PDA

View Full Version : Kim Clijsters should be deeply ashamed after this week-end...

gopher
Mar 5th, 2007, 09:09 AM
...after seeing the accomplishments of her older compatriots Justine (Doha), Kim Gevaert (European champ 60m at 28) and Tia hellebaut (European champ High jump at 28)

Incredible she wants to retire at such a young age.:o

Emina.
Mar 5th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Kim Clijsters has nothing to be ashamed of.

`

Martian Jeza
Mar 5th, 2007, 09:14 AM
It's her decision, respect it, ffs ! She hasn't to be ashamed : she has other plans in her life than being a top sportwoman... Building a family is infinitely much more important than winning some silverwares... I'm fed up of people like you who are short minded.

ioni
Mar 5th, 2007, 09:15 AM
...after seeing the accomplishments of her older compatriots Justine (Doha), Kim Gevaert (European champ 60m at 28) and Tia hellebaut (European champ High jump at 28)

:rolleyes: :tape:

Mon.
Mar 5th, 2007, 09:17 AM

Dream on :rolleyes:

Hashim.
Mar 5th, 2007, 09:32 AM
:rolleyes:

eck
Mar 5th, 2007, 09:33 AM
She probably will get inspired, but if she wants to retire, just respect it. Imagine you having to go through painful surgeries and painful times to recover. No one should have that on them.

Grohl
Mar 5th, 2007, 09:35 AM
she should be ashamed cause other athletes won?

A'DAM
Mar 5th, 2007, 09:37 AM
:help:

Yasmine
Mar 5th, 2007, 09:40 AM
She should be proud of what her compatriots have achieved but I don't see how this has anything to do with her decision to retire :o
You don't act or take decisions because your neighbours/compatriots would have acted differently, that' would be silly;)

Chrissie-fan
Mar 5th, 2007, 09:42 AM

Well, all she needs to do is look at the accomplishments of the Belgian national soccer team and I'm sure she'll feel better again.:help:

fifiricci
Mar 5th, 2007, 09:56 AM
I think this thread is a tad harsh :lol:

Maybe it's a pity Kim won't be inspired by this weekend's Belgian accomplishments to change her mind about her tennis career, but methinks that would be flogging a very dead horse.

Maybe it would have been better for her fans (and even her critics) if Kim had put them out of their "misery" by retiring straight after Antwerp. ;)

xin_hui
Mar 5th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Maybe it would have been better for her fans (and even her critics) if Kim had put them out of their "misery" by retiring straight after Antwerp. ;)

you know, i think there are still kim fans out there who wish to see her oncourt for the rest of the year despite wtaworld's opinion that she is sucking/unmotivated/useless

Yasmine
Mar 5th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Are you implying that people with doubts are not fans anymore? :rolleyes:

I've already said that but imagine some of us are pissed off she's not shining as well as she has the ability to, but we still hang in there and will follow everyone of her matches till the last one. Believe me that's much harder to be a fan with doubts than a fan who worships everything in their fave, that's damn easy to stay a fan when you see all positive and good...

fifiricci
Mar 5th, 2007, 10:07 AM
you know, i think there are still kim fans out there who wish to see her oncourt for the rest of the year despite wtaworld's opinion that she is sucking/unmotivated/useless

That's great, I respect their opinions and have not attacked them, methinks. :D

I was simply stating my own view and maybe that of some other observers who feel that Kim's decision to embark upon possibly the longest official retirement tour in tennis history is a tad sad, when the primary motivation for it does not appear to be winning.

But as I have said countless times before, I hope that Kim will prove me horribly wrong by winning lots of titles and another GS before she finally goes ;)

Yasmine
Mar 5th, 2007, 10:10 AM
I agree Fiona;) as usual.

xin_hui
Mar 5th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Are you implying that people with doubts are not fans anymore? :rolleyes:

I've already said that but imagine some of us are pissed off she's not shining as well as she has the ability to, but we still hang in there and will follow everyone of her matches till the last one. Believe me that's much harder to be a fan with doubts than a fan who worships everything in their fave, that's damn easy to stay a fan when you see all positive and good...

i'm not saying a fan should be someone who embraces their fave 100%. ive never taken this stand and i'm not here to argue this debate again

i'm just saying i believe there are still kim fans who hope to see her play the year out instead of retiring after antwerp.

Yasmine
Mar 5th, 2007, 10:12 AM
i'm not saying a fan should be someone who embraces their fave 100%. and i'm not here to argue this debate again

i'm just saying i believe there are still kim fans who hope to see her play the year out instead of retiring after antwerp.
Fiona didn't mean she doesn't want to see her play anymore. But playing 6 tourneys on her farewell tour, no I don't see the consistency there, sorry. I don't think for a second that she'll win Wimbledon, and skipping RG is... well I better not tell my opinion on this.

fifiricci
Mar 5th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Believe me that's much harder to be a fan with doubts than a fan who worships everything in their fave, that's damn easy to stay a fan when you see all positive and good...

:lol: Too bloody true! And I have the added handicap of trying to support the Welsh rugby team - you know what a struggle that is Yas, being a fellow rugby supporter. :help:

xin_hui
Mar 5th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Fiona didn't mean she doesn't want to see her play anymore. But playing 6 tourneys on her farewell tour, no I don't see the consistency there, sorry. I don't think for a second that she'll win Wimbledon, and skipping RG is... well I better not tell my opinion on this.

i dont see her winning wimbledon, or even the USO actually. i never said playing 6 tourneys is a lot. i'm just saying fans (no matter full fans or half fans or quarter fans) would be willing to see her oncourt past antwerp, no matter the results. that was my only point in the very first place. and no, i was not trying to attack fiona or get into the CCL debate of whether she is a full fan or not :shrug:

BARBIE
Mar 5th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Well, all she needs to do is look at the accomplishments of the Belgian national soccer team and I'm sure she'll feel better again.:help:

:haha: :haha:

eck
Mar 5th, 2007, 10:20 AM

:lol: :yeah: :o :tape:

Yasmine
Mar 5th, 2007, 10:21 AM
:lol: Too bloody true! And I have the added handicap of trying to support the Welsh rugby team - you know what a struggle that is Yas, being a fellow rugby supporter. :help:
:rolls:

And yes Janice all of us want to see her play whatever she decides to enter for the rest of the season. But it hurts to have the impression she doesn't alway give it her best shot... And that's not only an opinion of fans like you or me or Fifi or the rest of CCL but people who like Kim in general and watch her play now and again will want to see her show some good tennis for the rest of the season. And I don't think that can be achieved with so few tournaments;)

Paneru
Mar 5th, 2007, 10:36 AM

`

Thank you!

People really need to get over themselves!
This is Kim's life and career, NOT THEIR'S!!! :rolleyes:

pigmalion
Mar 5th, 2007, 10:46 AM
:haha: :haha:

:lol: :yeah: :o :tape:

:ras: :lol:

we're so shit in football :tape:

Yasmine
Mar 5th, 2007, 10:47 AM

:awww: :hug:

Kunal
Mar 5th, 2007, 11:30 AM
yea using the word ashamed is uncalled for....she will be dissapointed at the way things have turned out for her but ashamed is not the right way to look at it.

she has worked hard when she was on the tour

Paneru
Mar 5th, 2007, 11:51 AM
yea using the word ashamed is uncalled for....she will be dissapointed at the way things have turned out for her but ashamed is not the right way to look at it.

she has worked hard when she was on the tour

About what?!?
Others being older than her
and playing and winning?

Why can't people understand that Kim is choosing what is best
FOR HER. Not what YOU THINK is best for her.

Regardless of what she does or doesn't, may or may not ever feel,
she did what was right for her at the time being. People need to
get a grip, get off her back, and deal with it!

John.
Mar 5th, 2007, 11:54 AM
It's her decision and nothing is going to change that.

Chrissie-fan
Mar 5th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Why can't people understand that Kim is choosing what is best
FOR HER. Not what YOU THINK is best for her.

Regardless of what she does or doesn't, may or may not ever feel,
she did what was right for her at the time being. People need to
get a grip, get off her back, and deal with it!
Besides, if should regret her decision in the future she can always come back like Hingis has done.

CORIA01
Mar 5th, 2007, 11:58 AM
it's her life and she can do all what she wants!!!

mauresmofan
Mar 5th, 2007, 12:01 PM
I'm sure all of us would love to see her spend many more years on the circuit because Kim is such a class act and because we are all first and foremost tennis fans. Kim has decided that this is the right time and good for her. She has given us all great memories in some fantastic matches and I wish her the best for the rest of the year.

Enjoy her while she's still competing and don't be so negative about her decision!

Paneru
Mar 5th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Besides, if should regret her decision in the future she can always come back like Hingis has done.

Exactly!

It's her choice and she's the only one
that has anything to deal with in it.

Regrets or not.

calabar
Mar 5th, 2007, 12:25 PM
I see a thread starter who is obviously in need of attention.

Shimizu Amon
Mar 5th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Right :rolleyes:

cellophane
Mar 5th, 2007, 01:01 PM
You need to be *deeply* ashamed for starting this thread.

wateva
Mar 5th, 2007, 01:04 PM
kim should be ashamed after justine won a tier 2? :rolleyes:
i guess justine should be ashamed when kim won sydney? :confused:

mandy7
Mar 5th, 2007, 01:33 PM
it's her life and she can do all what she wants!!!

you stole my font
it's very annoying

Sara81
Mar 5th, 2007, 01:40 PM
She should be proud of what her compatriots have achieved but I don't see how this has anything to do with her decision to retire :o
You don't act or take decisions because your neighbours/compatriots would have acted differently, that' would be silly;)

Exactly, she should be proud after this weekend! And I'm sure she is too ..

As for this thread :help: :tape: :fiery: :o

Kim's_fan_4ever
Mar 5th, 2007, 01:53 PM
What's the sense of this thread? :scratch:

winone23
Mar 5th, 2007, 01:54 PM

Kim has nothing to be ashamed of!!!!! :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: She will have success in other areas of life when she done with tennis.

Grohl
Mar 5th, 2007, 01:54 PM
What's the sense of this thread? :scratch:

there isn't any :p

lecciones
Mar 5th, 2007, 02:13 PM
After having a nice easy life she will want to come back to play tennis. It's in her blood, just like Martina. (Don't prove me wrong Kim, hehehe)

Sara81
Mar 5th, 2007, 02:17 PM

agreed :angel:

Tie-Break
Mar 5th, 2007, 02:19 PM
kim should be ashamed after justine won a tier 2? :rolleyes:
i guess justine should be ashamed when kim won sydney? :confused:

I guess Kim should be ashamed that Justine has 5 Grand Slams and an Olympic Gold? ;)

Your turn :devil:

Whatever makes Kim happy she should do and if that means getting married, being a housewife and a mother .... then good luck to her and I hope she's very happy. With a talent like hers she can always come back to it.

The thread starter must have been bored :rolleyes:

Grohl
Mar 5th, 2007, 02:22 PM
why should Kim be ashamed anyway?
if this wasn't her last year
ppl wouldn't bitch about her not playing last week
but it's her last year
and suddenly she should play all year long every week?

Grohl
Mar 5th, 2007, 02:23 PM

then there are other things to do :p

1star
Mar 5th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Women tend to push their spouses to success rather than to enhance themselves to their best potential. Behind every successful man there is a "surprised" woman.;) :(

Kim did surprise us by calling her retirement so young on top of her game. It is pretty disgusting to me why she cannot get married and keep on playing tennis as well, in view her boyfriend is far from a superstar in basketball? He should fully support Kim, as Li Na's husband does to her.:rolleyes: ;)

wateva
Mar 5th, 2007, 02:37 PM
I guess Kim should be ashamed that Justine has 5 Grand Slams and an Olympic Gold? ;)

Your turn :devil:

Whatever makes Kim happy she should do and if that means getting married, being a housewife and a mother .... then good luck to her and I hope she's very happy. With a talent like hers she can always come back to it.

i'm just stating the thread starter's warped rationale. why would kim be ashamed when justine wins a title? would justine be ashamed if kim wins one? in that case, i guess kim would have been ashamed a long time ago, not only this weekend. :o ;)

cellophane
Mar 5th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Na Li should be ashamed pierce0415 hasn't started a thread today. :fiery:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Mar 5th, 2007, 02:57 PM

That's what I thought :p

Slumpsova
Mar 5th, 2007, 04:34 PM
it's must be good if Kim even cares about it :o

LDF
Mar 5th, 2007, 04:39 PM

:o

She has no reason to be deeply ashamed; it's her life, and she's simply made the decision that she feels is best for her. :shrug:

El Nino
Mar 5th, 2007, 04:39 PM
I never seen such a stupid topic started in all my participation in all forums.

Clijsters decided to fund a healthy family with love, contrary to another Belgian player who's destroying all his social relationship.

gopher
Mar 5th, 2007, 05:00 PM
It is incredible she decides to dedicate her life to an average basketball player...

timafi
Mar 5th, 2007, 05:04 PM
wtf for?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sara81
Mar 5th, 2007, 05:04 PM
It is incredible she decides to dedicate her life to an average basketball player...

Djees .. how narrowminded can you be :lol:
She loves him to death, he loves her back just as much .. that should be enough :wavey:

cellophane
Mar 5th, 2007, 05:05 PM

Who cares how good of a basketball player he is? Why do you care?

Chrissie-fan
Mar 5th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Well, Michael Jordan is too old for her, so what's a girl to do? :shrug:

Slumpsova
Mar 5th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Well, Michael Jordan is too old for her, so what's a girl to do? :shrug:
gopher got the point.
a lot of NBA stars are available, or at least find someone with good look :rolleyes:

schorsch
Mar 5th, 2007, 05:18 PM
lol kim has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. NOTHING.

Martian Jeza
Mar 5th, 2007, 05:21 PM
gopher got the point.
a lot of NBA stars are available, or at least find someone with good look :rolleyes:

Superficial girl/guy :rolleyes:

Chrissie-fan
Mar 5th, 2007, 05:22 PM
gopher got the point.
I wasn't aware that WTA players need Gophers consent to marry the partners of their choice, but thanks for pointing out that remarkable fact to us. :worship:

Yasmine
Mar 5th, 2007, 05:22 PM
it's must be good if Kim even cares about it :o
Okay i've been dubious about Kim's motivations but some people are getting a bit too strong about that. I'm sure she cares about it and no way she should be ashamed. She always support her compatriots, however why it should have an influence on her decision about her own career is what I don't get... :shrug:

Uranus
Mar 5th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Hater Gopher. Stop it!

BARBIE
Mar 5th, 2007, 05:45 PM

Sorry Pigmalion, I didn't wanted to hurt you :hug:

It's just I felt that, that particular post was funny :sad:

treufreund
Mar 5th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Ridiculous!

Yasmine
Mar 5th, 2007, 05:58 PM
oh right and what are you? a professional forum poster? :lol: I bet you'ld be happy to have a girl loving you so much she wants to have a family with you :devil:

gmak
Mar 5th, 2007, 06:11 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :yawn:

jazar
Mar 5th, 2007, 06:15 PM
it seems belgium is having lots of success at the moment, maybe it will spur kim on

V-MAC
Mar 5th, 2007, 06:38 PM
After having a nice easy life she will want to come back to play tennis. It's in her blood, just like Martina. (Don't prove me wrong Kim, hehehe)

Nah I don't think Kim will come back to the tour again. Unlike Hingis, I feel Kim has some real maternal instinct. I predict she'll have at least 3 kids by 2012 ;)

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 5th, 2007, 06:54 PM
She has nothing to be ashamed of. She is and always will be a worthy champion. :bounce:

hablo
Mar 5th, 2007, 07:35 PM

:lol:

Maybe Kim will get bored and do a comeback like Momo suggested in Antwerp. ;)

Schnyderfreak
Mar 5th, 2007, 07:43 PM
That's a very hopeful thought, but I personally wouldn't mind.

anybody who's been there at the the final between Kim and Momo and especially the ceremony afterwards with the tears and speeches knows that a chapter has been closed in Belgian womans tennis, a beautiful one.
I can't imagine her coming back anymore

ce
Mar 5th, 2007, 07:49 PM
just:rolleyes:

Frode
Mar 5th, 2007, 09:06 PM

`

I second that.

Schnyderfreak
Mar 5th, 2007, 09:09 PM
i hope to the thread starter :-)

Slumpsova
Mar 6th, 2007, 07:07 AM
Superficial girl/guy :rolleyes:
i was joking, you lazy fool :ras:

austennis
Mar 6th, 2007, 07:18 AM
This little bit of a stupid thread.. these people might be doing well later in their careers but were they winning tournaments and reaching GS finals as teenagers ? i dont think so..

A-N-N-I
Mar 6th, 2007, 07:20 AM
She has nothing to ashamed she´s a great person.

gopher
Mar 7th, 2007, 06:26 AM
Hater Gopher

Hater, no. Just a fan who is disappointed about a stupid decision of an exceptionally talented player.

Uranus
Mar 7th, 2007, 06:57 AM
She has NOTHING to be ashamed of,
and when she'll win another tournament while the other Belgian sports(wo)men are resting, then we'll say they should all be ashamed :confused:

Kart
Mar 7th, 2007, 10:15 AM
You need to be *deeply* ashamed for starting this thread.

Innit.

Yasmine
Mar 7th, 2007, 11:53 AM
She has NOTHING to be ashamed of,
and when she'll win another tournament while the other Belgian sports(wo)men are resting, then we'll say they should all be ashamed :confused:
exactly;)

Gopher you're a dissapointed fan, I know (and you're not the only one) but seriously you go too far, you're turning into a hater :o

Kunal
Mar 7th, 2007, 12:20 PM
my god...this thread lives on-......the guy who started the headline should really reconsider his hyperbole.....super exaggerated stuff