PDA

View Full Version : IW Qualies Rnd 1: S. Dubois d. Y. Shvedova 6-1 ret.

maxomax
Mar 5th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Well done Steph :) Finally a win this year!

I wonder why Yaroslava retired... her last tournament was Bangalore and she won it!

Natash.
Mar 5th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Aww..

Hope Shvedova's alright.

matthieu_tennis
Mar 5th, 2007, 11:41 PM
It's not the best way to win a match :) but It will up your confidence let's go dubois next rounds :) and Jarka recover fastly plase !!

LUXXXAS
Mar 5th, 2007, 11:41 PM
Yarka :hug: she must have been injured because Steph tennis skills are :tape:
congrats Stephanie OFC :p :yeah:

tennis_pIayer
Mar 5th, 2007, 11:43 PM
Hopefully Lindsey nelson beats her next round

Dexter
Mar 5th, 2007, 11:43 PM
Wondering what was the problem with Jarka... :sad: Hope nothing too serious. :unsure:

Please qualify now, Stephanie! She's likely going to face [WC] Lindsey Nelson who is leading Spears 63 5-3* now.

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 5th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Just terrible. I can always deal with a favorite losing. I don't like it but I can deal with it but it really bums me out bigtime when a favorite has to retire injured or unwell :sad: Yari has been through so much injury-wise and just as things are coming together for her she really doesn't need this. :crying2: :sobbing: :bigcry: :hysteric: :tears: Excuse me. This is all too much. :bolt:

goldenlox
Mar 5th, 2007, 11:54 PM
She didn't belong in the qualies after winning Bangalore.
Yari has to get healthy. She needs to be in the RG main draw, ready to play.

tiptop
Mar 5th, 2007, 11:58 PM
It's a pity that she retired. Hope it's nothing serious and she'll recover soon...

Frode
Mar 5th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Terrible sad for Shvedova. I was hoping she could quallify so I could catch her on Eurosport next week.

There are not to many WTA tournament winners I have never seen play, but she is one. Hope she recovers soon.

Dubois faces world # 628 next

BoucharDRules
Mar 5th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Go Stephanie! :bounce:

maxomax
Mar 6th, 2007, 01:17 AM
Nelson beat Yuan last year :eek: I hope Steph will beat her!

Drake1980
Mar 6th, 2007, 01:18 AM
Best of luck tomorrow Steph:)

Sharapova's_Boy
Mar 6th, 2007, 01:18 AM
Yari :sad:

stevos
Mar 6th, 2007, 02:36 AM
Steph :hearts:

Keep it up, a win is a win :shrug:

Simplicity.
Mar 6th, 2007, 02:40 AM
Good win in the first set for Dubois :)

Dementieva_Dude
Mar 6th, 2007, 02:40 AM
It's too bad it had to end in a retirement, but I hope Steph makes the most of her chances, and qualifies - putting 2 Canadians in the main draw of a non-Canadian-Open Tier 1!

LindsayRulz
Mar 6th, 2007, 02:43 AM
Yay! Good Luck in next rounds Stephanie!

¤CharlDa¤
Mar 6th, 2007, 02:44 AM
Steph :D A win is a win, especially right now. Very tough start to 2007, hopefully qualifying and winning a round or pushing a higher ranked player can just give us the extra confidence she lacked this year.

¤CharlDa¤
Mar 6th, 2007, 02:50 AM
Yarka :hug: she must have been injured because Steph tennis skills are :tape:

Thanks for that :rolleyes: Stephanie is a very talented player, an awesome girl, and I'm sure loads of people would kill for her skills. She has many top 100 wins, a wta quarterfinal and a tier 1 third round and she was a good junior player.

No need to attack her because Shvedova suddenly decided to win a wta tourney.

Vincey!
Mar 6th, 2007, 02:54 AM
Steph..good luck tomorrow :D

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 6th, 2007, 03:16 AM
Yari :sobbing: :sad:
hope its nothing too bad

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:52 AM
Go Steph!!

tobi
Mar 6th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Hope nothing serious with Yari :( :sobbing:

.Andrew.
Mar 6th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Shvedova :eek: :sad:

Coming off the Bangalore win, this is depressing.

Well done, Stephanie :rolleyes: :help: :angel:

CooCooCachoo
Mar 6th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Yari :sad: :sad: :sad:

gocanadago
Mar 6th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Too bad it had to end with a retirement,:( Congrats Steph! :banana:

Harju.
Mar 6th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Steph :yeah:
Finally a win, granted it's not a full match! Hope she builds her confidence from here onwards.

