PDA

View Full Version : Who's the future of french tennis?

floco
Mar 6th, 2007, 01:12 AM
Mauresmo certainly have a few more years in her, and Pierce might make a last comeback... but let's face it, in about 4 years, the Mauresmo/Pierce era will come to an end.
Golovin is the most obvious answer, but who knows how far she can go... should we expect more from even younger Cornet? What about Rezai who has a huge potential? Any good from Fedossova, Johannson, Parmentier... others?
Can Bartoli and Razzano improve as they get older?
Discuss!

Frode
Mar 6th, 2007, 01:19 AM
Golovin can definatly become Top 10, but GS winer, not sure.

Never seen Cornet play, but her results are impressive.

Razai, top 30 ,Top 20 at best,

selyoink
Mar 6th, 2007, 01:32 AM
Tati is the best of those.

RJWCapriati
Mar 6th, 2007, 02:18 AM
Bartoli

Nicolás89
Mar 6th, 2007, 02:26 AM
french tennis has a future? :scratch:

(in wta)

piercerocks
Mar 6th, 2007, 03:34 AM
tatiana and alize!

floco
Mar 6th, 2007, 04:38 AM
ok i gave a vote to Virginie... :lol: so delusional... she'll never be a top player but she can beat them on a good day - while I'm not sure Bartoli can - and i dont know, i like her for some reason :p

Lulu.
Mar 6th, 2007, 04:39 AM
Definitely Tati

-sugi-
Mar 6th, 2007, 07:00 AM
Golovin and possibly Cornet, although Alize is still young.

Kunal
Mar 6th, 2007, 07:14 AM
monfils and gasquet.......golovin not so sure

SvetaPleaseWin.
Mar 6th, 2007, 07:46 AM
golovin for me is the best french prospect-after she can win her first title i think she will be pretty tough to stop, shes shown she can beat the best its just doing it in the big matches.

i reckon rezai is perhaps the 2nd biggest hope. i think shes a great player but maybe a less talented version of mirza, her crazy dad is a worry as well :tape:

bartoli is a good striker of the ball but her serve and movement are just :tape: again another strange father :rolleyes: i havent seen her game change over the past couple of years and i dont think it will do in the future. she will be a good player, maybe a GS 1/4 final or two but i dont think she will reach the heights of the game

i think its a bit soon to say for cornet, fedossova, parmentier and johannson-they have all had good results. i personally think fedossova will achieve the most but the other 3 will all do well.

razzano :confused: i dont know, i dont think shes that great to be honest :shrug:

mandy7
Mar 6th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Tati and no one else

améliemomo
Mar 6th, 2007, 08:12 AM
tati for hard courts and alizé for clay courts,she s only 16 and made good results on the tour.
She has fighting spirit and love roland garros.Hopefully she will do great there.

stefi62
Mar 6th, 2007, 08:13 AM
Well, the first one to access top level will certainly be Tatiana, who is so mature compared to the others (I leave appart Razzano who's already 25, and could not confirm as senior what she did as junior).

I hope Aravane can go further, but she has to climb step by step and if she improves, she can't be as high as expected before a few years.

Alizé can also go high, but she has to put more power to her game.

Then for the others, I have no idea, Bartoli should start playing Tier II or more tournaments and not play so much and maybe she can do something...

AnneSo006
Mar 6th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Tati for sure! :bounce:

She'll win her first title this year, also win more confidence and become unbeatable! :)

Shonami Slam
Mar 6th, 2007, 09:47 AM
french players born in 1988 or later:

Golovin
fedossova
Cornet
pavlovic
Fayol
Huck
Vongsouthi
Doutrelant
Cazeaux
Scharle
Guisard
Radovanovic (born 1991, ranked 782)

that's a dozen damselles that are already ranked, all promising and capable of going higher.
somehow, i'm not worried of the future of french tennis. they have been a force since the beggining of tennis, and they have forever created great athletes whom played well on all different surfaces and styles.

Amandine Hesse is the most promising 1993 born player so far. good name to follow.

FrenchY52
Mar 6th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Tati, most talented
I don't see Aravane not reaching at least top15, it'd kill her and her father
Alizé's already a good clay player and i'm sure sh'ell do well in RG later
Then Bartoli's peak has probably passed last year.. Virginie :rolleyes: :tape:

Dino?Dino.Dino!
Mar 6th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Of the ones mentioned in the poll; Golovin.

TaxPower
Mar 6th, 2007, 10:14 AM
aravane is a diamond. Golovin, if she's not too injured and focuses more on tennis, can be a top10. And, as a friend, i have to say that Virginie has shown us how well she can play. If she could have a better coach!

Hashim.
Mar 6th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Tati n Rezai

Hashim.
Mar 6th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Tati n Rezai

Hashim.
Mar 6th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Tati n Rezai

Hashim.
Tati n Rezai

Hashim.
Tati n Rezai

Craigy
Mar 6th, 2007, 12:06 PM
french tennis has a future? :scratch:

(in wta)

Yes. Tati and Ailze. :)

CORIA01
Mar 6th, 2007, 12:07 PM
WITH MORE HELPS ARAVANE CAN DEFINETELY BE A TOP PLAYER!!!

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Mar 6th, 2007, 12:57 PM
tati for sure

Shimizu Amon
Mar 6th, 2007, 01:10 PM
I don't want to look into the future yet, I'm still longing for Mary to return and have a few more golden years :yeah:

Iceland
Mar 6th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Amandine Hesse is the most promising 1993 born player so far. good name to follow.

I really don't think so, Kristina Mladenovic is really the one to watch for the 1993 generation. She is physically very impressive with a huge serve and a powerful forehand (she is 1m80 tall). She is the pearl of the French tennis, the FFT is taking some big measures for her, she already has a personal coach whereas the others don't. She is Mary's future.

At the present moment, Tatiana is the player who has the most diversified and mature game. She has her place in the top 5 and will be leading the French team.

Aravane is improving very quickly, her game is worth better than last year as she added some new skills to her tennis like some volleys or top spin shots. If she works on her fitness and her serve, she could really have a great carrier. She will give all she has to make it :)

Alizé plays well and cleverly, she is extremely fit, I don't know her limits as she is putting more power in her shots now. She is the French Peer. She can reach top 10 too, I guess.

Gracia should also be mentionned in that list, she has really the game to shine. Good serve, powerful shots, nice volleys ... a very complete player that has to work on staying focused and healthy.

MistyGrey
Mar 6th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Tati n Rezai

We got ur point the first time u posted that! :wavey:

MistyGrey
Mar 6th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Tati! :bounce:

BartoliBabes
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:03 PM
i made thee exact same poll a couple of months ago..
but i choose bartoli of course! i think marion, tatiana and aravane have shown the most promise.. i hope they continue to achieve

Sexysova
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:12 PM
TATI - It's clear :drool:

John.
Mar 6th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Golovin and Rezai

dangerjenny
Mar 6th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Tati for sure.

matthias
Mar 6th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Cornet imo