PDA

View Full Version : Serena v Jelena - Australian Open 2007

bridgepea
Mar 5th, 2007, 12:45 AM
Does anybody have a clip of this match? I have been trying to find it but no luck so far.

driger
Mar 5th, 2007, 12:47 AM
no, jelena made a ton of errors and didn't move. whats to watch? actually both players made a ton of errors.

Pureracket
Mar 5th, 2007, 02:22 AM
no, jelena made a ton of errors and didn't move. whats to watch? actually both players made a ton of errors.You're being rude. Serena's success inspires the weirdest posters.

Ya'll don't care if you are hateful toward Serena and Venus fans or not. Hell, nowadays, all the posters have to do is inquire about one of them, and you all are acting like this. DAYUM!!!!!

8 Grand Slam Singles Titles!!!!!

bridgepea
Mar 5th, 2007, 02:22 AM
they are just jealous because their player got their asses whupped - don't hate, appreciate

driger
Mar 5th, 2007, 02:37 AM
You're being rude. Serena's success inspires the weirdest posters.

Ya'll don't care if you are hateful toward Serena and Venus fans or not. Hell, nowadays, all the posters have to do is inquire about one of them, and you all are acting like this. DAYUM!!!!!

8 Grand Slam Singles Titles!!!!!

i guess the announcers where rude too, then. go check the match statistics for yourself instead of being so defensive.

DOUBLEFIST
Mar 5th, 2007, 04:54 AM
i guess the announcers where rude too, then. go check the match statistics for yourself instead of being so defensive.

:lol: Don't hate CONJUGATE! :haha:

darrinbaker00
Mar 5th, 2007, 06:43 AM
no, jelena made a ton of errors and didn't move. whats to watch? actually both players made a ton of errors.
In the 131 points they played during 17 games, Serena Williams made 28 unforced errors (1.65 per game, one every 4.68 points) and Jelena Jankovic made 22 unforced errors (1.29 per game, one every 5.95 points). If you consider that "a ton of errors," that's your business, but considering that both players like to go for their shots, I think that's a relatively clean match.
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/scores/stats/day11/2405ms.html

Pureracket
Mar 5th, 2007, 07:07 AM
In the 131 points they played during 17 games, Serena Williams made 28 unforced errors (1.65 per game, one every 4.68 points) and Jelena Jankovic made 22 unforced errors (1.29 per game, one every 5.95 points). If you consider that "a ton of errors," that's your business, but considering that both players like to go for their shots, I think that's a relatively clean match.
Pwned

VeeReeDavJCap81
Mar 5th, 2007, 08:19 AM

Serena played well in this match, she was aggressive, attacked the net, served well, and even Mary Carillo had to give it up to her after certain excellent points.

fufuqifuqishahah
Mar 5th, 2007, 08:55 AM
yah, Serena played really well.. and probably would have beated anyone that day.

John.
Mar 5th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Serena was awesome that day. She didn't let Jelena into the match

mauresmofan
Mar 5th, 2007, 01:06 PM
I thought that match was way way closer than the score suggested. So many games went to deuce and it was Serenas incredible belief in herself that made her win them. If Jankovic could have seen how much damage those longer rallies were doing to Serena late on in the match she may have turned it around but credit to Serena for finishing the match off when she did because her stamina was not good at that stage of the tournament.

Craigy
Mar 5th, 2007, 01:17 PM

:worship:

cellophane
Mar 5th, 2007, 03:12 PM

Not debating this particular match, but dividing the number of unforced errors over the toal number of games or the number of points is incorrect. In the Serena-Shahar match you'd get 49 errors from Serena in 31 games - which would be 1.58 errors per game (less than the Jankovic match!) and one error every 4.26 points (209 points over 49 errors)... which really doesn't tell you anything about the match's quality. For one, total points includes the opponents winners and unforced errors as well forced errors the player commits, which aren't relevant. Just because you hit an error only each 3-4 points or so, doesn't mean you are in fact playing well. Your opponent can hit winners, unforced errors or make you commit forced errors the rest of the points.

darrinbaker00
Mar 5th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Not debating this particular match, but dividing the number of unforced errors over the toal number of games or the number of points is incorrect. In the Serena-Shahar match you'd get 49 errors from Serena in 31 games - which would be 1.58 errors per game (less than the Jankovic match!) and one error every 4.26 points (209 points over 49 errors)... which really doesn't tell you anything about the match's quality. For one, total points includes the opponents winners and unforced errors as well forced errors the player commits, which aren't relevant. Just because you hit an error only each 3-4 points or so, doesn't mean you are in fact playing well. Your opponent can hit winners, unforced errors or make you commit forced errors the rest of the points.
Thank you for sharing your opinion, my friend. ;)

brehondavis
Mar 5th, 2007, 06:19 PM
I have a highlight reel of this match if you want it....

VeeReeDavJCap81
Mar 5th, 2007, 06:25 PM
That 30 something stroke rally at 4-2 in the second set :drool: :worship:

eugreene2
Mar 5th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Anytime Serena has more winners than ufe(s), she is playing well.

Mightymirza
Mar 5th, 2007, 06:54 PM

How can you compare both players play??Serena also hit 31 winners compared to Jankos 9..:ras: whole point of jankos game is to play smart and not make errors..22 errors is too much for someone like Janko..She aint winning if she hits those many..

ivanban
Mar 5th, 2007, 08:26 PM
I don't think there's much to watch in this match. Comparing how Serena played superbly in the final vs. Sharapova, in this mach she played pretty average. Although I'm Jelenas' huge fan, she played poorly that match vs. Serena, and in global it wasn't a match to remember from both players.

Stamp Paid
Mar 5th, 2007, 08:39 PM
This was Serena's best match of the championships IMO, because Jelena didn't play like a dog (unlike Sharapova in the final) and forced Serena to play well. Serena attacked Jelena's serve and her forehand. Serena moved and played very well in this match.

volta
Mar 5th, 2007, 09:06 PM
so no one has this up for download? :sad:

Craigy
Mar 5th, 2007, 09:11 PM
It's in Nouf's video thread...

volta
Mar 5th, 2007, 09:14 PM
It's in Nouf's video thread...

oh yeah i forgot that we have a video vault now im still not used to it :lol:

thx :D

laurie
Mar 5th, 2007, 09:14 PM
so no one has this up for download? :sad:

I have clips 8 extensive clips of this match right now on my website.

http://www.tennisdvdclips.net/WTA.html

I also have the whole match if anyone wants it. Serena actually played very well and dominated the match.