Yari :hug:
Injured again :(

:inlove:
Mar 6th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Yari :mad: :sobbing: :crying2: Get well soon. :bigcry: :hug: :kiss:

LUXXXAS
Mar 6th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Thanks for that :rolleyes: Stephanie is a very talented player, an awesome girl, and I'm sure loads of people would kill for her skills. She has many top 100 wins, a wta quarterfinal and a tier 1 third round and she was a good junior player.

No need to attack her because Shvedova suddenly decided to win a wta tourney.
I'm not attacking her-just facts... I have this "pleasure" to watch her match last year againts Garbin in Montreal :tape: and it was one of the most boring things I've ever watched in my life...
:help: man :tape: come back to Earth :lol:
she's a pro tennis player for 6 years or even more and won just 5 WTA MD matches :haha: (including one against Kim by retirement :lol:) qualified just once for wta tournament (last year us open)
I'm sure she has a lot of talents but definitely not for this sport :spit:

maxomax
Mar 6th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Lepchenko is also a pro player for 6 years and only won 4 MD matches in WTA (3 against LL). She is in the top 100. Why don't you bash her? :rolleyes:

You only saw Steph playing once and you say she is boring :lol:

Drake1980
Mar 6th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Steph is an amazing player. I mean if you're ranked top 140 you are an amazing player!! She's still very young and will see be Top 100 and winning Main Draw matches. On top of this she is a very very nice girl.
You really have no need to be attacking her especially in this thread!!

LUXXXAS
Mar 6th, 2007, 05:32 PM
all Canadians :spit:
I know she's a nice girl and has a beautiful smile :yeah: but sorry guys :help:
if a girl is talented she has results :)
and I didn't say she is boring :lol: but her tennis - YES :spit: no weapon at all :o
open your eyes :p

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:51 PM
I think I'd like to intervene here just a bit. I am definately a Yari fan and I do think based on Yari's current form and her results over the last 6 months which show prior to this match since Wimbledon Yari has lost only one other match by a 6-1 margin it is clear Yari was not fit. Even when Yari loses she is always competitive, Yari is not a girl that goes down without a fight, therefore it is very clear from the scoreline that something was very wrong with Yari. Prior to this match Dubois had lost all 6 matches she had played this year including 4 sets in which she won one or less games. I think it is fair to say that had Yari been healthy she was at the very least the far more likely winner of this match.

My primary thoughts right now are simply that I hope Yari isn't too badly hurt and I am hoping she was just unwell rather than injured. Judging from the score that would appear possible. I would always rather see a player retire 6-1 down than 6-1 up which would been even more worrying.

However, I do feel a need now to offer support to Dubois's supporters. I can see Steph clearly has some very loyal fans and I'm sure she is a nice girl. And I totally agree that ANY player that makes the top 200 has immense talent. She has indeed also had some good results in the past too, mostly in Canada. I also agree that as Dubois is young (20) and ,having already achieved a solid top 150 ranking, there is no reason why she shouldn't have a good top 100 career.

Ofcourse, Stephanie has been in a slump, I'm sure all her fans would acknowledge that, and she has clearly been quite fortunate to benefit from a retirement to get past a very in-form player. But this is nothing unusual. Retirements and injuries are sadly part of the game and where one player suffers another gets a good opportunity. I wish her the best of luck making the most of her good fortune. She has a relatively easy 2nd round match and if she can get past that and into the main draw having played a couple of matches, she should have a chance to get a win in the main draw.

¤CharlDa¤
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Thanks Chris. Agreed with everything you said there.

It just pisses me off that for some people, being talented means being in the top 20 or sthing. Stephanie has worked her ass off for years, she is the fittest girl out there, she is tiny and still manages to hold herself against bigger players. She had a dismal start to the year, I know, she knows, we all know. But saying she isn't talented and no weapons is just plain stupid and igorant.

Steph has strenghts: she is really fit, incredibly fast, and has a great inside-out forehand that can do a lot of damage. Her best strenght is how she is an incredibly nice and adorable person. And it shows in the amount of fans she has. And she can be totally proud of that, and who fucking cares about people like LUXXXAS who don't know her or her career.

The fact is, Dubois is in the next round and Yari isn't. Get over it.

LindsayRulz
Mar 6th, 2007, 07:10 PM
was it necessary to badrep me ChrisCHorse because I was happy for Stephanie?

¤CharlDa¤
Mar 6th, 2007, 07:12 PM
It's been a tough year for Dubois fans, and in no way we are happy that Yari is injured or had to retire. But Steph needs desperately some wins, and if it can give her the confidence to win those big points, which was the problem in the past few weeks, then it could turn her year around.

¤CharlDa¤
Mar 6th, 2007, 07:13 PM
if a girl is talented she has results :)

Hum then Marta D isn't talented? Karolina Sprem?

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 6th, 2007, 07:17 PM
was it necessary to badrep me ChrisCHorse because I was happy for Stephanie?

