PDA

View Full Version : Chances of a 'Lindsay is amazing' ceremony at Indian Wells??

Elldee
Mar 5th, 2007, 09:46 PM
If Lindsay's going to be celebrated it's pretty much now or never... from everything Lindsay's said in the past nothing will happen but you never know. Thoughts?

LindsayfanTV
Mar 6th, 2007, 09:15 PM
If Lindsay's going to be celebrated it's pretty much now or never... from everything Lindsay's said in the past nothing will happen but you never know. Thoughts?

I agree with you and think that some form of recognition and celebration would be timely at either Indian Wells or the hard court swing leading up to the US Open. She's a legend and I don't think has always had the recognition she deserves from the WTA. 51 titles, 3 grand slam singles, Olympic Gold, 4 year end #1's, 2nd in the career prize money list to name but a few achivements. It's a record most would envy!

The Daviator
Mar 7th, 2007, 12:33 AM
That would be awesome :worship:

#1Davenport
Mar 7th, 2007, 12:54 AM
I'd love it... Indian Wells won't be the same without her.

Andrew..
Mar 7th, 2007, 12:59 AM
The ever-humble Kim got her KIMUSEUM!~, so anything's possible.

Though, it would be really awkward for both of them when they come back in a year.

LindsayRulz
Mar 7th, 2007, 01:28 AM
Lindsay isn't officially retired :lol:

lindsayno1
Mar 7th, 2007, 04:18 PM
LOL someone get in touch with IW!

Elldee
Mar 8th, 2007, 10:16 AM
There's an interview with the tournement director at Indian Wells and he was asked about Lindsay not being here and the loss of a Southern California and he was all 'we love Lindsay, we'll miss her' but there was nothing about them organising any hoo-ha. The best we can hope for is her watching a match or two. Probably mens.

mike/topgun
Mar 8th, 2007, 09:05 PM
The chances for a ceremony this year - slim.
The reason - she's not officially retired, yet.

We'll see in a year time, I guess:p