PDA

View Full Version : Jurgen Melzer Comments On His Relationship With Myskina

Marcell
Mar 5th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Yo-Yo Man

Posted 03/04/2007 @ 5 :39 AM

Jurgen Melzer may rate Las Vegas the “coldest week of my tennis life”, but he’ll remember it warmly.

The talented left-hander from Austria is through to the final here, and he’ll be trying for his second tournament win when he faces Lleyton Hewitt on Sunday. Melzer reacted with intense and public joy after winning his first career title last September in Bucharest.

“Of course it’s emotional when you get your first title,” he said in an interview this week. “I have played three finals before and lost all of them close in the third set. It’s never easy to get your first title, so I’m really happy because the press back in Austria, they had already been asking,’when is the first title coming?’

“The only bitter thing was that I was completely alone there – was no coach, no girlfriend, no nothing there. You like to share those kind of moments in your life.”

Though Melzer returned home to Vienna the next day, the celebrations had to be further postponed because a Davis Cup tie required him to leave again almost immediately. “We celebrated after Davis Cup,” he said. “We had nice dinner with some friends and then went to a nightclub, I had some tables organized. It was a good evening.”

At the time, Melzer was going out with fellow player Anastasia Myskina, though the two have since split and Melzer is in Vegas with his new girlfriend. “We still keep in touch. She’s injured at the moment, she had surgery,” he said of Myskina, who has been off the tour since October with toe problems in her left foot.

“We had a tough time at the end of last year and we just decided for the better that we split. It was kind of her not playing that much anymore, and staying more in Moscow. Vienna-Moscow was probably the biggest problem – where to go, how to see each other more often.”

With his variety and all-court game, Melzer has long been considered a dangerous floater by his peers on the men’s tour, but struggled to take his results to the next level. His nickname on the circuit is Jo-Jo (‘yo-yo’), thanks to his up-and-down form.

“He’s awkward for a lot of guys, and he’s pushed a lot of higher-ranked guys in the past,” said Hewitt. “He’s a very underrated player.”

After a promising rise in 2004, Melzer went through a lengthy slump in 2005. “I struggled after having two sets to love up against Coria in the third round of Wimbledon,” said Melzer. “I lost that match and lost completely my confidence. Didn’t win many matches for almost a year.”

Forced to re-examine his career, Melzer decided he wanted to start living up to his potential. He hired a new fitness coach, and focused on developing mental toughness.

When about 12 years old, Melzer had to make a choice between pursuing soccer or tennis, and went with tennis because it was an individual sport where he could control his own destiny. But it took longer for him to start doing so.

“God gave me a lot of natural talent - thanks for that. I started when I was eight, basically nine, that’s very late,” he said. “There were times when I was ranked around 50 or 70, when I thought, ‘I’m not using it at all.’ The talent alone [isn’t enough], you have to work hard, and I started doing that basically one and a half years ago.”

hwanmig
Mar 5th, 2007, 01:51 PM
We had a tough time at the end of last year and we just decided for the better that we split. It was kind of her not playing that much anymore, and staying more in Moscow. Vienna-Moscow was probably the biggest problem – where to go, how to see each other more often.

in other words, we were not able to have sex all the time so we split.

MyskinaManiac
Mar 5th, 2007, 01:53 PM
I hate him

John.
Mar 5th, 2007, 01:56 PM
in other words, we were not able to have sex all the time so we split.

:lol:

I miss Nastya

Dino?Dino.Dino!
Mar 5th, 2007, 01:58 PM
It sounds like he just wasn't that commited to the relationship.

Natalicious
Mar 5th, 2007, 02:00 PM
I hate him

:rolleyes:

bellascarlett
Mar 5th, 2007, 02:41 PM
I didnt know theyve split

tiptop
Mar 5th, 2007, 03:30 PM
I hate him

Why? He seems to be a nice guy...

Matt01
Mar 5th, 2007, 03:52 PM
So Melzer does have a new girlfriend in Las Vega.
Does Myskina have a new boyfriend? :angel:

Demska
Mar 5th, 2007, 03:54 PM
I had a suspision they'd split.

I want Nastya to focus on her tennis!