Rejoicing in someone winning a match as the expense of another person being hurt or sick without making any attempt at offering sympathy to the injured or unwell player is crass in the extreme. Necessary? No. Appropiate, reasonable and justified? Yes.

I certainly would not bad rep any player who was happy to see Dubois in the final round of qualifying but also has the sensitivity to offer sympathies to the other player.

¤CharlDa¤
Mar 6th, 2007, 07:18 PM
she's a pro tennis player for 6 years or even more and won just 5 WTA MD matches :haha: (including one against Kim by retirement :lol:) qualified just once for wta tournament (last year us open)

Steph turned pro in late 2004. That's not even 3 years. She is from Canada, where tennis players are very rare, and it makes things a lot tougher when getting on the big stage. In 2004, her first year on the tour, she was the only player to reach the finals of a 10k, 25k, 50k and 75k in the same year. She then went on to kill Obziler in a Tier 3, and played a very close match to Jidkova who upset Pierce in the next round. In 2005, she reached the quarterfinals in Quebec City. In 2006, she was the first quebecer to reach the third round at the Rogers Cup (a win by retirement, i know, but you still need to be there) and the first quebecer to qualify for the Us Open in singles.

For your standards, it might not be Lindsay Davenport-like results. But for me and canadians, it's totally impressive. She manages to spend her life on tour, wins enough money to travel around the world and work in sthing in which she is passionate about. I know I'd kill for that life and probably most posters here would. If anyone could have that talent, including you, you would be out there in the top 200 instead of complaining on message boards.

¤CharlDa¤
Mar 6th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Rejoicing in someone winning a match as the expense of another person being hurt or sick without making any attempt at offering sympathy to the injured or unwell player is crass in the extreme. Necessary? No. Appropiate, reasonable and justified? Yes.

I certainly would not bad rep any player who was happy to see Dubois in the final round of qualifying but also has the sensitivity to offer sympathies to the other player.

I don't think he was happy that Yari was injured. As I said, Dubois and her fans have been through tough times and we take what we can get.

LindsayRulz
Mar 6th, 2007, 07:23 PM

Resonable? I mean, It's not like if I had talkshit about Shvedova... anyway...

LindsayRulz
Mar 6th, 2007, 07:24 PM
I don't think he was happy that Yari was injured. As I said, Dubois and her fans have been through tough times and we take what we can get.

Exactly.

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 6th, 2007, 07:27 PM

I don't suppose he/she was either. But I do believe a little etiquette and sensitivity goes a long way in situations like this. Had things been reversed I know I would offer my favs opponents a bit of compassion. It's not hard to do.

LUXXXAS
Mar 6th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Thanks Chris. Agreed with everything you said there.

It just pisses me off that for some people, being talented means being in the top 20 or sthing. Stephanie has worked her ass off for years, she is the fittest girl out there, she is tiny and still manages to hold herself against bigger players. She had a dismal start to the year, I know, she knows, we all know. But saying she isn't talented and no weapons is just plain stupid and igorant.

Steph has strenghts: she is really fit, incredibly fast, and has a great inside-out forehand that can do a lot of damage. Her best strenght is how she is an incredibly nice and adorable person. And it shows in the amount of fans she has. And she can be totally proud of that, and who fucking cares about people like LUXXXAS who don't know her or her career.

The fact is, Dubois is in the next round and Yari isn't. Get over it.
:spit:
your arguments are just :help:
I don't care about her-I'm not her fan or her hater but I won't change my opinion about her:
HER TENNIS SKILLS ARE POOR and SHE HAS NO WEAPONS AT ALL :o:p
get over it :haha:

:inlove:
Mar 6th, 2007, 07:41 PM
:spit:
your arguments are just :help:
I don't care about her-I'm not her fan or her hater but I won't change my opinion about her:
HER TENNIS SKILLS ARE POOR and SHE HAS NO WEAPONS AT ALL :o:p
get over it :haha:

:rolls: :spit: :haha:

LUXXXAS
Mar 6th, 2007, 07:46 PM
great conclusion :haha: ::tape: :help:
nice comparision :spit: if you can't see differences between Steph and Marta/Karolina, you must be really blind :o
both Marta and Karo had great results in the past... :) unfortunately we can't say that Steph had results in the past.......
oh wait...she was in the QF of Quebec :lol: and won 5 wta MD matches in 6 years :spit:
maybe her talent is hidden and will explode soon :confused: she has a chance to prove that at Indian Wells :devil:

LUXXXAS
Mar 6th, 2007, 07:49 PM
I love all this bad reps from angry blind canadians... :haha:

polishprodigy
Mar 6th, 2007, 07:52 PM

Hey :p Leave Marta D out of this ;)
Stephanie is an incredibly talented player who just needs to find more consistency in WTA matches. She has the talent to get to the top 75!

LUXXXAS
Mar 6th, 2007, 10:04 PM
:spit: What an INCREDIBLY TALENTED GIRL :spit:
IW Q round 2: Lindsey Nelson def. Stephanie Dubois 6-2;1-6;6-3 :haha:

Lindsey is an american college player... ranked #628 in WTA ranking :lol:
END OF DISCUSSION

:tape: :bowdown: AMEN :bowdown: :tape:

Drake1980
Mar 6th, 2007, 10:08 PM
:spit: What an INCREDIBLY TALENTED GIRL :spit:
IW Q round 2: Lindsey Nelson def. Stephanie Dubois 6-2;1-6;6-3 :haha:

Lindsey is an american college player... ranked #628 in WTA ranking :lol:
END OF DISCUSSION

:tape: :bowdown: AMEN :bowdown: :tape:

I don't understand why you are coming in here and deliberately harrassing people!! You started all this and we are defending our girl but your cruelness is harsh and unnecassary!!

FedererFan84
Mar 6th, 2007, 10:10 PM
I think Steph still has a lot of work ahead of her to get to where she wants to be in her game. I saw her play Srebotnik in Montreal last year, and true, she had no weapons. A good forehand and an okay serve, but no weapons.. YET. Hopefully she will get there.

Congrats to Lindsey Nelson!!

LUXXXAS
Mar 6th, 2007, 10:21 PM
I don't understand why you are coming in here and deliberately harrassing people!! You started all this and we are defending our girl but your cruelness is harsh and unnecassary!!
oh ok sorry... maybe I'm too brutal :hug:
but it annoys me when biggest Steph fan gives me bad rep when I'm saying that "her tennis skills are :tape:"

¤CharlDa¤
Mar 6th, 2007, 11:17 PM
How can you say her tennis skills are bad and inexistant is just beyond me really. It's not only about Steph. It's about all the 100 to 200 players who fight their way to live the life they want and dream, who have talent but sometimes either no-enough to be a Grand Slam champion or mentally they aren't there. Those girls ARE the ones who make the WTA tour.

Anyways you definitely don't deserve do be talked with. All you have been doing is incessantly bitch Stephanie for really NO REASON in a thread that was created, by one of her big fans, because of a win.

LUXXXAS
Mar 6th, 2007, 11:36 PM
And you definitely don't deserve do be talked with because as her blind fan you aren't objective...
:wavey:

stevos
Mar 7th, 2007, 01:18 AM
I think I'd like to intervene here just a bit. I am definately a Yari fan and I do think based on Yari's current form and her results over the last 6 months which show prior to this match since Wimbledon Yari has lost only one other match by a 6-1 margin it is clear Yari was not fit. Even when Yari loses she is always competitive, Yari is not a girl that goes down without a fight, therefore it is very clear from the scoreline that something was very wrong with Yari. Prior to this match Dubois had lost all 6 matches she had played this year including 4 sets in which she won one or less games. I think it is fair to say that had Yari been healthy she was at the very least the far more likely winner of this match.

My primary thoughts right now are simply that I hope Yari isn't too badly hurt and I am hoping she was just unwell rather than injured. Judging from the score that would appear possible. I would always rather see a player retire 6-1 down than 6-1 up which would been even more worrying.

However, I do feel a need now to offer support to Dubois's supporters. I can see Steph clearly has some very loyal fans and I'm sure she is a nice girl. And I totally agree that ANY player that makes the top 200 has immense talent. She has indeed also had some good results in the past too, mostly in Canada. I also agree that as Dubois is young (20) and ,having already achieved a solid top 150 ranking, there is no reason why she shouldn't have a good top 100 career.

Ofcourse, Stephanie has been in a slump, I'm sure all her fans would acknowledge that, and she has clearly been quite fortunate to benefit from a retirement to get past a very in-form player. But this is nothing unusual. Retirements and injuries are sadly part of the game and where one player suffers another gets a good opportunity. I wish her the best of luck making the most of her good fortune. She has a relatively easy 2nd round match and if she can get past that and into the main draw having played a couple of matches, she should have a chance to get a win in the main draw.

Luxxas, why can't you be objective and argue like him? He's not a fan, and he's saying things we all agree with.
And isn't looking like a fucking idiot the whole time :tape:

:ignore:

LUXXXAS
Mar 7th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Luxxas, why can't you be objective and argue like him? He's not a fan, and he's saying things we all agree with.
And isn't looking like a fucking idiot the whole time :tape:

:ignore:
another stupid fan :help:
all agree? you mean almost everyone blind canadian here? :tape:
you must be fucking idiot because you don't understand that everyone can have own opinion...
and I won't change mine unless I see results from Steph... :lol:
thanks GOD that some Canadians think the same way as me :) :yeah: