PDA

View Full Version : now this year there is a crop of 1990 players such as.....

polly
Mar 4th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Tamira Paszek, Alize Cornet, Caroline Wozniacki, etc. It will be interesting to see who will have a better career. Between Paszek, Cornet and Wozniacki who is by far the most talented?

ViennaCalling
Mar 4th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Tamira played a great tournament in Dubai: She qualified for the MD and beat Kata Srebotnik in straight sets and played a great match against Henin (damn wasted BP's at 6-4 5-5 :mad:)

If she gets better and better with the years she'll be a top 10-player i hope :hearts:

But i've never seen Wozniacki or Cornet on court ;)

polly
Mar 4th, 2007, 09:15 PM
where is tamira playing next

ViennaCalling
Mar 4th, 2007, 09:16 PM
She didn't get a qualifier place in Indian Wells :mad: :sad:

Hopefully she'll reach Q-draw in Miami! Damn ranking rule :fiery:

Derek.
Mar 4th, 2007, 09:17 PM
It's between Caroline and Tamira, IMO.

I like all three.

So far Tamira leads the pack with an almost-top 100 rank and a WTA Tour title, but I think Caroline will take the lead soon. :)

janko
Mar 4th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Tamira has been impressive and is maybe the most complete on all surfaces

Alizé will be the best of 3 on clay

Never seen how Caroline plays, can't judge

Derek.
Mar 5th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Don't forget about Ayumi Morita, Ksenia Milevskaya, and Urszula Radwanska.

Frode
Mar 5th, 2007, 01:15 AM
Tamira P. is the only one I have seen play, but all of them are getting impressive results.

But off course, there are a lot of X-factors: Injuries:tears: , fame and fortune:drink: ,boyfriends :inlove:, advisers :secret: insane parents:silly: .

Only time will tell:shrug:

Derek.
Mar 5th, 2007, 01:55 AM
Tamira P. is the only one I have seen play, but all of them are getting impressive results.

But off course, there are a lot of X-factors: Injuries:tears: , fame and fortune:drink: ,boyfriends :inlove:, advisers :secret: insane parents:silly: .

Only time will tell:shrug:

Very true.

Aryman3
Mar 5th, 2007, 04:00 AM
Urszula Radwanska(born Dec.1990) has won with Paszek during AO this year
That's my answer to your question who has the brightest tennis future

DennisPostedThis
Mar 5th, 2007, 04:39 AM
I'm hoping for good things from Alize

Derek.
Mar 5th, 2007, 05:08 AM

:lol:

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Mar 5th, 2007, 06:08 AM
Wozniaki!!

kittyking
Mar 5th, 2007, 06:10 AM
Dont forget Sacha Jones!!!! Just because shes injured doesnt mean that shes any less talented than the 3 girls you mentioned.

So Disrespectful
Mar 5th, 2007, 07:29 AM
I think Cornet will have a great career, but I wouldn't be surprised if she takes a few years longer than the others to make a huge breakthrough. Paszek looks to be the most impressive right now, but Wozniacki has also shown great form, so it really can't be said who will be the best.

We'll just have to wait and see ;)

Uranus
Mar 5th, 2007, 08:00 AM
There's also Petra Kvitova of Czech Republic who seems to be doing very well. She's in the 300s with only 7 tournaments. She won the last 2 tournaments she played, and 4 of the 5 last ones including two 25k's (one loss to Bohmova in Dec). She also won her last 3 junior tournaments (Grade I, II & IV).
Never seen her play so I can't judge but this looks promising :)

I hope Tamira does the best! :D

HenryMag.
Mar 5th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Tamira

Dinkie
Mar 5th, 2007, 10:46 AM
At the moment, Tamira and Caroline have the advantage because they are physically much more developed than their 1990's colleagues. Their game is based on baseline power.

Looking at pure talent I would say Alize Cornet has the best hands.

Monica_Rules
Mar 5th, 2007, 11:30 AM
the 1990 year has so many talanetd girls, most of whom seem dead cert on being at least top 30 players in 3-4 years time.

-sugi-
Mar 5th, 2007, 03:05 PM
I think for me the most impressive is Ayumi Morita, but like most Japanese players, they take a long time to develop. She is in a little slump at the moment though :o

FrenchY52
Mar 5th, 2007, 03:12 PM
I've only seen Alizé and Tamira playing. Alizé'll probably be the best on clay and she'll probably "peak" after the others. Tamira is a pretty classic "hitter" but she will probably do some damages. Caroline is apparently very good and smart and her results are impressive so i'd say Caroline but only based on her recent results

Viktymise
Mar 5th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Alize will be really good on clay no doubt and will be a real threat at RG when she matures and improves her serve ;)

Derek.
Mar 5th, 2007, 04:20 PM
I think for me the most impressive is Ayumi Morita, but like most Japanese players, they take a long time to develop. She is in a little slump at the moment though :o

Morita the most impressive?

She's definitely got a future ahead of her, but her ranking came mostly from challengers over in Asia.

She didn't fair to well vs. the other top players her age in juniors as well.

She's up there, but I don't see her as the most impressive.

Craigy
Mar 5th, 2007, 04:34 PM

:spit:
Well then that must mean that Jidkova is one of the best players ever! After all she beat Serena, so that must mean that she's gonna be the best of all time! :)

Edith09
Mar 5th, 2007, 04:36 PM
I´ve seen only Tamira so far, she seems to be really talented... I don´t know about other two.

-sugi-
Mar 5th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Morita the most impressive?

She's definitely got a future ahead of her, but her ranking came mostly from challengers over in Asia.

She didn't fair to well vs. the other top players her age in juniors as well.

She's up there, but I don't see her as the most impressive.
Ok, my apologies, my choice of wording was wrong.

Most impressive IMO is Paszek, but I don't know about Alize so I will count her out.
I only saw Caro play once and that was in Ariake tennis forest last Autumn against Nakamura and she lost quite easily, so I guess I just caught her on a bad day or she has improved alot since then. But I saw the 50k final of Tokyo and it Ayumi against Chan and Ayumi played really well and hit beautiful winners and had a great attitude.

However, Ayumi has been sucking lately so based on current form, I would say Caroline is ahead of her. I have seen Ayumi several times and each time, she has really impressed me but like I said, I can't really argue cos I only saw Caroline once vs Nakamura and it is obvious she was having a bad day or has improved loads since then. I apologise, my choice of wording was terrible poor.

Anyway, all the Japanese woman get their best results later on. Ayumi won't be a teen sensation, she will take longer to develop I think like most Japanese girls on tour.

polly
Mar 5th, 2007, 06:04 PM
stefanie vogele from switzerland is another promising player born in 1990. i think she is ranked in the mid 400's. I wonder has she much talent?

Viktymise
Mar 5th, 2007, 06:23 PM
They all seem to have serve as their weakness i think :shrug:

jazar
Mar 5th, 2007, 06:25 PM
tamira is probably the best physically at the moment