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 5th, 2007, 04:11 PM
I hate him

Totally agree. :mad:

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 5th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Poor Nastya. :sad: Personally I would like to see Melzer tumble out of the top 200 never to return.

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 5th, 2007, 05:07 PM
http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/4015/melzermyskinastanton200ms7.jpg

Jurgen :inlove:

I think Jurgen is nice and cute.:inlove: I have sent him a nice private email!

If any other girls want to do the same as I did, this is Jurgen’s private email:

http://www.juergenmelzer.com/index.php?language=english&nav_id=38&show=38

Cute? Well I'm a hetrosexual guy so probably not the best person to make a judgement on that. Nice? I don't think so. But good luck with your private email. According to that article he already has a new girlfriend but based on his track record I'd say if it turns out that this girlfriend isn't able to follow him on tour every week and he gets some of those manly urges you may be in with a chance. ;)

Russian-fan
Mar 5th, 2007, 05:08 PM
http://www.sport1.at/typo3temp/pics/fe382400e4.jpg

http://imageshack.dk/imagesfull/2LI17074.jpg

http://www.marchfelderhof.at/images/news_mai2205_07_b.jpg
:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

If any other girls want to do the same as I did, this is Jurgen’s private email:

darrinbaker00
Mar 5th, 2007, 05:10 PM
At the time, Melzer was going out with fellow player Anastasia Myskina, though the two have since split and Melzer is in Vegas with his new girlfriend. “We still keep in touch. She’s injured at the moment, she had surgery,” he said of Myskina, who has been off the tour since October with toe problems in her left foot.

“We had a tough time at the end of last year and we just decided for the better that we split. It was kind of her not playing that much anymore, and staying more in Moscow. Vienna-Moscow was probably the biggest problem – where to go, how to see each other more often.”
TRANSLATION:
"She's not making any money right now, so I have no use for her."

mickymouse
Mar 5th, 2007, 05:42 PM
These guys certainly have no trouble looking for a new girl to follow them around on tour

Reuchlin
Mar 5th, 2007, 05:46 PM
"We had a tough time at the end of last year and we just decided for the better that we split."
Translation: She caught me cheating on her, so we split.

miffedmax
Mar 5th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Uh, much as everybody seems to love busting on Jurgen, there was an interview with Nastya here not too long ago where she seemed like Jurgen was not exactly the love of her life. I don't think either of them was real serious. If they had a few laughs and some good times, good for them. For all we know she dumped him. Or maybe it was a mutual decision.

Besides, Nastya says she has a boyfriend "from outside the tennis world" right now.

Russian-fan
Mar 5th, 2007, 08:23 PM

OMG. I’m going to die after this! I got a reply from Jurgen!

hablo
Mar 5th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Uh, much as everybody seems to love busting on Jurgen, there was an interview with Nastya here not too long ago where she seemed like Jurgen was not exactly the love of her life. I don't think either of them was real serious. If they had a few laughs and some good times, good for them. For all we know she dumped him. Or maybe it was a mutual decision.

Besides, Nastya says she has a boyfriend "from outside the tennis world" right now.

Well said. In that article it sounded like Nastya was having a depression. Maybe having a relationship was the last thing on her mind at the time they broke up. Sounds like both have moved on. I don't see why we need to bash Jurgen. :shrug:

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 5th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Well said. In that article it sounded like Nastya was having a depression. Maybe having a relationship was the last thing on her mind at the time they broke up. Sounds like both have moved on. I don't see why we need to bash Jurgen. :shrug:

Exactly. Either Jurgen left her while she was in a state of depression (hardly gallant) or he was the f****** cause of the depression. What i read certainly indicated that Nastya was hurt - of that I am sure. Regarding that she has a new boyfriend now not in the tennis world - good, and I really hope he treats her better and shows a greater sense of loyalty than did Jurgen.

Russian-fan
Mar 5th, 2007, 09:14 PM
I agree with hablo! Why bust Jurgen Melzer? I think people here in GM don't know the interview with Nastya Myskina from Feb. 13 2007.

"The boyfriend she broke up with last year" mentioned in the interview, is NOT Jurgen, but her former-former boyfriend Alexandr Stephanov (a hockey-player).

Here you have the interview:

Ok, I will try though it will be not literal translation, ok?

