was in top 100 then.

Drake1980
Mar 6th, 2007, 04:56 PM
:eek: I'm shocked!!! Hopefully Steph can get her now;)

~Eclipsed~
Mar 6th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Is Nelson that good or didn't Spears play that well?

I'm surprised Spears lost, but good win Lindsay!:D

:inlove:
Mar 6th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Lindsey :D :cool: :kiss: Nice win! Let's go! :bounce:

tennis_pIayer
Mar 6th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Dont know about spears or the acutal match really, but Nelson plays really well against pace (rather than junk or moonballs). And she always seems to do better in bigger wta events rather tahn itf ones.

Highlandman
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Abigail :bigcry: :sad:

Jakeev
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Dont know about spears or the acutal match really, but Nelson plays really well against pace (rather than junk or moonballs). And she always seems to do better in bigger wta events rather tahn itf ones.

Linds' biggest problem is her lack of variety. But she is improving that in every season.

Not sure if that is going to spell a pro career for her but would love to see her play a couple of years on tour.

DennisPostedThis
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Impressive win!

¤CharlDa¤
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Very Impressive win. Too bad for Abi though.

Sadly I'm hoping her tourney finishes today ;)

tennis_pIayer
Mar 6th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Jakeev, you are very knowledgeable. are you a college fan? how dou know bout these college players?

I also agree that LN has little margn for error on her game. She also is not as athletic (too skinny). she needs to get into the gym to get some more leg and arm muscles...

tennis_pIayer
Mar 6th, 2007, 07:58 PM
But Lnelson seems to do really well against Logar from stanford, who seems to OWN suzie babos.
nelson seems to be able to hit logar off the court as she simply retrieves but w/ good pace and topspin. Logar's game however goades Babos into making errors b/c babos doesn't hit as hard as nelson but with more variety (which doesn't seem to bother logar)
but babos variety really seems to get into L.nel's head.

tennis_pIayer
Mar 6th, 2007, 08:53 PM
6-2 first set over dubois! keep it up LD. jakeev any thoughts on other college players turning pro? i think cohen has a decent chance, maybe gloria? not sure bout babos