PDA

View Full Version : caroline wozniacki's potential

polly
Mar 4th, 2007, 08:10 PM
for the lucky ones who got to seecaroline on the tv, what kind of potential, game and talent does she have?

Natash.
Mar 4th, 2007, 08:14 PM
I think she can go far. I don't see too many obvious weaknesses. She hits hard, runs very fast, volleys aren't too bad, and she's quite smart. Caroline was hitting the ball hard but she was thinking very well at the same time. Sweet girl too.

polly
Mar 4th, 2007, 08:18 PM
caroline has a body to die for:hearts: , she seems to be so athletic, she kind of reminds me like clijsters who was also very athletic

Derek.
Mar 4th, 2007, 08:20 PM
caroline has a body to die for:hearts:

And how old are you?

She's 16 still, fyi. ;)

Natash.
And how old are you?

She's 16 still, fyi. ;)

:lol:

skanky~skanketta
i think she's good for her age. naturally, she doesn't hit as hard as the top players, but that will come with time.

polly
Mar 4th, 2007, 08:23 PM
its fantastic for danish tennis, was there ever a top player before from denmark? where is caroline planning to play next after indian wells and miami?

yukon145
Mar 4th, 2007, 08:26 PM
her backhand today was def top 10 material.

i think Caro has a very bright future. but i think she needs to drive through her forehand more and her service toss is a little high. but she has a very very solid game.

DennisPostedThis
Mar 4th, 2007, 08:29 PM
She looks very good, I'm excited to see her progress.

polly
Mar 4th, 2007, 08:29 PM
i hope I get to see Caroline on the tv in indian wells and maybe Miami. Actually I saw caroline once on television and that was when she won the junior title at Wimbledon

bridgepea
Mar 4th, 2007, 08:31 PM
She was very good actually. Her serve needs some work I thought but then she used it very effectively in this match. She also moves very well and seems like a very nice girl. Hopefully she will stay that way when IMG gets ahold of her and turns her into the next Stepford Tennis Wife. That being said Akiko played a horrible match. She just seemed a bit out of sorts. Congrats Caroline, you will definitely go far

Natash.
Mar 4th, 2007, 08:36 PM
her backhand today was def top 10 material.

i think Caro has a very bright future. but i think she needs to drive through her forehand more and her service toss is a little high. but she has a very very solid game.

Haha. I love that serve. :hearts: It seemed to have worked to her advantage today.

b_o_r
Mar 4th, 2007, 08:36 PM
To me, she came across as a young(er) Vaidisova with a dash of Dementieva in her. She has a nice backhand DTL , is a pretty good mover, and her forehand was pretty decent. I like that she came to net on short balls, and she didn't choke while trying to serve the match out. However, that skyscrapper ball toss could be a cause of concern in the future.:D

HTE
Mar 4th, 2007, 08:37 PM
She was very good actually. Her serve needs some work I thought but then she used it very effectively in this match. She also moves very well and seems like a very nice girl. Hopefully she will stay that way when IMG gets ahold of her and turns her into the next Stepford Tennis Wife. That being said Akiko played a horrible match. She just seemed a bit out of sorts. Congrats Caroline, you will definitely go far

she's with SFX and has a strong family to support her :)

thalle
Mar 4th, 2007, 08:40 PM
its fantastic for danish tennis, was there ever a top player before from denmark? where is caroline planning to play next after indian wells and miami?
Waaaaaaaaaaaay back... And then Kenneth Carlsen and Kristian Pless:haha:
On the female site, Eva Dyrbjerg did quite ok, reached top 100 I think, but decided to focus on studies instead...

Caro:bounce::worship::)

HTE
Mar 4th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Waaaaaaaaaaaay back... And then Kenneth Carlsen and Kristian Pless:haha:
On the female site, Eva Dyrbjerg did quite ok, reached top 100 I think, but decided to focus on studies instead...

Caro:bounce::worship::)

Tine Scheuer-Larsen with a highest ranking of 34 in '86
Eva Dyrberg reached a high of 77 before focusing on her medical studies.

btw. Kenneth is often ridiculed (esp in DK) but has won three ATP titles a lot of players would give their arm for that ;)

yukon145
Mar 4th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Tine Scheuer-Larsen with a highest ranking of 34 in '86
Eva Dyrberg reached a high of 77 before focusing on her medical studies.

btw. Kenneth is often ridiculed (esp in DK) but has won three ATP titles a lot of players would give their arm for that ;)

why is carlsen ridiculed in Denmark?

Jakeev
Mar 5th, 2007, 04:46 AM
I could definitely see this girl actually passing by the others ahead of her in the next 3-5 years.

She moves better already than Ivanovic and Vaidisova and her only real weaknesses are an iffy forehand and not-to-deep a second serve (although she had excellent placement today)

Denmark may finally have there first potential top-ranked player someday.

HTE
Mar 5th, 2007, 03:40 PM
why is carlsen ridiculed in Denmark?

Well he loses a lot of matches ;) (he has the world record for most first round defeats in Grand Slams).
People don't realise what hard work it actually requires to be able to fight through very long periods with injuries and achieve a ranking that enables you to enter the Slams.

Probably has something to do with Denmark being one of the best badminton nations for many many years. The public that don't follow sports as much perhaps find it strange that we can bring home major titles every year in one racket sport but not another.

Another reason is that Kenneth for many years always said that he was sure he could get to the top 10 soon, even when he was struggling to stay inside the top 100 ;)

Highlandman
Mar 5th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Top-10 maybe...

yukon145
Mar 5th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Well he loses a lot of matches ;) (he has the world record for most first round defeats in Grand Slams).
People don't realise what hard work it actually requires to be able to fight through very long periods with injuries and achieve a ranking that enables you to enter the Slams.

Probably has something to do with Denmark being one of the best badminton nations for many many years. The public that don't follow sports as much perhaps find it strange that we can bring home major titles every year in one racket sport but not another.

Another reason is that Kenneth for many years always said that he was sure he could get to the top 10 soon, even when he was struggling to stay inside the top 100 ;)

tak as always HTE.