Q: You've been to Moscow rather often over the last months. What's matter?
A: Last year I had injury and had to miss several months so I spent two and half months in Moscow training a lot (lol), meeting my relatives and friends, taking care of myself, my skin, for example, that suffers because of permanent flights and weather conditions changes.

Q: Is that so important for an athlete how his skin looks?
A: I'm a woman, first of all. And every woman cares how she looks. I always do a slight make-up before I go on court. I'm lucky with my body: I don't put on weight even if I'm eating chocolates or cakes. And my outfit suits me.

Q: Your mom seems to always stay by you. Does she travel with you to the tournaments?
A: Sometimes. She's usually very nervous during my matches and I can feel it being on court. But she's definitely the most important person in my life.

Q: Have you ever lost connection with your friends?
A: Unfortunately I have. Sometimes you're so tired after match or tournament that you even can't call a person. And some of my friends couldn't handle my heavy schedule and left me. Some players travel with their husbands or boyfriends but it's very brave decision for a man to dedicate himself to his woman. Not every man can do it.

Q: You are keeping your private from other people. But it's known last year you broke up with your boyfriend. Was it big disappointment to you?
A: Yes, it was. It happened at the moment when I got injured and didn't know what to do next. I kind of lost myself, was being in depression, talking only to my mom and my best friend. They tried to tell me that not all people (i.e. men) are bad but I turned into hedgehog.

Q: What was you thinking back then?
A: Most athletes are scared of their future, don't know how to live, what to do after retirement. So am I. I was thinking a lot what would I do next? Open restaurant in Moscow, or tennis club, or fitness club? But we already have plenty of them in the city. So I was in mixed feelings but afterwards did realize I wasn't ready to quit the game yet. I will play as long as my health allows me.

Q: How did you overcome depression?
A: Thanks to my mom and... new love. My boyfriend is not from sports world, he runs his business, has his friends and interests. We don't see each other as often as we would wish to but when I'm in Moscow we try to find spare time for ourselves.

Q: What did you find in him?
A: We met in very difficult times for me, when I lost belief in myself and other people. And he supported me, showed me that tennis was not the only thing out there. He taught me to smile and enjoy life. Now, even when I'm losing I'm not upset that much cos I know tomorrow wiil be a new day, new tournament, new opportunities.

Q: What about marriage?
A: You know, i don't wanna look into future. I have already had bad experience when I was dreaming a lot only to wake up in different world. Now I live day by day and I'm so happy!

Tennisation
Mar 5th, 2007, 09:15 PM
he looks disgusting, I'm glad Nastya moved on

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 5th, 2007, 09:40 PM
I agree with hablo! Why bust Jurgen Melzer? I think people here in GM don't know the interview with Nastya Myskina from Feb. 13 2007.

"The boyfriend she broke up with last year" mentioned in the interview, is NOT Jurgen, but her former-former boyfriend Alexandr Stephanov (a hockey-player).

Here you have the interview:

Yes I have read that interview. But I must admit I thought the boyfriend she was refering to while discussing that split was Melzer not Stephanov. I guess then Melzer was just a brief fling (ok well a few months) inbetween. Well, thus it looks like I was directing my anger at the wrong guy. Which leaves me with nothing to do but to withdraw my admitedly angry comments towards Melzer and wish you Russian fan the best of luck should Melzer tire of his current girlfriend :lol:

Russian-fan
Mar 5th, 2007, 10:04 PM
......and wish you Russian fan the best of luck should Melzer tire of his current girlfriend :lol:

:lol: Thank you very much! :lol:

To be serious: I prefer Russian boys! They are the best lovers of the World. I think Nastya Myskina shares my opinion. I think Jurgen was nothing but a boy-toy to Nastya. So don't bust Jurgen. He is cute as a boy-toy. He doesn't work as a serious boy-friend! :p

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 5th, 2007, 10:07 PM
:lol: Thank you very much! :lol:

To be serious: I prefer Russian boys! They are the best lovers of the World. I think Nastya Myskina shares my opinion. I think Jurgen was nothing but a boy-toy to Nastya. So don't bust Jurgen. He is cute as a boy-toy. He doesn't work as a serious boy-friend! :p

:lol: You seem one very smart girl. ;)