PDA

View Full Version : A story of sporting spirit (aka the "Doc has made a mistake" thread)

DoctorG
Mar 5th, 2007, 07:27 PM
This morning I opened a PM, and found out how classy some posters can be. :cool:

This story started last December, when I took about a month off and didn't come to the board for a little while. The 2007 season sign up process was under way, and I asked Stefano to come here to copy the threads and post the updates for me. :)

Unluckily, a post by Jakeev remained stuck between Stefano's copying operation and my following update:
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=269402&page=7

Yep, I made a mistake with one of the first leg teams. :o

Lindsay was not replaced in Jakeev's combination, and he got Vera's K as a wrong replacement, scoring the 7th best result of this leg with 2 pairs. :speakles:

There was no way to spot this error while I was just posting scores, but Jakeev did notice this mistake as soon as I posted the singles results with all the combinations. He sent me a PM to inform me, claiming his Kuznetsova pick, but knowing that would make him lose the second pair, go back a few spots in this leg's list and lose a bunch of ranking points. :(

Luckily enough, my mistake didn't change the first leg outcome in any way, as Jakeev still reaches the singles quarterfinals, and still loses to Rightous in the Worlds. I've already corrected all the details, which, I repeat, have no influence at all on the matches outcome. :angel:

First of all, I would like to apologize to Jakeev and to all the Tennis Poker players for this mistake. :o

But I also would like to underline this great act of sporting spirit by Jakeev. :cool:

Well done, my friend! :yeah:

GracefulVenus
Mar 5th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Just gives me hope in this crazy old world :angel: :hug:

Kart
Mar 5th, 2007, 08:02 PM
When I read this thread title I assumed you were going to correct the standings and crown me champion :mad:.

:worship: at Jake.

The Crow
Mar 5th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Jakeev :worship:

But wow! DocG can make a mistake!! :eek: :eek: :eek: ;)

rightous
Mar 6th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Hard luck Jakeev, I would of course has given you a walkover if I had known what a true beautiful human being you are;)

Yasmine
Mar 7th, 2007, 08:27 PM
When I read this thread title I assumed you were going to correct the standings and crown me champion :mad:.
:lol: same here... see they're trying to steal our stardom already Kart :armed: