PDA

View Full Version : Martina should play a grass court warm up

MaRtInA-rUlEs
Mar 4th, 2007, 08:04 PM
she used to play the one in the Netherlands - it would definately help her before Wimbledon. I hope she has a good run there this year :)

:wavey:

swissmisshingis
Mar 4th, 2007, 08:07 PM
I agree, I really think she should to get used of the surface.

PLP
Mar 4th, 2007, 10:32 PM
I would love to see her play Birmingham, but yes, any warm-up will do...No matter what happens at RG!!!

josemanuel
Mar 4th, 2007, 10:37 PM
s´Hertogenbosch is the most accurate for me and she won it some years ago. But definitely she needs a warm up!!

mm1147
Mar 4th, 2007, 11:07 PM
do you think her style of game really fits in a fast court like grass? if she face sharapova she's gonna chase the ball all day

PLP
Mar 4th, 2007, 11:12 PM
do you think her style of game really fits in a fast court like grass? if she face sharapova she's gonna chase the ball all day

I don't agree. Martina beat Masha at Tokyo, possible the fastest surface all year.
She needs time to get adjusted to the surface though as grass can be awkward, which is why she really needs matches on the grass before Wimbledon.

RJWCapriati
Mar 4th, 2007, 11:14 PM
s´Hertogenbosch is the most accurate for me and she won it some years ago. But definitely she needs a warm up!!

I agree....I hope she would decide to play.

LoveFifteen
Mar 5th, 2007, 02:23 AM

Fast courts aren't a problem for Hingis. In fact, if more tourney were played on surfaces like Tokyo, babygurl would be winning a lot more. :hearts:

Reuchlin
Mar 5th, 2007, 02:39 AM
Martina has said that she prefers practicing on hardcourts before Wimbledon...She holds that the longer you play on grass, the worse you get.

PLP
Mar 5th, 2007, 03:38 AM
On second thought, Playing Eastbourne would be great too as she has never won there. I know it's only a Tier 2, but it's still a pretty major tournament.

Dementieva_Dude
Mar 5th, 2007, 03:46 AM
I'd love to see Martina play a grass warm up. I think she can make the QFs of Wimbledon this year if her draw is decent.

mm1147
Mar 5th, 2007, 05:44 AM
99 1st round
01 1st round
06 3rd round:tape:

im not expecting too much this year:help:

Marcus1979
Mar 5th, 2007, 05:51 AM
96 4th round
97 Winner
98 SemiFinal
99 1st round
00 QuarterFinal
01 1st round
02 DNP
03 DNP
04 DNP
05 DNP
06 3rd round:tape:

im not expecting too much this year:help:

u forgot some years I added em in ;)

faboozadoo15
Mar 5th, 2007, 06:21 AM
Hingis has sucked a lot of the time on grass. After she wins Roland Garros, the last thing she'll be thinking is that she's desperate for a Wimbledon tuneup.

lecciones
Mar 5th, 2007, 07:34 AM
Well she doesnt like grass because it is very unwieldy and her game relies on precision and constancy. But I wish her to practice on grass and of course do well in Wimbledon. Btw, I'm making a collage of her 81 titles, missing 18 doubles so I might post the singles work first, You'll see her kneeling on the grass after winning the Netherlands s'Hertogenbosch tourney!